Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Inside the Ropes

TBCB Inside the Ropes Your game and fantasy fights

Old 02-13-2008, 03:06 PM   #1
Ric915
All Star Starter

World Of Boxing

Couldn't really think up a fancy name so World Of Boxing it is. My universe will be starting with real fighters who fought from 1965 to 1985. New fighters will be introduced in January of every year,the new fighters being introduced will be from 1 year before the start and 1 year after so for ex my new class of fighters will be from 1964 and 1986 and so on. I have simulated 3 years of fights with the real fighters beating on RFG TC's. I will be using the WBA,WBC,IBF, and WBO there will also be regional champions, The top eight guys in each of the 17 weight classes will be facing off against eachother for the initial championships. So #1 will fight #8, #2 fight #7 or I just may have #1 fight #2 for one title, #3 fight #4, haven't decided fully on that. Before I have those fights I wan't the top 15 guys to fight against other top contenders so I can weed out the fluke 2 rated fighter who wen't 20 -0 against TC's never know maybe he will surprise and win to stay in title contention. Ofcourse running 17 division I won't post all results but just the important stuff, If there is a fighter you are interested in following just let me know and I will post info on that fighter for you I know I have my favorites I'll be following Example Ray Mancini is 21-0-0-19 after fighting the TC's and two spots above him is Livingstone Bramble (20-0-1-12) would love to have them square off for one of the titles, Hopefully it turns out better for Mancini in my uni.Again if there is someone or something your interested in just let me know and I will be more then happy to pass info along. I'm at work right now so tonight I will try and post the top 10 guys in each division hope you guys follow along

Last edited by Ric915; 02-13-2008 at 03:08 PM.
Ric915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:11 PM   #2
aaaaaaaaa
All Star Starter

thats a huge universe.. will definately be following.

Edit. Id like to be following either George Foreman or Carlos Monzon (or both)

Last edited by aaaaaaaaa; 02-13-2008 at 03:14 PM.
aaaaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:34 PM   #3
Thunder
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric915 View Post
If there is a fighter you are interested in following just let me know and I will post info on that fighter for you
Mel Turnbow . . .who else?
Old 02-13-2008, 09:31 PM   #4
Lee
Global Moderator

You took the leap finally

Looks good will be following as well, I would like info on Danny "Little Red" Lopez.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:44 AM   #5
Ric915
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaaaaaaa View Post
thats a huge universe.. will definately be following.

Edit. Id like to be following either George Foreman or Carlos Monzon (or both)
The Uni Gods are against me I got home last night and the new puppy chewed my ethernet wire so I couldn't get online and post the rankings so here is some info you guys requested

Monzon unfortunately is two years away from my uni as his career start date is 1963

Big George Has been impressive so far going 17-0-0-17

And Thunder Turnbow will enter my uni in this new year as his career start date is 1964

Lee
I will post Danny's info tonight (after buying a new ethernet wire) I do remember when simming he did lose 1 but not sure of his overall record
Old 02-14-2008, 11:56 AM   #6
mh2365
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (101)
Alexis Arguello and Marvin Johnson
mh2365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:53 PM   #7
Ric915
All Star Starter

Danny "Little Red "Lopez Currently 21-1-0-21 Danny was looking good and got stopped on cuts in his last bout and is currently ranked 34th in the Fetherweight Division

Alexis Arguello 20-0-0-19 The hard hiiting Nicarauguan has gotten off to a good start and is currently ranked 5th in the Jr Lightweight Division

Marvin Johnson 19-0-0-16 also off to a good start is currently ranked 8th in the Light Heavyweight Division.

Will be scheduling the top 15 guys to finally fight against some stiffer competition to weed out the rankings before the title matches
Old 02-15-2008, 01:55 AM   #8
Brooks TVB
All Star Starter

I like this. I will continue to watch this.

Mike Hanson's LBA

Complete Fighter Management
Brooks TVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:42 PM   #9
Ric915
All Star Starter

Notable Fighters making there debut I'll only list fighters
rated 6 or better

SW
5 fighters No One of note

Jr Fly
4 fighters No One of note

Fly
3fighters No One of note

Jr Bantom
1 fighter No One of note

Bantom
3 Fighters
Lionel Rose

Jr Feather
2 fighters No One of note

Feather
12 Fighters
Paul Hodkinson
Yong Kyun Park
Eloy Rojas

Jr Light
2 Fighters
John John Molina

Lightweight
7 fighters No One of note

Jr Welter
10 Fighters
Rafael Pineda
Bruno Arcari
Antonio Cervantes
Joao Henrique

Welter
9 Fighters
Aaron Davis

Jr Middle
12 Fighters
Terry Norris
Gilbert Dele
Gypsy Joe Harris

Middle
9 Fighters
Quincy Taylor
Julio Cesar Vasquez

Super Middle
3 Fighters
Steve Collins

Light Heavy
10 Fighters
Leeonzer Barber
Jeff Harding
Dingaan Thobela

Cruiser
8 Fighters
Massimiliano Duran
Nate Miller
Johnny Nelson
Orlin Norris

Heavy
20 Fighters
Alex Stewart
Oscar Bonavena
Al Jones
and just for Thunder Mel Turnbow

It is now January of 1986 and I can actually start running fight cards Woo Hoo.Sime fight card results to follow
Old 02-16-2008, 01:49 PM   #10
aaaaaaaaa
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric915 View Post
Notable Fighters making there debut I'll only list fighters
rated 6 or better

SW
5 fighters No One of note

Jr Fly
4 fighters No One of note

Fly
3fighters No One of note

Jr Bantom
1 fighter No One of note

Bantom
3 Fighters
Lionel Rose

Jr Feather
2 fighters No One of note

Feather
12 Fighters
Paul Hodkinson
Yong Kyun Park
Eloy Rojas

Jr Light
2 Fighters
John John Molina

Lightweight
7 fighters No One of note

Jr Welter
10 Fighters
Rafael Pineda
Bruno Arcari
Antonio Cervantes
Joao Henrique

Welter
9 Fighters
Aaron Davis

Jr Middle
12 Fighters
Terry Norris
Gilbert Dele
Gypsy Joe Harris

Middle
9 Fighters
Quincy Taylor
Julio Cesar Vasquez

Super Middle
3 Fighters
Steve Collins

Light Heavy
10 Fighters
Leeonzer Barber
Jeff Harding
Dingaan Thobela

Cruiser
8 Fighters
Massimiliano Duran
Nate Miller
Johnny Nelson
Orlin Norris

Heavy
20 Fighters
Alex Stewart
Oscar Bonavena
Al Jones
and just for Thunder Mel Turnbow

It is now January of 1986 and I can actually start running fight cards Woo Hoo.Sime fight card results to follow
aaaaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 02:55 PM   #11
Ric915
All Star Starter

Straweight bouts Jan 86

Titing Boy Dignos 14-1-1-2 LKO8 Marcario Santos 11-2-0-3

After the last fight this one was a let down after Dignos was dropped
in the first he wanted no part of Santos. The best punch of the fight
for Dignos was a head butt that caused swelling on Sanos' right eye.
Santos dominated the fight and in the 8th both went all out and Santos
landed a great right that put Dignos to sleep

