Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 18 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 11-02-2017, 10:35 PM   #1
ETRAIN
Minors (Triple A)

Pinnacle Baseball Association - Openings

Full League Name (Initials): Pinnacle Baseball Association (PBA)
Message Board URL: Boards
Website URL: League
Reports URL: Reports
OOTP Version: OOTP 18
# Of Teams: 30
Exports: Every Three Days during season. 4 Per Week in Offseason
League Time Per Sim: 7 days
Current Season: Beginning 2018 Offseason
Constitution: Constitution
StatsPlus: StatsPlus
Rules & Settings:

The PBA has concluded its inaugural season with the Mets taking home the crown! The PBA tries to be as realistic as possible, not taking shortcuts with several things most other leagues don't want to deal with.

For example, Scouting is on (Very accurate), coaching is on, drug suspensions are on (suspensions set to very low), injuries are normal, meaning there are a bunch of them, there are overbudget restrictions, and rain outs are on. Scouts create variance in player evaluation, coaches affect development, some players try to bend the rules, some players can't bend their bodies, bosses suck, and sometimes, it rains. These affect baseball in real life, and affect baseball in the PBA.

Both leagues use a DH to help mitigate some questionable AI decisions.
Ratings are 1-10
Draft picks and recently drafted players can be traded.
If a team goes more than $5 million over budget, they have two months to get under or face adjustments to their draft and scouting budgets in future years.
Four foreign leagues run in the background (often with hilarious results, and not so hilarious report-loading times).
There are cosmetic rewards (nicknames, minor league stadium name changes) for those who are active writers in the league
Finally, yes we have StatsPlus, and Slack.

To allow GMs the experience of taking in the full scope of the league, we sim every three days in-season.

If you're interested, there are several teams available on different ends of the talent/market spectrum. The available teams are:

Phillies

If you want to join the league, PM me or drop a line in the boards. If things fill up but you want to be a part of the league, the fact that there are foreign leagues means you can take over the Leon Bravos or Samsung Lions or any other team in our foreign leagues while waiting for an opening.

Looking forward to welcoming you to the Pinnacle Baseball Association!

Last edited by ETRAIN; 11-26-2017 at 09:55 AM.
ETRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 12:38 PM   #2
greenexplorer
Bat Boy

This is a great modern league with a very active group of guys as well as a great commissioner!
greenexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 02:21 PM   #3
FriscoRanger
Bat Boy

Join while you can!

I'm in this league and i love it! Very active slack, writing rewards make it fun to write, and trades are always going down.
FriscoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 10:37 PM   #4
rdavis1149
Bat Boy

Hello, I have interest in the Padres.
rdavis1149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 09:55 AM   #5
ETRAIN
Minors (Triple A)

Philadelphia is open
ETRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:40 AM   #6
JacPau
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETRAIN View Post
Philadelphia is open
Are they still available? I have been out of OOTP for a while, but looking to jump back in.
JacPau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 06:47 PM   #7
Moriarty9
Hall Of Famer

If the league is simming just once every 3 days or so, I'm definitely interested as that better fits my availability.

I was a member of the UBL for the last two seasons, leading the Red Sox to the playoffs in both years, but the league has recently folded, so I'm kicking tires until I find the right league.
Moriarty9 is offline   Reply With Quote