Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 11-05-2016, 08:24 PM   #1
Trickstyle
Bat Boy

Mac Osx Crashing

Been playing several different PtG seasons with the Oilers. Everything works ok up until the start of the 2nd season. Always crashes right between June 30th and July 1st. Free agency. On a side note, the FHM3 ALWAYS crashes out when I exit the game. It also has issues with it crashing out when I load prior games. Seems to me that it doesn't like loading other saves other than the one that is open.

Third attempt (save and season) at trying to get past June 30th. No luck, very fast crash, almost as if it doesnt even have a chance to attempt to process the upcoming free agency period. Recently updated to .65 version hoping that it will fix issue. Still crashing consistently.

I will load up trace log and save as well as info on OS specs when I get the chance tomorrow. Any similar issues among other users?

Cheers

Ivan Chew

BTW does the GR of players affect trade values?

Last edited by Trickstyle; 11-05-2016 at 08:27 PM.
Trickstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 08:29 PM   #2
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

It should never crash when closing and the moment it does, the save will be destoyed. When you upload a save I will look of course.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:01 AM   #3
Ferrisrox
Minors (Double A)

I'm also playing on OsX and the game is plagued by endless crashes.

I'm playing in the sandbox and have yet to get through the month of January in my first season.

It crashes randomly but repeatedly.
Ferrisrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:05 AM   #4
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrisrox View Post

I'm playing in the sandbox and have yet to get through the month of January in my first season.

Any more details? Can you please upload the save? Did you do any editing?
Old 11-06-2016, 11:14 AM   #5
Ferrisrox
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Any more details? Can you please upload the save? Did you do any editing?
I have edited a handful of players, yes.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what details you require. It's a sandbox game, I'm the general manager not the coach and the crashes are totally random, they don't happen on the same date, they don't happen while doing the same things. I'm edging ever closer to to the end of January (current save is January 28th) but the crashes have dimmed my interest in playing the game because they happen repeatedly and make me feel like any time invested in the game is essentially time wasted, so I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to bother.

As a loyal supporter of the franchise and someone that pre-ordered the game long ago, I'm very disappointed that the release version would seemingly be this buggy that I can't even get through a few months of the first season I've played.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:19 AM   #6
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

It sucks that you have such problems but most other people don´t have them (otherwise we would see a lot more threads like yours ). That does not make the situation better and I will try to help you to solve your problems of course.

Again, please upload the save and I will look into it. It should crash on my computer as well and I can then look into the cause.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...748-post2.html

Thanks for the help!

Quote:
I have edited a handful of players, yes.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what details you require. It's a sandbox game, I'm the general manager not the coach and the crashes are totally random, they don't happen on the same date, they don't happen while doing the same things. I'm edging ever closer to to the end of January (current save is January 28th) but the crashes have dimmed my interest in playing the game because they happen repeatedly and make me feel like any time invested in the game is essentially time wasted, so I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to bother.

As a loyal supporter of the franchise and someone that pre-ordered the game long ago, I'm very disappointed that the release version would seemingly be this buggy that I can't even get through a few months of the first season I've played.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:30 AM   #7
Ferrisrox
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
It sucks that you have such problems but most other people don´t have them (otherwise we would see a lot more threads like yours ). That does not make the situation better and I will try to help you to solve your problems of course.

Again, please upload the save and I will look into it. It should crash on my computer as well and I can then look into the cause.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...748-post2.html

Thanks for the help!
According to another thread, the issue is playing with Montreal and a bug that doesn't allow Montreal seasons to progress past the 28th of January.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:34 AM   #8
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
According to another thread, the issue is playing with Montreal and a bug that doesn't allow Montreal seasons to progress past the 28th of January.
That was already fixed and if you have installed the newest version should not happen anymore. So if you still have randomly crashes in January it has to be something different. Please just upload your save and I will look.
Old 11-06-2016, 02:36 PM   #9
Trickstyle
Bat Boy

The crash seems to happen right at the END of the shut down process when the saving progress bar is pretty much complete. My save data seems to be ok but it could also be the cause of my current crashes.

I have uploaded the game files under the ZIP file Ivan Chew.zip. Attached is the is the Trace File from the Debug mode crash.