Carlos Alberto Rodriguez 21-0-0-8 LUD10 Fernando Martinez 12-0-0-8

What a fight Rodriguez the number 1 SW in the world knew Martinez had the power advantage but didn't expect to get dropped in the first round by the Pre Prime Martinez. I had Martinez up by 4 points after three rounds Rodriguez stormed back in the 6th dropping Martinez for a 9 count I thought he had the amazing comeback but Martinez survived with swelling beginning to show. Martinez and Rodriguez went toe to toe over the next two rounds when in the eighth Rodriguez was dropped again this time for an 8 count. The last two rounds had both fighters going All Out and landing bombs but both with stood the barrage. So the number 1 contender gets upset by the Pre Prime Martinez

Hector Luis Patri 12-1-0-2 LUD10 Ricardo Lopez 16-0-0-11

a Pre Prime Patri knew he would have his hands full with a prime
Ricardo Lopez and with eye swelling after 1 round he knew it would
be a long night. Lopez completely domintaed but amazingly never hurt
Patri

Chiba Tenoria 0-0-0-0 UD8 Haruki Tanaka 0-2-1-0

How do you not root for a guy named Chiba?.He looked impressive
winning in my opinion easily one judge had it 76-76 he must have
been watching another fight

Sung Woo Lee 0-0-0-0 UD6 Kiyohiro Agano 0-4-0-0

Lee looked impressive in his debut with a shut out performance
It looked like Lee was gonna make a spectacular debut when he dropped
Agano with a picture perfect left hook in round 1 for a 7 count but
Agano showed Heart surving and even having his moments thru out the bout

Nico Thomas 0-0-0-0 D6 Masahiro Shimada 0-2-0-0

In his debut Thomas looked good when staying outside and boxing but
when he stepped inside to trade Shimada got the better of him No
problem with the scoring

SW Rankings after January

Ricardo Lopez 17-0-0-11
Fernando Martinez 13-0-0-8
Hideyuki Ohashi 23-1-4-6
Carlos Alberto Rodriguez 21-1-0-8
Bong Jon Kim 14-0-0-4
Nick Dalisay 14-0-0-0
Katsumi Komiyama 18-1-1-0
Macario Santos 12-2-0-4
Titing Dingos 14-2-1-2
Kyung Yun Lee 15-1-0-6

Last edited by Ric915; 02-23-2008 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:22 PM   #12
Ric915
All Star Starter

Jr Flyweight action for Jan 86

Hiroki Ioka 0-0-0-0 WSD6 Haitham Azhar 1-6-1-0

Ioka had a tough first battle for his debut and in my opinion did enough to win

Ignacio Lindor Gorriti 0-0-0-0 LMD4 Rafael Flores 0-5-2-0

Gorriti was not impressive in his debut.He just let Flores out work him. Gorriti
did seem to be hittting his stride in the 4th as he lit up Flores but to little to
late

Jose Gumberto Lagos 15-1-1-6 WUD8 Benedicto Murillo 18-2-2-0

Action starts early as Lagos rocks Murillo in round 1 with a crisp right he tries to follow up but Flores covers up nicely. Over the next two rounds both fighters stay on the outside and win a round apiece with Lagos ratteling Flores again in the second..In the 4th Lagos moves inside with minimal success as Flores boxes nicely from th outside.The 5th and 5th easily goto Lagos as Murillo seems to be tiring and Lagos pressure is starting to get to him as Lagos is starting to land big punches. In the 7th Murillo gets on his bicycle and is doing ok until LAgos lands a perfevt right that drops Murillo for a 5 count he rises and covers up for the remainder of the round and Lagos is unable to end it.What a final round Lagos comes out looking for the KO and get rocked badley wwith a minute to go. Murillo tries to finish off Lagos even though he lands some brutal punches Lagos remains upright and wins a unanimous decision

Humberto Gonzales 16-0-0-11 WTKO9 Jose Lbiris 14-8-4-4

Great first round and out of nowhere Gonzalez is penalized a point for a low blow.Gonzales has a huge second round staggering Lbiris whose right eye is beginning to swell. Gonzales continues to outbox Lbiris over the next 4 rounds opening a cut over the right eye just before the bell ending round 6. The 7th and 8th are pretty oone sided as Gonzales continues to tag Lbiris. The ringside doc examines Lbrisis vut in the 8th but allows it to continue. The same cannot be said in the 9th as the cut reopened and the beating Lbrisis was taking the physician seen enought and Gonzales remains a top contender in the Jr Flyweight Division

Rodolfo Rodriguez 13-1-0-7 WUD10 Mario DeMarco 16-2-0-2

Rodriguez starts quickly winning a huge first round by landing crisp combos.Demarco moves to the outside in round two and has a much better round peppering Rodriguez with quick jabs. Over the next 5 rounds bith guys go at it toe to toe with the edge in my mind going to Demarco. Both fighters look to close out the show in grand fashion but a Rodriguez hook depsoits DeMarco on the canvas.he rises at 4 and covers up for the remainder of the fight.

Vincenzo Belcastro 19-0-1-1 vs Godfrey Nkate 18-2-1-5

Brlcastro the number 2 ranked Jr Fly is thourally outboxed in round 1. Belcastreo moves outside for round 2 and even though it's close he wins round 2.Over the next two rounds strategy went out the window and both guys tee off on eachother with both rounds to close to call but Nkate looking worse for wear as his left eye began swelling as the 4th round Closed.The 5th is another blistering round with both guys trading heavy leather and Belcastro being wobbled badly right at the bell.Belcastro is back on his bicycle as the 6th round begins and uses masterful counter punching to easily win the round the first clear cut winner of a round since the 2nd. Both fighters look for a rest in the 7th as both do minimal work another close round to score. The 8th is another uneventful round with Nkate edging it with his work output. Belcastro senses he needs to do something big and comes out for the kill and with 30 seconds down in the round he lands a huge uppercut that drops Nkate.he does his best to end it but his lack of punching power hurts him here. Nkate's left eye is a mess as he round closes. It is now Nkate who comes out looking for the KO but has no such luck as Belcastro easily outbox's him from the outside. The scores were 95-94 96-93 and 96-93 all for the winner Vincenzo Belcastro

Jr Flyweight Rankings

Vincenzo Belcastro 20-0-1-1
Yoko Gushiken 20-0-0-17
Humberto Gonzalez 17-0-0-12
Dodie Boy Penalosa 16-0-0-2
Roy Thompson 16-0-1-3
Flywell Botha 17-0-2-1
Tadashi Tomora 16-0-1-3
German Torres 14-0-0-8
Miguel Angel Lazarte 14-0-2-0
Jung Koo Chang 16-0-0-2

Last edited by Ric915; 02-23-2008 at 01:17 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:26 AM   #13
Ric915
All Star Starter

Flyweight bouts for Jan 86

Francisco Tejedor 0-0-0-0 vs Ricardo Galindo 0-4-0-0

Not the kind of debut Tejedor wanted but he walks away with a draw
even though I felt Galindo won. Scores 39-37 Galindo and 37-37,37-37

Dionisio Bisbal 0-0-0-0 vs Jesus Ramire 0-9-0

Bisbal wa very impressive in his debut pitching a shu out 40-36 on
all three score cards

