Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-21-2016, 06:42 PM   #21
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
The computer resolution is set at 2160 X 1440, the recommended setting, as I answered above. zoom is off.
I don't know nearly as much about this as Sebastian, but if the pc resolution is actually set to 2160 x 1440 I don't understand where the line below from your trace file is coming from from.

It seems like the game thinks your computer still has a different resolution that's too low.

Now whether the game's getting it wrong or there's something off with the resolution settings on your pc, maybe it didn't take when you changed it, I couldn't tell you that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
2016-10-21 15:49:34 Resolution from Settings: 1280 * 1024
2016-10-21 15:49:34 Screen Size: 1080 Width, 720 Height; Available Screen Size: 1080 Width, 690 Height, Screen-Size w/o Border: 1070 Width, 663 Height
2016-10-21 15:49:34 Windowed Mode - Width: 1070, Height: 663, User-Width: 1070, User-Height: 663

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 10-21-2016 at 06:43 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 06:49 PM   #22
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
I don't know nearly as much about this as Sebastian, but if the pc resolution is actually set to 2160 x 1440 I don't understand where the line below from your trace file is coming from from.

It seems like the game thinks your computer still has a different resolution that's too low.

Now whether the game's getting it wrong or there's something off with the resolution settings on your pc, maybe it didn't take when you changed it, I couldn't tell you that.
I can only work with what I see: if the height is 1440 and the game reports 720, the zoom is set to 200%. Until the game does not report at least 768 I can't do anything.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:58 PM   #23
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
I can only work with what I see: if the height is 1440 and the game reports 720, the zoom is set to 200%. Until the game does not report at least 768 I can't do anything.
Right, which is why I'm thinking something went wrong with his changing his computer's settings and he should maybe take a shot at doing that again.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 08:14 PM   #24
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Finally figured it out. It was a scaling bar in my computer settings took that down to 100% from 200% and everything works. Sorry to be such a bother but THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP!
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 01:40 AM   #25
JeffR
FHM Producer

No problem, good for us to know in case anyone else runs into it.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 09:05 AM   #26
flyers139
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hey guys,

Been trying to start a Sandbox Custom and, after naming the GM and providing the background info and such, the game crashes when generating the league (usually during the "scouting players" part of the loading process). I've tried creating several new games, to the same effect. I have not seen this happen in other modes as of yet and am running FHM3 at default settings.

Edit: In the instance that my preferences play a role, I eliminated the Salary Cap ceiling and floor, allowed OT games to end in ties, eliminated the "loser point" and allowed for real players to be included in the player pool.

Last edited by flyers139; 10-22-2016 at 09:09 AM.
flyers139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 09:12 AM   #27
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Since it is a custom game, could you please tell us what setup you exactly took and if you added minor and/or juniors as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers139 View Post
Hey guys,

Been trying to start a Sandbox Custom and, after naming the GM and providing the background info and such, the game crashes when generating the league (usually during the "scouting players" part of the loading process). I've tried creating several new games, to the same effect. I have not seen this happen in other modes as of yet and am running FHM3 at default settings.

Edit: In the instance that my preferences play a role, I eliminated the Salary Cap ceiling and floor, allowed OT games to end in ties, eliminated the "loser point" and allowed for real players to be included in the player pool.
Old 10-22-2016, 10:27 PM   #28
flyers139
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Since it is a custom game, could you please tell us what setup you exactly took and if you added minor and/or juniors as well?
Sure, trying to recreate it with the following settings:

Sandbox Custom:
Start a Fictional Game: Nation and Region settings at default
Use Initial Draft: Check / Use Real Player: Check / Start Year: 2016

Edit League Structure: Default teams and team names used

Edit League Rules: Salary Cap and Salary Floor turned off / Points for loss in overtime and shootout: 0 / Overtime Ties: Check / All other settings on default

No farm leagues added

Nationality: USA / 2nd Nationality: Sweden

Started being employed by Arizona Coyotes (GM + Head Coach)

Game crashes while new game is being generated. Once the loading bar gets to 100% for "Scouting Players", the game crashes. I updated with the most recent build this morning and tried creating a new game under these settings 3 times.

Thank you for looking into this! Been playing since the original FHM and have enjoyed watching the series continue to grow.
flyers139 is offline   Reply With Quote