Quote:
It should never crash when closing and the moment it does, the save will be destoyed. When you upload a save I will look of course.
Hope to hear from you soon about what you might think is the issue.

The Mac specs:
13 Inch MacBook Pro
Mid 2012 2.8 ghz 8gig Ram
OS 10.9.5

BTW uploading from Cairo, Egypt. SLOOOOOW connection so its going to take a little time for the game save file to upload.
Attached Files
File Type: txt fhm_trace copy.txt (5.4 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by Trickstyle; 11-06-2016 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:54 PM   #10
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

I downloaded your save and was able to continue it without any crashes. What exactly happens on your computer and when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickstyle View Post
The crash seems to happen right at the END of the shut down process when the saving progress bar is pretty much complete. My save data seems to be ok but it could also be the cause of my current crashes.

I have uploaded the game files under the ZIP file Ivan Chew.zip. Attached is the is the Trace File from the Debug mode crash.

Hope to hear from you soon about what you might think is the issue.

The Mac specs:
13 Inch MacBook Pro
Mid 2012 2.8 ghz 8gig Ram
OS 10.9.5

BTW uploading from Cairo, Egypt. SLOOOOOW connection so its going to take a little time for the game save file to upload.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:02 PM   #11
Bisbo
Minors (Single A)

Quote:

Me too. Constant, random crashes on OS X. I'm in PtG, no editing, nothing other than plain vanilla.
Bisbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:21 PM   #12
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisbo View Post
Me too. Constant, random crashes on OS X. I'm in PtG, no editing, nothing other than plain vanilla.
What leagues do you have on? Could you post a trace file please? Crashes always when you sim forward? How often, every few days? Maybe upload a save so I can try here.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:27 PM   #13
Trickstyle
Bat Boy

Details on Mac OSX crashes

The following error code on the attachment pops ups EVERYTIME I exit FHM3. All the saves are done and from what I see the game crashes right at the end of the application quiting. The saves look good but maybe the crashes during these exits somehow corrupt the save file enough to reproduce the errors before the free agency period on June 30th?

When the crash happens right before the free agency period. The instant I click on SIM DATE the game IMMEDIATELY crashes with no progress bar for the sim. And the following Mac Error screen pops up with the details (attached as PDF)

I am starting a fresh game from scratch with .65 and going the distance to see if it happens again. If it does it puts a damper on my enthusiasm for the game. Hopefully this helps you to find a solution!

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Mac error code.pdf (109.9 KB, 201 views)
Old 11-09-2016, 07:07 PM   #14
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

The game should not crash on saves. Chance is that the save is corrupted after that and will not work anymore.

Does the game crash on the first crash when you start a new game? Or only when you quit the game and it saves?

Also, what leagues do you have playable, all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickstyle View Post
The following error code on the attachment pops ups EVERYTIME I exit FHM3. All the saves are done and from what I see the game crashes right at the end of the application quiting. The saves look good but maybe the crashes during these exits somehow corrupt the save file enough to reproduce the errors before the free agency period on June 30th?

When the crash happens right before the free agency period. The instant I click on SIM DATE the game IMMEDIATELY crashes with no progress bar for the sim. And the following Mac Error screen pops up with the details (attached as PDF)

I am starting a fresh game from scratch with .65 and going the distance to see if it happens again. If it does it puts a damper on my enthusiasm for the game. Hopefully this helps you to find a solution!

Cheers
Old 11-10-2016, 01:43 AM   #15
Trickstyle
Bat Boy

I am in the process of starting a whole new season. However even during the new season the game ALWAYS crashes when I quit the game and it seems to happen after it makes all the saves. The progress bar finishes and then it crashes.

The game has not crashed on me during the middle of the season since the .65 update. Before that it would happen occasionally. but BOTH versions having issues with the start of FREE AGENCY sim date.

I have ALL leagues playable on PtG and always tinker with the Coaching staff, replacing them all. Should I start a new season with all other teams turned off?

Quote:
The game should not crash on saves. Chance is that the save is corrupted after that and will not work anymore.

Does the game crash on the first crash when you start a new game? Or only when you quit the game and it saves?

Also, what leagues do you have playable, all?