#11 Yong Kang Kim 17-0-1-4 vs #24 Yul Woo Lee 16-0-1-3

Lee has a huge opening round tagging Kim at will.Both fighters work from the outside and Kim has a much better round countering effectively.In rounds three and four Kim decides to slug it out and is worse for wear as his left eye is noticenly swollen.Kim stays on the inside again in the fifth and has his best round of the fight landing hard lefts and rights. The sixth is huge for Lee as he drops Kim with a perfect right hook for a 9 count, Kim rises but Lee is unable to close the show.A slow 7th as both fighters are looking tired. The left eye of Kim is continuing to swell but Lee edges the round with his work rate.Kim comes out for the final round trying to pull off a mirace and manages to hurt Lee badly and finish the fight with a huge round. The judges scoring 77-74 on all three
cards for Yul Woo Lee

#12 Tae-Shik Kim vs #37 Paul Gonzalez 17-1-0-3

Kim looks very impressive winning the first round quite handily and Gonzalez' left eye is swollen horribly as the round comes to a close. round 2 is better for Gonzalez but still not enought to match Kim who landed some nice vombos. The left eye is really becoming a problem for Gonzalez. The thrid round is pretty uneventful but Kim does enough to win the round.The fourth is huge as Gonzalez is dropped with a flush right hand for a 9 count and to make matters worse Gonzalez' right eye is now swelling.Gonzalez shows tremendous heart as he is dropped again in the fifth. his left eye is practically closed but he is still pressing the action.Gonzalez had a decent round 6 but Kim continues to outland Gonzalez with blistering hooks.Gonzalez is having a good round seven until Kim hits him with a right uppercut that drops Gonzalez again and gamely he rises to his feet. Not enough time in the round for Kim to finish him off.What a final round both guys go for the KO and the first shot Kim lamds drops Gonzalez for a three count he rises only to get dropped again with a hook to the body,amazingly he rises again and manages to rock Kim with 10 seconds left the decision is a fore gone conclusion 80-68 on all three cards Tae-Shik Kim

#5 Alfonso Lopez 19-0-0-3 vs #53 Shoji Oguma 23-1-1-11

Great first round as both guys exchange crisp punches with the edge going to Lopez.In rounds two and three Oguma gets on his bicycle and easily wins the rounds. Round four Lopez bounces back with some great counters and picks up the round. The fifth is evenly fought and too close to call.Ogama wins the sixth with great outside boxing and quick combos.Again the seventh is close as Lopez wins the early part of the round with crisp counterpunches but Oguma takes the last half of the round with incredible combos. In the eight Lopez moves inside and does some great infighting and wins the round. The ninth is fought in the center of the ring with both man landing hard shots. I think Lopez edged it out in the final seconds with a dazzeling combo. Lopez clearly wins the tenth with awesome counterpunching. The decision 95-95, 97-94 Lopez and 95-95 a majority draw. I felt Lopez did enough to pull it out

#8 Hi-Sup Shin 19-0-0-13 vs #21 Koji Kobayashi 14-0-0-4

Should be a great main event. Only problem Kobayashi may face is he is only at pre prime while the harder punching Shin is at prime.Kobayashi chose to trade with Shin which wasn't a good idea as Shin landed some bombs and easily picks up the first round. Kobayashi used the ring more in the second but wasn't able to stay away from Shin as he outlanded Kobayashi to win round two. In the third Kobayashis boxing ability begins to shine as he outclasses Shin to win the third. Shin rebounds in the fourht completely dominating Kobayashi when Kobayashi lands a right hand that opens a cut above Shins right eye. The doc examines it and the round continues.Shin is dominant agian in the fifth and this time he opens a cut over Kobayashi's right eye. The sixth is another big round for Shin as he is able to widen the cut and cause swelling under Kobayashis' right eye the doc examines it and the fight continues.Shin is once again dominating the 7th round when Kobayashi lands a keft right combo that starts the blood flow going again this time the ringside physician stops the bout Koji Kobayshi wins by TKO here in round 7. Shin was up on all three score cards 58-56 twice and 59-55. A rematch is definately in order.

Flyweight Rankings Jan 86

Ignacio Espinal 25-0-1-18
Leo Gamez 20-0-0-16
Tae-Shik Kim 20-0-0-11
Freddy Castillo 19-0-1-6
Gabriel Bernel 19-0-0-12
Dave McAuley 16-0-0-3
Alfonso Lopez 19-0-1-3
Koji Kobayahi 15-0-0-5
Bi-Won Chung 21-0-2-3
Yukito Tamakuma 19-0-1-5
Betulio Gonzalez 16-0-0-9

Last edited by Ric915; 06-15-2008 at 04:05 AM.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:58 PM   #14
Ric915
All Star Starter

Jr Bantomweight bouts for Jan 86

Jose Quirino 0-0-0-0 vs Gustavo Moran 1-5-0-0

Quirino looks good in his debut and easily out boxes Moran
scores 39-38 twice and 40-38

Gilberto Roman 9-0-0-3 vs Ruben DeLaCruz 9-4-2-2

As the first round begins Roman is surprisingly dropped for an 8 count. DeLaCruz lands some more blows but is unable to stop Roman.In the second Roman moves to the outside and oicks DeLaCruz apart. In the third Roman boxes beautifully again and scores a flash knockdown towards the end of the round.Round four and five are pretty uneventful as Roman edges them but the 5th is a two point round for Roman as DeLaCruz is deducted a point for kidney punches.Roman easily wins the sixth with masterful boxing. Roman had an early scare but bounced back nicely score were 58-53 twice and 58-54 all for Gilberto Roman

#3 Alberto Castro 24-0-1-16 vs #28 Ladislao Vasquez 12-4-4-3

The first three rounds go as expected as Castro completely dominates Vasquez in this tune up fight.the fourth is Vasquez' best round as he moves inside and lands some nice punches. over the next 3 rounds both men stand toe to toe with Castro getting the better of it. In the 7th an accidental head butt opens a gash over Castro's right eye. In the eight Castro is trying to end it when a hook reopens the cut and the Doc waves off the fight as it was an accidental head butt they go to the cards.69-64 twice and 68-65 all for the winner by Technical Decision Alberto Castro

#6 Khaosai Galaxy 17-0-0-17 vs #28 Jackal Maruyama 14-2-0-4

As the opening bell rang Maruyama rushed right across the ring and decided to slug with Thai Tyson and he paid quickly as a solid uppercut dropped him for an 8 count. He rose and took some more bombs but managed to survive.In the second it's more of Galaxy punishing Maruyama with bombs.In the third Maruyama is obsorbing Galaxy's punches better and actually wins the round in the toe to toe battle.The fourth is another great action round as both men trade leathe with Galaxy landing the harder punches. As the fifth round begins Maruyama looks like he's getting tired and Galaxy jumps on him and with a perfect right hook to the ribs Maruyama drops to his knees and is counted out. Impressive 5th round stoppage for the Thai Tyson Khaosai Galaxy.

