Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 05-16-2019, 01:09 PM   #9641
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Iron Horses

Caps
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 01:10 PM   #9642
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Iron Horses

Jerseys
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Old 05-16-2019, 02:30 PM   #9643
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

txranger, the Iron Horses logo is really creative... placing that horse on the front end of a locomotives is pure genius.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:40 PM   #9644
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
Txranger, could you make an Omaha away variant jersey for the Iron Horses, please, in place of Cheyenne? Thanks in advance, if you do so. Colors and logo and the rest of the set can stay as they are, for sure. But with Omaha in place of Cheyenne, it would be perfect for a potential Premier Baseball Association, if such a league hasn't already or doesn't currently exist in any or all of my saved games/dynasties. CD out.

P.S. I almost forgot to ask that the C be replaced by an O as well on one of the caps, if it's not too much of a problem for you. IF you could and would do that for me, I'd be most appreciative, for sure. CD out.

Proverbs 16:7 KJV
Romans 12:18 KJV
Philippians 2:1-11 KJV

DeviantArt:

https://www.deviantart.com/clovidequano-dovatha

GBA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=316515

EC's IPA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=158631

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 05-16-2019 at 02:42 PM.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:42 PM   #9645
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
txranger, the Iron Horses logo is really creative... placing that horse on the front end of a locomotives is pure genius.

Thanks, but that is a graphic I got from a vector site... Not of my making...

Old 05-16-2019, 08:52 PM   #9646
knuckler
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
Palatines

I'm not very good at describing colors, but it probably should be the color of the roof of that gate.
low did a great job extracting this logo, I just would love to have that the "knuckler-way"

But of course, if you have a better idea what color(s) to use, go for it
First take on this one. The length of the logo you posted is at the bottom so it makes it hard to get it much bigger than this on a circle logo. Hope it works, but I am happy tomake any adjustments that I can.
Attached Images
knuckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 03:42 AM   #9647
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckler View Post
First take on this one. The length of the logo you posted is at the bottom so it makes it hard to get it much bigger than this on a circle logo. Hope it works, but I am happy to make any adjustments that I can.
First take? Come on, I can't even think of any "improvements".

This is perfect the way it is, exactly what I envisioned. Thanks a lot!

May I ask Mr. Tx to create corresponding jerseys/caps?
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 04:46 PM   #9648
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Frankenthal Palatines

Frankenthal Palatines
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Old 05-17-2019, 05:21 PM   #9649
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by txranger View Post
Frankenthal Palatines
Thanks a lot my friend, just what the doctor had ordered

Happy Chandler, 1947

Last edited by Germaniac; 05-17-2019 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:52 PM   #9650
knuckler
Hall Of Famer

Hartford Oaks

I decided to go with the first lion for the Monarchs. Thank you guys for the feedback. Hartford will play in the western division of the top level in the NEBL. Their name will be the Oaks for the Charter Oak that hid the Connecticut's Royal Charter from the English. I lean toward two and three.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by knuckler; 05-17-2019 at 09:53 PM.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:19 PM   #9651
Jabez54
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

Number 3!
Old 05-17-2019, 11:27 PM   #9652
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

knuckler, I like the Oak Tree... but I think #3 will show up better in the game... many times I see dark color images get muddied and are hard to see as secondary logos.

Another fine job... the Hartford Oaks may be in my next dynasty.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 05-17-2019 at 11:29 PM.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:52 AM   #9653
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

I'd prefer the first two Hartford Oaks takes. I agree with Eugene, the tree will not show up good in-game ... remember, these logos are 300*300 while the game uses 150*150 and smaller

Happy Chandler, 1947
Old 05-18-2019, 01:02 AM   #9654
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

OOTP 18 can use things 300 by 300 pixels in size, as well as 150 by 150 pixels, if memory serves, for logos. But their visibility(ies) could also depend on what skin a user may use in their games, of course. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.
Old 05-18-2019, 07:02 AM   #9655
knuckler
Hall Of Famer

Thanks, guys. Maybe I will give it a go with a lighter shade of brown to improve the contrast.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:14 PM   #9656
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckler View Post
Thanks, guys. Maybe I will give it a go with a lighter shade of brown to improve the contrast.
EDIT: I use the Dark Skin Background screen mode.

I'm not one to tell the expert anything... but small changes can really improve the contrast and visibility on the OOTP screens... especially when the game make the logos smaller... like 50 x 50 pixels for secondary logos.

I have discovered that I prefer all my logos to have a white border... that way they will stand out clearly on game screens... low, one of the best graphics designers, recently posted a similar observation... I see many times that if you use a color on the border that is used as background on the game screens... a navy blue border on a navy background doesn't look good to me... they do not show good contrast... they just blend in and are not distinct... just my preference... it may not matter to other folks... and that's fine... different strokes for difference folks.

Below screenshots: The first logo has a light gray on its border... this one blended in with the grays that are often used as background by the game.

The second logo has a white border... I also added thin black secondary border... and it shows up a little better in my opinion.

Being very picky as I am... I could improve the second logo by making the K and the crown on a white background... it would give it a little more contrast... the K and the crown on the gray background don't stand out as good... but I don't have the skill to change the background color... and I mention it only to show what minor changes can do to improve contrast... I can live with the logo as it is.

I also make my secondary logos simpler in design than the primary logo... I will make it less fancy and less cluttered... the primary will look fine at 150 x 150 pixels... but when it is cut down to 50 x 50, it hurts the clarity and sometimes just becomes a blob and the image is not clear and distinct.

Just my opinion, that is what happens to the oak tree on the Hartford Oaks... and of course, that just old picky me... many folks are not bothered by it... which is fine.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Eugene Church; 05-18-2019 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:37 PM   #9657
txranger
Hall Of Famer

How the logos show up in game depends a lot on the team colors you choose and on the skin you choose to use... Light or white borders only show up good against darker backgrounds and obviously darker borders will show better against lighter backgrounds... My suggestion is to experiment with the team and team text colors to get the logo to have more contrast to the background...

Old 05-18-2019, 01:43 PM   #9658
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by txranger View Post
How the logos show up in game depends a lot on the team colors you choose and on the skin you choose to use... Light or white borders only show up good against darker backgrounds and obviously darker borders will show better against lighter backgrounds... My suggestion is to experiment with the team and team text colors to get the logo to have more contrast to the background...
Great advice... I have learned to do that... it takes time... but it works... the graphics show up better in most cases.

I use the dark skin... don't really like it... but the White is just to bright.... and I have never liked the Brownish Skin... just don't like the color combinations.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 05-18-2019 at 01:47 PM.
Old 05-18-2019, 07:15 PM   #9659
rocknfire7
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (4)
I look at it like trying to determine if a tie will go with whatever shirt color you are wearing. Some go well with others and some are more selective. But that’s just me.
rocknfire7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 08:23 PM   #9660
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I need a league logo for the Ruifrapso Sokumi Baseball Union in the colors of the flag I will post here, please. The primary national animal is the Red-Streaked Eagle, as well. The logo or logos should have a look suitable for the 1871 to 1890 time period, if possible, come to think of it.

The primary national animal has up to three thick streaks running down its body from head to tail on its back, and its wings have narrower streaks as well, but streaks are not present on its chest or legs. The average Red-Streaked Eagle is colored similarly to the flag, with gold and white the most common colors present for them on their bodies.

It is similar in size to an American Bald Eagle, but just a bit smaller. Other than that, please use your best judgement when it comes to elements for the logo or logos, if you so choose to design it or them. Thank you for any help you can provide here, folks, if you so choose to try to help me out here. CD out.
Attached Images

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 05-18-2019 at 08:44 PM.