Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 08-21-2009, 01:27 PM   #1
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
32 Team Schedule Request

32 teams, 2 Sub-leagues of 2 divisions of 8 teams each. 160 games, 16 vs own division and 6 vs other division, no interleague.

Thanks.
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:02 PM   #2
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questdog View Post
32 teams, 2 Sub-leagues of 2 divisions of 8 teams each. 160 games, 16 vs own division and 6 vs other division, no interleague.
Hey, that format looks familiar.

I can tell you I posted for OOTP 6/6.5 a schedule file taken from FPS: Baseball Pro '98 that had that format. Not sure if it ever got converted over to OOTP 2007+ schedule format though...
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:50 PM   #3
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
Hey, that format looks familiar.

I can tell you I posted for OOTP 6/6.5 a schedule file taken from FPS: Baseball Pro '98 that had that format. Not sure if it ever got converted over to OOTP 2007+ schedule format though...
Where is it?.....
Old 08-21-2009, 11:46 PM   #4
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
#
# 16 team schedule, 160 games
# Designed for the following configuration:
# 2 subleagues each with 1 division, each with 8 teams
#
#
# 16 games against 7 other teams in subleague (6H/6A)
# 6 games against 8 teams in other subleague (3H/3A)
#
#
# from:
# http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...tml#post771572
#
# Early in the season teams play very extended periods without offdays
# After first two months offdays much more common
#
# Homestands or roadtrips extend up to 16 games
#
# Start times have been set as follows:
# Day games (1:05pm start time)
# - all home openers
# - Saturday games in Apr, May, Sep
# - Sunday games
# All other games night games (7:05pm start time)
#
# Season begins first Tuesday on or after April 1
# Season thus ends late September/early October
#
# All-Star Game set for first Tuesday on or after July 9
#
Attached Files
File Type: zip ILY_BGN_G160_SL1_D1_T8_SL2_D1_T8_C_a1_gmo.zip (5.4 KB, 134 views)
gmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:56 PM   #5
gmo
Hall Of Famer

The above can be loaded into each subleague separately. I am not really crazy about it. There are a lot of 2-game series, and offdays are nearly nonexistent early in the season (a couple teams play the first 59 days) then much more common. It is tough to make 8 games both home and away (the above saying 6H/6A is a typo) and fit into the regular weekly scheduling scheme.

I assume if I went for something I considered prettier you would want the 8H/8A and not 7-9H/7-9A. That would mean not keeping to the regular modern-MLB scheme of laying out games on the week and allowing more variable scatter in offdays.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:27 AM   #6
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo View Post
The above can be loaded into each subleague separately. I am not really crazy about it. There are a lot of 2-game series, and offdays are nearly nonexistent early in the season (a couple teams play the first 59 days) then much more common. It is tough to make 8 games both home and away (the above saying 6H/6A is a typo) and fit into the regular weekly scheduling scheme.

I assume if I went for something I considered prettier you would want the 8H/8A and not 7-9H/7-9A. That would mean not keeping to the regular modern-MLB scheme of laying out games on the week and allowing more variable scatter in offdays.
The whole point was that I thought this would be prettier than a 162 game schedule with 14 vs division and 8 vs other....

What would you suggest for the league while maintaining symmetry of home and away games and all teams of a division playing identical schedules?
Old 08-22-2009, 12:27 PM   #7
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The whole point was that I thought this would be prettier than a 162 game schedule with 14 vs division and 8 vs other...
Note that by prettier gmo means more in keeping with the scheduling parameters actually used by MLB.

If you forgo that, then you can pretty much have any scenario you want.

Quote:
What would you suggest for the league while maintaining symmetry of home and away games and all teams of a division playing identical schedules?
If it's an 8-8 league, and you want to stay at around 162 games, it's tough, because two 8's are not a good number to work with if you want perfect symmetry. Two 6's, for example, are much easier.

The only one that comes to mind would be a 174-game schedule: 18 games against each divisional opponent (126 games) and 6 against each interdivisional opponent (48 games). That would bump the schedule up to 28 weeks in length though.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:28 PM   #8
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Note that by prettier gmo means more in keeping with the scheduling parameters actually used by MLB.

If you forgo that, then you can pretty much have any scenario you want.

If it's an 8-8 league, and you want to stay at around 162 games, it's tough, because two 8's are not a good number to work with if you want perfect symmetry. Two 6's, for example, are much easier.

The only one that comes to mind would be a 174-game schedule: 18 games against each divisional opponent (126 games) and 6 against each interdivisional opponent (48 games). That would bump the schedule up to 28 weeks in length though.
Actually, the schedule included with the game looks pretty good at 162 games. Check it out and let me know what you think....
Old 08-22-2009, 05:25 PM   #9
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Exactly.

Wants and what people consider pretty will vary. Some people want all teams playing on exactly the same days, but I like it when games have a little more scatter so that, e.g., a team can have played 2-3 games more or less than a division opponent and half-games in the standings GB column appear more. Some people do not care how the games fall out relative to the days of the week, but I prefer 2 series per week with one Mon/Tue-Wed/Thu and another Thu/Fri-Sun.

Some people want exact symmetry with all teams playing equal numbers of games (total and perhaps even home/away) against all common opponents. I am fine with that, but for constructing schedules that come out with two series per week with most being 3-game with some 4-game and perhaps occasional 2-game, that is rarely the case.

To go 16 (8H/8A) and 6 (3H/3A) I would make it with no regard to days of the week. Teams would be playing at the same time all 3-game series or all 4-game series. Offdays would fall before/after many series. But if 8H/8A was relaxed to 7-9H/7-9A, I could make something I find prettier, meaning two series per week and more scattered offdays.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:34 PM   #10
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Actually, the schedule included with the game looks pretty good at 162 games. Check it out and let me know what you think....
The 162-game with the game that has 14 intraleague and 8 interleague per team is "pretty" to my eye. It has the max of 20 days without an offday, no more than 14 straight games home or away, no doubleheaders.

The oddity with it is that 2-game and 4-game series are very common. Instead of mostly Mon & Thu offdays, it is mostly Mon & Wed because it is very common for there to be in a week a 2-game series (Mon-Tue or Tue-Wed) followed by a 4-game series (Thu-Sun). More usual is a pair of 3-game series with one maybe being 4-game instead.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:51 PM   #11
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The oddity with it is that 2-game and 4-game series are very common.
I would expect the number of 2-game series arises from having the 7 games at home or away against a divisional opponent split into series as either 4-3 or 3-2-2. Similarly, I'd expect the 4 games at home or away against each interdivisional opponent is split into series as either one 4-game series or two 2-game series.

Which raises another real-world 'pretty' element: the number of series against divisional or interdivisional opponents being equal, not just the number of games.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:25 PM   #12
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The 162-game with the game that has 14 intraleague and 8 interleague per team is "pretty" to my eye. It has the max of 20 days without an offday, no more than 14 straight games home or away, no doubleheaders.

The oddity with it is that 2-game and 4-game series are very common. Instead of mostly Mon & Thu offdays, it is mostly Mon & Wed because it is very common for there to be in a week a 2-game series (Mon-Tue or Tue-Wed) followed by a 4-game series (Thu-Sun). More usual is a pair of 3-game series with one maybe being 4-game instead.
I think the one in the game will do and seems to me to be a realistic schedule.

Thank you for you time and consideration and I will be back one of these days when I start a new league.....