#7 Sugar Baby Rojas 17-0-1-8 vs #34 Edel Geronimo 12-7-2-5

In what is to be a tune up fight for Rojas started as anything but as Geronimo completely outworked Rojas and easily won round 1.The second round is explosive as both guys just stand there and unload on eachother with Rojas getting the better of it. Bet Rojas didn't expect this kind of fight from Geronimo.Geronimo decided to fight from the outside in round three but wasn't a good strategy as rojas was able to land some big shots. Not much action in the fourth as both men seem to take a round off in a pretty evenly fought round.The fifth and sixth are evenly fought with Rojas just edging them with his power shots. Geronimo is breathing heavily as the sixth concludes.Geronimo has a good 7th round landing some nice combos and keeping Rojas off balance.Another strong round for Geronimo as he is looking to end the fight. Rojas goes into a defensive shell and pretty much gives the round away.The ninth is very slow as both fighters are tired and clinch most of the round,no clear cut winner that round. Geronimo wins the 10th with some big bombs again Rojas was in a defensive mode and didn't do enough to win the round. The scores 96-94 Geronimo...96-96...98-96 for Rojas a draw. So much for a tune up
fight.

#10 Jesus Rojas 13-0-2-4 vs #26 Tai-II Chang 13-2-0-1

Chang realizes this is an oppurtunity to move up in the division and takes advantage in the first winning the exchanges.The second and third are evenly fought with both men winning a round apiece.The fourth nd fifth are fought from the outside by both men and again each split the rounds.The sixth is very close as both men land some good shots, Rojas is warned for low blows, tough round to call.Rojas decisively wins the 7th with counterpunching. Chang looks beat as the round ends.Uneventful 8th that Rojas wins with crisp counterpunches.Chang wins the 9th with some big punches that rock Rojas, who is now swelling over the right eye and looks exhausted.A close 10th I feel was won by Rojas who had just a little more steam then Chang. The Scores 96-95...97-94...and 97-95 for the winner by unanimous decison Jesus Rojas

Jr Bantomweight Rankings Jan 86

Armando Castro 23-0-2-19
Willie Jensen 21-0-1-2
Alberto Castro 25-0-1-16
Edgar Omar Moonserrat 22-0-1-9
Khaosai Galaxy 18-0-0-18
Thanomsak Sithbaobay 22-0-0-5
Sugar Baby Rojas 17-0-2-8
Mike Phelps 14-0-0-1
Jesus Rojas 14-0-2-4
Payao Poomtarat 17-1-0-5

Last edited by Ric915; 06-16-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:33 AM   #15
Ric915
All Star Starter

Bantomweight fights Jan 86

Lionel Rose 0-0-0-0 vs Lenny Walwyn 0-4-1-0

Rose looked impressive bocing masterfully winning a unanimous decision by scores of 40-37, 40-36 and 39-37

Israel Contreras 6-0-0-3 vs Martin Diaz 0-5-0-0

Contreras looks spectacular as he jumps all over Diaz dropping him with a right uppercut. Diaz rises and Contreras pours it on landing blow after blow before referree Garcia jumps in to call a halt to the bout at 2:22 of the first round.

#10 Ruben Oliveras 20-0-0-20 vs #23 Juan Francisco Rodriguez 16-0-0-6

In the opening round Oliveres lands some incredible body punches, Rodriguez hardly gets off in the first.Round two is more of the same as Olivares is ripping incredible punches to the body.In the third Olivares continues to work the body and drops Rodriguez with a hook to the ribs.Rodriguez is up at the count of two but the clock runs out on Olivares. Olivares has a big 4th round rocking Rodriguez and hurting him badly but is unable to put him down,Rodriguez lands some nice punches as the round comes to a close.The fifth is incredible as both men stand toe to toe and Rodriguez amazingly gives as good as he receives.Both men stand toe to toe again in the sixth but this time Olivares gets the better of Rodriguez. Olivars comes out strong in the 7th and drops Rodriguez with a perfect left right combo, Rodriguez rises at the count of 5 but is swarmed by Olivares who lands some damaging blows when a right uppercut drops Rodriguez again. Again Rodriguez gets up but Referree Perez Huerta has seen enough and waves it off. Olivares improves to 21-0-0-21

#2 Johnny Carter 24-0-0-10 vs #47 Rodlofo Martinez 10-1-1-9

Carter is looking for a tune up before his inevitable title match.We knew Martinez seemed over matched especially when Carter dropped him with the first hook he landed in round 1. Give Martinez credit he survives the round. The second round is just as bad for Martinez when he is dropped again with a lightening quick straight right at the end of the round, he managed to rise at the count of 8.Round three and four are much the same Carter fighting from the outside and picking Martinez apart after the fourth Martinez has swelling on both eyes and a cut above the right eye which was caused by an accidental head butt. The fifth and sixth are exact replicas of the previous 4 rounds with Carter boxing beatuifully. In the seventh a pictur perfect right cross drops Martinez again as he rises the blood is flowing freely and the ref calls in the doc who calls a halt to the bout and we goto the score cards which are alli in favor of Johnny Carter

#5 Johnny Clark 20-0-0-15 vs Eijiro Murata 17-0-0-6

Murata looks to take advantage of this situation as he drops Clark a minute and a half into the round.Clark rises and is able to fend off Murata for the remainder of the round.In the second Clark rebound nicely rocking Murata with a right hook which forced Murata to retreat and cover up,big round for Clark.The thrid and fourth rounds are split as Murata wins the third by counterpunching masterfully and Clark the fourth by moving inside and landing some brutal power shots.Big fifth for Clark as he can't seem to miss.As the sixth begins Murata looks tired but doesn't fiight like it as he wins the round with sharp precise combos.The seventh is fought more defensively by both fighters but Clark is definately landing the better punches.In the eighth the offense picks up again as both men trade and Clark is definately getting the better of it as he lands some telling blows.In the ninth Murata comes out looking to score a knockout and thirty seconds into the round he deposits Clark on his rear with a solid uppercut. Clark rises at two and proceeds to win the rest of the round. In the tenth Murata does not seem to have enough energy as he didn't seem to throw a punch and Clark easily wins the round. The scorecards read 94-94 on all three score cards a draw. seems out of line as Clark outlanded Murata 296-163 ah well damn judges

#7 Cardenio Ulloa 22-0-0-18 vs #27 Greg Richardson 16-0-0-0

In a classic battle of Boxer vs slugger Richardson uses all the ring to outbox Ulloa in the first.Ulloa has a better second round as he is able to get inside on Richardson and trap him along the ropes and land some nice punches.In the third Richardson stays in the middle of the ring and lands some nice combos causing a cut above Ulloa's right eye.The fourth is pretty even but Ulloa rocked Richardson right at the bell.The fifth is another close round do you like the boxer or the heavy handed Ulloa close round to score.Richardson wins the sixth with some awesome counterpunching and reopens the cut for the first time since the 3rd round.As the seventh starts Ulloa looks tired early in the round a jab opens the cut and the ref has the doc check it and he allows the fight to continue another big round for Richardson.As the eighth begins Ricardson looks fresher both men do battle inside and again Richardson opens the cut and this time the Doc stops the fight Richardson scores his first knockout and defeats the number 7 Bantomweight in the world impressive showing.

