Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-28-2019, 10:24 PM   #1
BarryB1124
Minors (Single A)

Lots of infield hits with infield in

I've been playing games pitch by pitch for a whole season and I've seen a lot of infield hits with the infield in. It happens almost every time there's a grounder hit to a fielder.
BarryB1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:47 AM   #2
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB1124 View Post
I've been playing games pitch by pitch for a whole season and I've seen a lot of infield hits with the infield in. It happens almost every time there's a grounder hit to a fielder.

If ya caught me last month I would have said you might have a case, but since then I've seen much more "typical" results with the infield drawn in.

Look, with OOTP, it always seems to even out. Every time I see something consistently weird, I say, "AH HA! I've got them now!" but when I go back and look at league totals, or when I hold my nose and watch "real" baseball, I see the same "weird" things, or I see what I thought was a error in OOTP happen consistently in real life.

Also, sometimes, the described outcome in OOTP may not accurately represent what the actual statistical outcome of a play is in certain situations. (If this makes sense) This could especially be the case if playing in 3D. It's sort of like a "line drive in the box score". Again, when you add all things up, in the end OOTP gets it pretty much right. Its tough to argue.

Another thing I always say: Traditional Baseball sims seem to simulate what we *perceive* as baseball. OOTP is one of the very few baseball sims that simulates what *IS* baseball.

Last edited by drksd4848; 08-30-2019 at 12:50 AM.
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 10:40 AM   #3
old fat bald guy
Minors (Triple A)

Has anyone ever seen a play at the plate with the infield in? If a grounder is fielded by an infielder, the runner on third always holds.
old fat bald guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 10:55 AM   #4
Mannyw
Minors (Single A)

I seldom see a play at the plate, usually it's and straight play to first or base hit.

Typically, in real baseball, infield-in results in hits, it's a very risky move to cut down a run but has a huge down-side to it. So, the increase in hits is an accurate representation I think.
Mannyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 09:20 PM   #5
mrbadguy
Minors (Triple A)

My issue, regarding INF in, is I have rarely (if ever) thrown out lead runner when CPU sac bunts. Also, when CPU bunts for a hit, they are successful about 90% of the time, regardless if INF is in, since it usually lands between pitcher and catcher.

Add that to the difficulty in stealing bases, makes small ball (which I am a HUGE fan of), rather frustrating. When I play my 80s franchises 50 steal guys rarely reach 50 steals.
mrbadguy is offline   Reply With Quote