Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 23 > Perfect Team 23
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 23 Perfect Team 23 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 10-25-2022, 09:21 PM   #1
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Topps Bunt cards are NOT Historical

Come on, guys. When I spend 10k to get a historical pack, I expect historical cards, i.e. NOT cards from 2022. This is a fail.

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 09:55 PM   #2
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Really? Seems like a 10-14k sale to me. Easy money...
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.—Thomas Sowell
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 08:47 AM   #3
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

They are more like a glorified live card than anything else, though. Could have been rare replacements for the overly-numerous live cards. A bit like LE 100s being a rare replacement for a non-live diamond pull.
Tinkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 09:22 AM   #4
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Whether I can flip it or not is irrelevant. It's not a historical card.
revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 11:47 AM   #5
Fabtron7
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmcgator View Post
"Historical" and "Live" cards only really refer to the pull rates, with is a 3 to 1 ratio of Live cards to historicals. Anything that isn't a live series cards is considered historical.

Also for the price you can sell that TOPPS card for you can buy a handful of truly useless and cheap historical cards, so win-win!
Old 10-26-2022, 01:29 PM   #6
HondoLane
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabtron7 View Post
"Historical" and "Live" cards only really refer to the pull rates, with is a 3 to 1 ratio of Live cards to historicals. Anything that isn't a live series cards is considered historical.

Also for the price you can sell that TOPPS card for you can buy a handful of truly useless and cheap historical cards, so win-win!
This thread cracked me up. I'm over here pulling thousands of packs on the hunt for Topps Bunt cards, and this guy is unhappy with pulling one

It's not just about being a high value pull, either. For lowD and highD tourneys, and a few of the golds, some of these are the best cards in the entire game for their position/level. All the top cards are OOTP Era tourney killers.

This complaint works a LOT better for Future Legends. They are not 'historical,' technically, and they are entirely unusable. For Topps Bunt the complaint falls flat on every level: they are worth more and perform better than normal historical cards.
HondoLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 02:38 PM   #7
Magus978
All Star Starter

They're still non-live. I don't mind them being in historical packs. Were the live POTM cards available in historical packs last game? If so, then it makes enough sense for me.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 05:07 PM   #8
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Makes no sense to me that they are Historical. Period. Every other 2022 player is "LIVE" and so are the Topps cards.
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 06:01 PM   #9
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmcgator View Post

Exactly. Anybody who needs an explanation as to why someone would want to get what they paid for, probably doesn't care that much about it, and doesn't want it explained. That's fine for them, but if one pays for an historical pack, that is what one should get. Anything else is a(nother) fail.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 06:54 PM   #10
HondoLane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Exactly. Anybody who needs an explanation as to why someone would want to get what they paid for, probably doesn't care that much about it, and doesn't want it explained. That's fine for them, but if one pays for an historical pack, that is what one should get. Anything else is a(nother) fail.
What I'm hearing...

"Darn it! This isn't a historical gold! Now I have to MAKE 5K profit and buy another historical pack! AHHGHGSEFDSGJSGSG!"

You spend 10K and you get a card worth 15K... the solution is so obvious it's comical, right? I mean, sell the card you're unhappy about getting for a nice PROFIT and buy another historical pack. You're very unlikely to be lucky enough to pull another Topps card, but if you were, rinse and repeat. Talk about making a problem out of nothing
Old 10-26-2022, 08:42 PM   #11
Fabtron7
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondoLane View Post
What I'm hearing...

"Darn it! This isn't a historical gold! Now I have to MAKE 5K profit and buy another historical pack! AHHGHGSEFDSGJSGSG!"

You spend 10K and you get a card worth 15K... the solution is so obvious it's comical, right? I mean, sell the card you're unhappy about getting for a nice PROFIT and buy another historical pack. You're very unlikely to be lucky enough to pull another Topps card, but if you were, rinse and repeat. Talk about making a problem out of nothing
This is obviously just someone's hill to die on.
Old 10-26-2022, 09:07 PM   #12
HondoLane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabtron7 View Post
This is obviously just someone's hill to die on.
LOL, true.
Old 10-26-2022, 09:21 PM   #13
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Today is a good day to die.
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.—Thomas Sowell
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 10:24 PM   #14
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondoLane View Post
What I'm hearing...

The issue isn't monetary. The issue is do the definitions used in the game mean anything ? The pack isn't called "Historic plus some Topps BUNT cards". A pack defined as historical cards should have ONLY players that have retired. It just seems to me totally wrong to start mixing packs with cards that are not part of the definition. Why not distribute "Future Legends" in the Historical packs if it doesn't matter ?

Maybe I'm one of the few that feels this way, but it just seems wrong to me.

Last edited by HRBaker; 10-26-2022 at 10:25 PM.
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 11:10 PM   #15
Olinorth
Bat Boy

Do the cards stats change based on player performance?

Yes? Then it's Live

No? Then it's not live. It's a card with static stats based on some past period of the player's career.

Oxford definition of Historical: of or concerning history; concerning past events.

Is it what I imagine when I think about a "Historical" baseball card? No

but it's technically correct, the best kind of correct.
Olinorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 12:15 AM   #16
HondoLane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
The issue isn't monetary. The issue is do the definitions used in the game mean anything ? The pack isn't called "Historic plus some Topps BUNT cards". A pack defined as historical cards should have ONLY players that have retired. It just seems to me totally wrong to start mixing packs with cards that are not part of the definition. Why not distribute "Future Legends" in the Historical packs if it doesn't matter ?

Maybe I'm one of the few that feels this way, but it just seems wrong to me.
Future Legends are in historical packs.... have been for three years at least, I believe. 'Historical' packs have always been 'Non-live' packs. You could pull the POTM cards in historical packs in previous years also. I do understand where you're coming from if it's a surprise to you; I guess I've just known for a couple years that the current year non-live cards were also in the historical packs.
Old 10-27-2022, 12:16 AM   #17
HondoLane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olinorth View Post

Yes? Then it's Live

No? Then it's not live. It's a card with static stats based on some past period of the player's career.

Oxford definition of Historical: of or concerning history; concerning past events.

This was a pretty great response. Cheers
Old 10-27-2022, 05:05 AM   #18
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

Quote:
Does anyone know where the Topps cards get their stats from?

Last edited by Tinkerman; 10-27-2022 at 05:06 AM.
Tinkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 05:47 AM   #19
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Yes? Then it's Live

Well then, technically, all the cards are historical, now that the season is over.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 07:32 AM   #20
Fabtron7
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Well then, technically, all the cards are historical, now that the season is over.
There you go... if you're going to be mad about something it's that EVERY pack should be called a historical pack.

Viva La Revolution!