Bantomweight Rankings Jan 86

Roberto Rubaldino 26-0-0-24
Johnny Carter 25-0-0-10
Chan-Yong Park 26-0-0-10
Ruben Olivares 21-0-0-21
Johnny Clark 20-0-1-15
Franco Zurlo 20-0-0-4
Paul Ferrari 21-0-1-3
Carlos Zarate 21-0-0-21
Alfonso Zamora 22-0-0-22
Nana Konadu 17-0-0-11

Last edited by Ric915; 02-23-2008 at 01:22 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:40 PM   #16
Ric915
All Star Starter

Jr Featherweight bouts Jan 86

Jae-Won Choi 0-0-0-0 vs Masuhiro Okamoto 1-3-1-1

In a stunner Choi is defeated in his debut by scores of 40-38 Okamoto, 39-38 Choi(feel this was the right score) and 39-38 Okamoto. Tough loss in the oener for Choi maybe next time he won't fight in his opponents home town

Royal Kobayashi 6-0-0-6 vs #37 Little Bangoyan 10-3-1-2

Kobayashi steps up in competition in this bout. This is a pretty one sided affair as Kobayashi pretty much Outlands Bangoyan with a huge round in the second and a bigger round in the fifth when he actually had Bangoyan in trouble. Bangoyan had a decent sixth as we go to the score cards. The score cards read 58-56 twice and 60-54 all in favor of Royal Kobayashi

#11 Ricardo Cardona 17-0-0-5 vs #29 Pedro Decima 18-1-0-12

This looks to be a good fight as we have the Boxer Cardona against the slugger Decima. Cardona is looking to impress to keep his title hope alive but picked a tough opponent in Decima.
What a great first round both fighters employ their strategies and both land some bombs. Very close round to score.A huge second round for Decima as Cardona don't land a punch and Decima beats him from pillar to post.Cardona has a better third fighting from the outside pot shotting Decima who continues to come forward.The fourth is huge for Decima as he puts up a 32 spot and never actually hurt Cardona.Cardona is showing he can take a shot but not much more at that pace.The fifth is evenly fought as neither man takes charge of the round.Again in the sixth Decima pummels Cardona but Cardona withstands the punishment, Cardona's right eye is swelling as the round ends.Decima has another good round in the seventh as he continues to land haymakers on Cardona but again Cardona absorbs it.In the final round Decima is actually able to drop Cardona with a hook but Cardona rises at the count of 1 and survives the final round. Score cards read 78-71 teice and 78-72 all for the winner Pedro Decima!!!

#5 Victor Callajes 17-0-0-16 vs #30 Kiyoshi Hatanaka 15-1-0-14

Suffice it to say I'm expecting a slugfest.As expected both men stand toe to toe forget a feeling out process both fighters exchange hard punches, first round is pretty close.Callajes has a big second round as he stuns Hatnaka and pours it on but is unabe to do further damage.Hatanaka has a better third round as he stays on the outside and easily outboxes the charging Callajes.The constant back and fourth action continues in the fourth as Callajes wins the early part of the round with bombs and Hatanaka the last half of the round with brilliant counter punching, Callajes pulls out the round.The fifth starts really well for Callajes as he is teeing off on Hatanaka until he ducks into a right uppercut that floors him. He rises at six and Hatanaka tries to end it but Callajes defensive skills appear and he survives the round.Both men come out going inside and Callajes lands a brutal hook that drops Hatanaka, with 1:55 left in the round Callajes has plenty of time to end it but Hatanaka is able to withstand the onslaught and get his legs back under him by the end of the round.Both men stand inside again in the seventh and again it's a bad idea as Callajes gets the better of it dropping Hatanaka again this time for an 8 count, but with only seconds left in the round Callajes can not follow up.Both men come out looking for the kill and a well placed Callajes hook drops Hatanaka for another 8 count. Callajes pours it on and one more hook drops Hatanaka this time for the full 10 count. Great fight

#8 Jesse Benavides 17-0-1-14 vs #35 Derrik Holmes 10-3-0-4

Bemevidas looking for a tune up before his title bout.Pretty even first round with it going to Benavides with his power shots.The second and third are just like the first with Benavides edging Holmes out with the harder punches. Holmes has his best round of the fight clearly out boxing Benavides.The fifth is a big round for Holmes as he just pastes Benavides with rights and lefts.Holmes out boxes Benavides again in the 6th. Benavides better pick it up if he wants to keep that title fight lined up.What a great round both guys go toe to toe and land some leather another close round.The eighth starts with both men going at eachother once againa and a perfect one two from Benavides drops Holmes to the Canvas, He rises at 8 and is able to stay out of harms way for the remainder of the round.The 9th is another big tound for Benavides as he is able to drop Holmes again this time for a three count but is again unable to finish him.Both men look exhausted as the tenth and final round begin, both go toe to toe one more time and Benavides is the fresher of the two landing some big shots. Both men embrace as the final bell rings. The score cards read 98-90, 97-92 and 95-93 all for the winner Jesse Benavides.

#6 Hiroaki Yokota 20-0-1-4 vs #34 Jose Cervantes 14-3-1-4

Yokota looking to stay in shape before his title bid later this year.Yokoto looked impressive in the first as the boxer stayed flat footed and landed some impressive shots on Cervantes.round two is a pretty even round as neither fighter really stands out.A huge round three for Yokota as he again stands in there and lands brutal power shots.Not much to choose from in the fourth, pretty boring.Both men tee off on eachother in the fifth with no clear cut winner.The first clear cut winner of a round since the third geoes to Yokota as he boxes masterfully.The seventh is another slow paced round with no decisive winner these score cards should be interesting.Yokoto has a big round 9 tagging Cervantes with rights and lefts and opening a gash over the right eye of Cervantes. The doc examined it and has allowed the fight to continue.As the 9th round begins Yokota lands three strong jabs reopening the cut,the doc once again allows the fight to continue but a few minutes latter the cut has worsened and the doc calls an end to the bout at 1:44 of tound 9. Yokota looked uninspired maybe because of who he was facing but if he wants a title he better fight alot better.

Jr Featherweight Rankings Jan 86

Fabrice Benichou 20-0-0-11
Jaime Garza 21-0-0-19
Victor Callejas 18-0-0-17
Hiroaki Yokota 21-0-1-5
Jesse Benavides 18-0-1-14
Jeff Fenech 16-0-0-15
Juan Estrada 19-0-0-11
Valerio Nati 20-1-1-4
Soo-Hwan Hong 17-0-0-0
Loris Stecca 14-0-0-10

Last edited by Ric915; 02-23-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:14 AM   #17
Ric915
All Star Starter

Featherweight fights for Jan 86

Yong-Kyun Park 0-0-0-0 vs Tekle-Ab Suji 2-2-0-0

After a shakey first Park settles in and cruise to amajority decision victory by scores of 39-37 twice and 38-38

Paul Hodkinson 0-0-0-0 vs Mark Waring 0-4-0-0

Talk about spectacular Hodkinson comes out and lands a sizzeling left hook and puts Warring to bed at 1:42 of the first round. What a punch

#14 Robert Castanon 26-1-0-22 vs #29 Alan Richardson 15-1-1-4

The handspeed of Richardson is evident as the round begins and he is landing fast combos, about a minute into the round Richardson is cut and he seems bothered as Castanon takes over the round from that point on.Huge second round for Castanon as he hammers Richardson. Richardson's corner did a good job on the cut as it didn't reopen.Third is pretty uneventful as Castanon wins the round with his work rate. Another big round for Castanon as he gets inside of Richardsons jab and does some good work, for the first time since the first round blood is flowing from the cut but it doesn't seem to be a problem. Much of the same in the fifth Castanon just out working Richardson who is bleeding again by rounds end but again it doesn't seem to be a problem. The sixth and seventh continue as the previous five rounds. Doc examines cut in the seventh and the fight continues. The last round is the same as the previous seven. Once Richardson was cut back in the first this fight completely turned around. The scores 79-73 twice and 80-72 all for the winner Robert Castanon

#10 Bobby Chacon 18-0-0-17 vs #22 Calvin Grove 12-0-2-3

Grove comes out boxing and is peppering Chacon from the outside and with 45 seconds left in the round Grove hurts Chacon with a straight right and finishes the round strong,big opening round for Grove.Chacon returns the favor in round two landing some heavy leather and wins the round big.Round three is fought at a slower pace and Chacon picks up the round with his power shots.Both fighters are trading in the center of the ring when Chacon beats Grove to the punch with a sharp uppercut that deposits Grove on the seat of his pants, he rises at 8 and gets on his bicycle and stays away from Chacon. Grove rebounds well from the knockdown but Chacon edges him again in the fifth.Both men look tired as the sixth round begins. Both men trade heavy shots why Grove is slugging with Chacon I'll never know 2:30 seconds into the round Chacon lands another brutal uppercut and Grove is counted out. With the exception of the opening round Chacon looks good.

#13 Frankie Crawford 20-0-0-2 vs #35 Danny "Little Red" Lopez 21-1-0-21

A pre prime Lopez is looking to rebound from a stoppage on cuts in his last fight and looks to take a big step up in competition against a prime Irish Frankie Crawford. Lopez looks a little soft around the middle could be a long night. The first is evenly fought a classic feeling out round with no decisive winner. Both men mix it up from the outside and this style seems to suit Crawford better as he easily wins the round. Again both men stand at long range and Crawfords hand speed is making a world of difference as he is peppering Lopez another round for Crawford. Lopez has a big fourth as he is able to get inside and bang on Crawford at one point Crawford smiles at Danny as Danny lands a big hook. Another good round for Lopez as he continues to get inside and land some telling blows on Crawford who hasn't been able to keep Lopez off him the last few rounds. Crawford has a good sixth as Lopez is starting to look tired, Crawford is able to counter punch effectively and wins the round. What a round the 7th is as both men look weary they both stand toe to toe and land some huge shots as the bell rounds both men are still trading and the ref has to get between them, to close a round to call. Crawford has a strong round eight as Lopez is looking tired and cannot match Crawfords work rate.In the ninth Lopez just looks tired and slow as he is unable to reach Crawford and Crawford is lighting up Lopez if he had some power Lopez would probably have been out of there by now. Crawford seems to think he has the fight won and pretty much gives the round to Lopez as he did nothing. The score cards read 96-94 Crawford, 95-95 and 96-94 Lopez a draw. I think Lopez got a gift here he better come in fighting form next time or he may not be so lucky.

#11 Juan Domingo Malvarez 19-0-0-16 vs #32 Hilbert Aragon 14-4-0-1

Big first round for Malvarez as he drops Aragon with the first punch he hits him with. Aragon is up at three and dances out of harms way for the remainder of the round. Aragon takes a horrendous beating in the second. Hopefully he doesn't get hurt bad. More of the same in the third, ref was close to stopping it, don't know why he didn't. Aragon takes another terrible beating in the fourth the crowd was screaming for the ref to stop it and before he could Malvarez landed a hook that had Aragon out before he hit the ground. impressive showing against an out classed opponent. Can't wait to see him fight someone of a better caliber

Featherweight Rankings Jan 86

Antonio Gomez 32-0-0-7
Davey Kotey 20-0-1-14
Juan Laporte 19-0-0-18
Antonio Esparragoza 26-0-0-23
Min-Koun Oh 25-0-0-7
Bobby Chacon 19-0-0-18
Daniel Vermandere 21-0-0-2
Juan Domingo Malvarez 20-0-0-17
Billy Hardy 18-0-0-3
Pat Cowdell 19-0-0-15

Last edited by Ric915; 02-23-2008 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:32 PM   #18
Ric915
All Star Starter

Jr Lightweight bout Jan 86

Domenico Chiloiro 0-0-0-0 vs Roberto Trevino 0-6-0-0

Pretty evenly fought bout. Chiloiro struggles in his debut scores 39-39 across the board

Alfredo Layne 6-2-0-5 vs Lindsay Davis 0-3-2-0

Layne looks to get his career back on track after being stopped in five in his last bout.Layne starts out strong bangin heavy blows off the chin of Davis hurting him badly as the round ends. The second is evenly fought as both men have their moments no clear cut winner this round. Layne has a strong third as he gets inside and pummels Davis. Davis left eye is swelling badly as the round closes. As the 4th round starts Davis looks tired, the swelling is having an effect as Layne lands repeated right hands. Layne is having another strong round in the fifth when he drops Davis for a two count, Davis rises and is hit with some more solid shots but is able to take them. Pretty good closing round as both guys mix it up with both landing some nice shots. The score Cards read 58-55 twice and 57-56 for the winner Alfredo Layne

#9 Kamel Bou Ali 18-0-1-10 vs #17 Tracey Harris Patterson 19-0-0-14

With a victory Ali could get into title contention and a PAtterson victory may propel him into the title mix. Both fighters look to be in incredible shape as the first round begins. What a great first round as both fighters mix it up, it was pretty even until late in the round when Ali landed some big shots. Patterson stays outside in the second and wins the round with quick combos.Patterson moves inside again in the third and this seems to benefit Ali as he is able to connect with some great shots as both men go toe to toe. What a fourth round both men take turns teeing off on eachother and with 30 seconds to go in the round Patterson shakes Ali with a right left right salvo. As the fifth begins Ali looks fatigued, and Patterson takes advantage of it landing quick combos and bone shattering hooks. A big sixth for Patterson as he boxes beautifully just picking. Ali apart from the outside. Patterson wants to box in the seventh but doesn't seem to have the legs for it, so he stood and slugged and pummelled Ali in the seventh. As the last round begins Ali looks like he may need a knockout. Ali tries his darndest but he is just to slow as Patterson counters everything he throws. To the score cards 78-74 twice and 77-76 huh?..all for the winner Tracey Harris Patterson.

#8 Carmelo Negron 22-0-0-19 vs #24 Kuniaki Shibata 16-0-0-6

Both fighters are in top form as the bout gets under way. Pretty even opening round. Do you like the boxer? or the heavy handed slugger? tough round to call. A more decisive round for Negron as he is able to get Shibata on the ropes and rip some heavy shots. Shibata wins the third as he looks quicker landing the much cleaner blows.Shibata is having another good round when Negron connects to the temple and drops Shibata, I didn't think Shibata was gonna make it up but he got up at the count of nine. Not enough time in the round for Negron to follow up. Both men stand toe to toe and mix it up in the fifth with the edge going to Negron. Both men stand toe to toe again in the sixth and Shibata pays for it he is hurt badly by a straight right and is getting hammered on the ropes when the ref jumps in to save him Carmelo Negron with an impressive 6th round TKO

#10 Svein Erik Paulsen 20-0-0-4 vs #31 Rodolfo Sanchez 14-0-0-1

Both men in top shape as the fight begins. A very boring round until the light hitting Sanchez drops Paulsen with an overhand right for an eight count. Paulsen survives the first. In the second Paulsen fights offensively from the outside and has a huge round as Sanchez can't land a punch. Paulsen pulls even in the fight with another masterful boxing performance, when he stays outside he is a different fighter. Paulsen stands more flat footed in the fourth and wins another round as Sanchez just doesn't seem to be getting off. Paulsen is back outside as the fifth begins and easily wins another round as Sanchez just isn't throwing punches I think his trainer Tommy Gallagher is gonna have a stroke if he yells any louder at Sanchez. Sanchez can't win for losing he finally throws punches in the sixth and gets countered on practically all of them. Stop the presses Sanchez may have won a round in the seventh. Paulsen wins the eight with his superior boxing skills or because of Martinez' lack there of. Both men mix it up in the ninth and Paulsen just edges Sanchez with his work rate. Sanchez finally has a big round as Paulsen chose to cover up and take the decision. The scores 97-93, 97-92 and 96-93 all for the winner Svein Erik Paulsen

#4 Azumah Nelson 20-0-0-19 vs #22 Genero Hernandez 18-0-0-9

Both men look to be in incredible shape as the bout is about to begin. Pretty good first round as both men have there moments edge to Hernandez with his footwork and quickness. Nelson wins the second as Hernandez is to defensive minded and don't open up enough after tasting Nelsons power early in the round. Good action in the third that Nelson pulls out with his harder punches.Another good round that I feel Nelson won with the cleaner blows. The fifth is a better round for Hernandez as he stays outside and cleverly boxes the charging Nelson. A minute into the sixth Hernandez is looking tired and is having trouble keeping Nelson off him, Two minutes into the round Nelson lands a right hook that drops Hernandez, No need for a count but the ref does it anyway and Hernandez is counted out at 2:07 of the sixth round. Impressive showing by Nelson

Jr Lightweight Rankings Jan 86

Julio Cesar Chavez 26-0-0-26
Ben Villaflor 27-0-0-20
Azumah Nelson 21-0-0-20
Carmelo Negron 23-0-0-20
Saleman Itti-Aanuchit 22-0-0-13
Alexis Arguello 20-0-0-19
Johnny Sato 25-0-0-7
Cornelius Boza Edwards 20-0-0-17
Svein Erik Paulsen 21-0-0-4
Tracey Harris Patterson 20-0-0-14

Last edited by Ric915; 02-23-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:30 PM   #19
Ric915
All Star Starter

Lightweight bouts Jan 86

Carlos Uribe 0-0-0-0 vs Jose Solis 0-3-0-0

Decent debut very workman like performance Uribe wins with scores of 40-37 twice and 39-38

Jaguar Kakizawa 8--1-0-1 vs Shuzo Kobayashi 0-9-0-0

Huge first round for Kakizawa as he tees off in Kobaysji who's right eye already shows some major swelling. Much of the same in the second and third round as Kakizawa is just two quick for Kobayashi. The right eye is slowly getting worse. Kobayashi has a good round as Kakizawa seems to have taken a round off. The fifth looks just like the first three rounds Kakizawa just flat out outboxes Kobayashi. Pretty uneventful final round which is even in my book. To the scorecards. 58-56 on all three cards for the winner by unanimous decision Jaguar Kakizawa

#13 Francisco Alvarez 18-0-0-9 vs #36 Edwin Viruet 17-0-0-2

Both of these pre prime fighters appear to be in great shape as this 8 rounder is about to begin.Very exciting and even first as both men have landed some good shots. Alvarez sticks to the outside in round two and has a big advantage landing some blistering combos,Viruet can't seem to catch Alvarez. Alvarez chooses to fight inside in the third and Viruet has a better round out landing Alvarez 3-1 on the inside exhanges good round for Viruet. A pretty even fourth as both men land some decent shots, Viruet is warned for using his shoulders on the inside. Pretty uneventful fifth that Alvarez seemed to get the better of as the round closes Viruet seems to look unsteady on his feet. Alvarez seems the fresher of the two as the sixth begins and he has another good round as Viruet just didn't punch enough. Pretty slow seventh round Viruet wins as Alvarez looked to be saving his energy for the last round. The eigth is horrible as neither man seems to want to win this fight as all they did was clinch. Score Cards read. 78-74 Viruet, 77-76 Alvarez and 77-75 for the winner by split decision Edwin Viruet..

#13 Vinny Pazienza 19-0-0-12 vs #26 Esteban DeJesus 14-0-0-9

Both of these pre prime boxers are in great shape as this 10 rounder is about to begin. DeJesus wins the round with more clean shots, Pazienza has his moments but not enough of them. Very exciting second round as both men stand and trade but again DeJesus is getting the better of it. Pazienza has a huge third round as he drops DeJesus for an eight count and as DeJesus rises there is a huge gash noticeable under the right eye. DeJesus rebounds nicely in the fourth landing some clean shots, Lenny DeJesus did a great job on the cut as it remains closed.Pretty uneventful fifth only action is DeJesus is deducted a point for low blows really odd as it is the first warning, again no bleeding from the cut. Another round for DeJesus as Pazienza just can't seem to land anything. Put the seventh in the bank for DeJesus as he masterfully counters Vinny the whole round. Pretty slow eighth round as PAzzienza is deducted a point for using his shoulder again on the first warning damn this ref don't play. Pretty dull ninth that I think Pazienza edges. DeJesus wins another dull round and probably the fight. The score cards read 96-92 twice and 95-92 all for the winner by unanimous decision Esteban DeJesus. He can thanks his cutman Lenny DeJesus for this victory as the gash was never opened through the final seven rounds.

#3 Jim Watt 21-0-0-19 vs #35 Joey Gibilisco 13-0-1-9

Both fighters are in great shape for this 10 rounder. Good opening round for Watt as he tattoos Gibilisco with rights and lefts, Gibilisco is showing swelling over the left eye already. An even second as both man land some big shots. Gibilisco is standing his ground. Watt has a strong third round as he is able to paste Gibilisco with some strong hooks. Another big round for Watt. The swelling is playing a paart in this fight as Gibilisco can't see those shots coming. Another big round for Watt, they really should consider stopping this fight before Gibilisco gets hurt. Another round for Watt but not as decisive as the previous rounds. Gibilisco has his best round of the fight but it's still not enough to win the round. Pretty slow eighth round as Watt has a point deducted for leaning on the neck of Gibilisco. Another big round for Watt and with twenty seconds left in the round he shakes Gibilisco badly. Watt is content to win a decision and fights a lack luster tenth round. to the score cards. 97-93 twice and 98-92 all for the winner by unanimous decision Jim Watt

#12 Edwin Rosario 29-1-0-27 vs # 27 Ruben Navarro 16-0-0-2

A Pre Prime Navarro will have his hands full with a Prime Edwin Rosario. Both men are in top shape as this 10 rounder is set to begin. Navarro is looking to take advantage of this situation and has a great first round just peppering Rosario. Rosario bounces back in the second and is able to land some big shots even rattling Navarro at the bell. Navarro has a good third as he is swelling up Rosarios right eye. A back and fourth battle as Rosario wins the fourth big. The fifth round stunk as only 1 punch was landed between both fighters and that was by Navarro. Very close sixth round as both men trade leather. Another close round do you like the number of punches landed or the strength behind them. Glad I'm not scoring this one. Rosario has an outstanding round eight as he blasts Navarro. Another huge round as two minutes in Navarro is dropped by a straight right he rises at the count of eight only to be dropped again by a right cross again he rises and the bell rings to save him from further punishment. Rosario has another huge round as he hurts Navarro early and pummels Navarro for the remainder of the round. Give Navarro credit he remained upright. To the Scorecards. 97-93 on all three cards for the winner by unanimous decision Edwin Rosario

Lightweight Rankings Jan 86

Livingstone Bramble 24-0-0-10
Jim Watt 22-0-0-19
Jeff White 25-1-1-15
Jimmy Paul 22-0-0-17
Edwin Rosario 30-1-0-27
Ould Makloufi 18-0-0-8
Ray Mancini 21-0-0-19
Amado Cabato 21-1-0-15
Deuk-Koo Kim 17-0-0-8
Sean O'Grady 21-0-0-18
Woo Hoo my 500th Post

Last edited by Ric915; 02-27-2008 at 01:17 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:17 AM   #20
Ric915
All Star Starter

Jr Welterweight bouts Jan 86

Rafael Pineda 0-0-0-0 vs Claudio Hinojosa 2-3-0-2

Pineda with a great debut. Scores a knockdown in the third on the way to a unanimous decision. Only drawback for Pineda was he sustained a gash under the right eye that should put him on the shelf for a while. Scores were 40-35 twice and 39-36.

Joao Henrique 0-0-0-0 vs Antonio Arias 0-3-0-0

Decent debut for Henrique nothing spectacular the score 39-37 on all three cards.

#10 Hugo Hernandez 19-1-2-8 vs Martin Beni 14-1-0-9

Both fighters are in excellent shape as we are set to begin this 8 rounder. So much for a feeling out round both men land some heavy blows in the first with the edge going to Hernandez who is warned for hitting after the bell. Hernandez has a very good second round as he seems the quicker of the two. Beni evens up the fight in the third as a straight right deops Hernandez for a 4 count. Beni isn't able to finish off Hernandez who was actually firing back as the round came to a close. Hernandez revounds nicely in the fourth as both men trade heavy shots but Hernandez' are cleaner and heavier. Close fifth round which may goto Hernandez by a two point margin as Beni has a point deducted for a low blow. Another close round in the sixth, Hernandez again seems to have the edge but sustains a cut over the right eye. The seventh is a good round for Hernandez, Beni is fighting good just being outworked by Hernandez. The eighth is close edge going to Beni. The score cards read 77-73 twice and 76-74 for the winner by unanimous decision Hugo Hernandez.

#13 Frankie Randall 16-0-0-14 vs Hector "Torero" Lopez 20-1-0-18

Both of these Pre Prime sluggers are in top shape as this 8 roinder is set to begin. Lopez has a good opening round and is able to out work Randall and win the round. Randall has a monster second round as he is landing everything he throws including some major bombs. Great third as both men have their moments, Lopez seemed to be getting the better of it until a minute left in the round when Randall stormed back and may have pulled even in the eyes of the judges. Randall picks up in the fourth were he left off landing some huge punches and drops Lopez for a three count but is unable to follow up. Randall is having another huge round when he walks into a Lopez hook and is dropped for an 8 count, didn't think he was gonna make it up. Both fighters look tired as the round concludes. Both men trade inside in the sixth and Randall rebounds nicely from the knockdown and wins the round convincingly. What a seventh round both men literally go back and fourth landing a punch apiece for a minute. To close a round to call. Randall has huge tenth as both men come out looking for the knockout and Randall is the first to land a bomb and drop Lopez for a nine count Lopez rises and Randall unloads on him but is unable to stop him. To the score cards we go. 77-71, 78-71 and 77-73 all for the winner by unanimous decision Frankie Randall. Lopez has nothing to be ashamed of fought a hell of a fight.

#3 Guillermo Mosquera 19-0-0-12 vx #23 Mzandwile Biyana 12-0-0-1

Mosquera the slugger and Biyana the boxer are both in incredible shape as this 10 rounder is set to begin. Pretty even first Biyana was winning it easily until thirty seconds left in the round and Mosquera landed some big shots. Mosquera has a big second round as he lands some impressive shots on the jaw of Biyana who stands upto them nicely. Biyanas chin betrays him in the third as he is dropped by a left right salvo. He rises at the count of four and dances away for the rest of the round. Biyana was having a decent fourth when he is dropped again by a right hook, this time he takes an eight count but with only seconds left in the round Mosquera can do no more damage. In the fifth Biyana fights from the outside and has a good round as Mosquera can't seem to find his timing. As the sixth round begins Biyana looks fatigued. Mosquera has a good sixth round as he is able to get inside on Biyana and land some clean blows that have started Biyana's left eye swelling. The seventh is pretty close and I feel Biyana won the round. As the eighth round begins Mosquera goes after Biyana and with a powerful combo drops him for a four count, Biyana is dropped again by a solid right to the temple and rises again at the count of four, this kids got heart, but there is too much time left in the round and Mosquera is all over him, one more solid right drops Biyana for the third time and the bout is stopped. Great win for Mosquera.

#4 Akio Kameda 21-0-0-17 vs #17 Tsuyoshi Hamada 17-1-0-12

Both sluggers are prime and in top form as this 10 rounder is set to begin. Kameda has a strong first round staggering Hamada late in the round. decent second round that Hamada wins with more blows landed and just not enough work by Kameda. Good round by Hamada as again he is just out working Kameda, Hamada is warned for low blows. Kameda with a strong fourth as he is again able to rock Hamada. This round it is Kameda warned for low blows. Pretty even fifth as both man land heavy blows. Both men stand toe to toe and slug it out and Hamada is getting the better of Kameda. Hamada is warned again this time for leaning on the nieck of Kameda. Both fighters look winded as the seventh round begins but that doesn't stop them from going toe to toe again what a round as both men are just teeing off,again the advantage to Hamada. In the eighth round they stand toe to toe again and are landing haymakers on eachother, Hamada wins this round and Kameda is showing major swelling over the left eye as the round concludes. In the ninth Hamada is finally able to put a dent in Kameda's armour as he rocks Kameda badly towards the end of the round. Tenth round should be a barn burner. Both mean are going all out for the ko in the tenth and even though Hamada lands some bombs he is unable to drop or even hurt Kameda but has definately done enought to pull out the victory. The score cards read 99-93, 98-92 and 99-92 all for the winner by unanimous decision Tsuyoshi Hamada.

Jr Welterweight Rankings Jan 86

Hector Thompson 23-1-0-8
Guillermo Mosquera 20-0-0-13
John Meekins 23-0-1-3
Jo Kimpuani 15-0-0-10
Johnny Bumphus 18-0-0-17
Frankie Randall 17-0-0-14
Hugo Hernandez 20-1-2-8
Terry Marsh 16-0-2-0
Bruce Curry 23-1-2-13
Tsuyoshi Hamada 18-1-0-12

Last edited by Ric915; 02-23-2008 at 01:30 PM.