Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-26-2014, 03:48 AM   #1
rstoomeyii
Minors (Single A)

trading difficulty

I'm kind of annoyed by the trade settings right now. I have worked on normal-balanced, hard-balanced and veryhard-balanced and i cant seem to find something that i like. normal is too easy. but i was just trying to move an established LF who has an ovr of 59/80 contact of about 85/100 is hitting over .320 this season on pace for 100 rbi. and i cant get anyone to take him for prospects (still in arbitration phase of contract isnt owed big money). just to mess around i went to the cubs organization and they have an organizational weakness in LF. i pick the prospect with the lowest ratings across the board from their system and they tell me it isnt a fair trade. a major league all star for a nobody isnt fair for them? wtf!? i feel like hard and very hard they try and make you lose the trade badly (why dont you throw in a few top prospects on top of that ML ready player for our garbage), and in medium it is too damn easy!
rstoomeyii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:19 AM   #2
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

I agree. I suggested a setting between Normal and Hard here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ggestions.html

Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:37 AM   #3
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoomeyii View Post
I'm kind of annoyed by the trade settings right now. I have worked on normal-balanced, hard-balanced and veryhard-balanced and i cant seem to find something that i like. normal is too easy. but i was just trying to move an established LF who has an ovr of 59/80 contact of about 85/100 is hitting over .320 this season on pace for 100 rbi. and i cant get anyone to take him for prospects (still in arbitration phase of contract isnt owed big money). just to mess around i went to the cubs organization and they have an organizational weakness in LF. i pick the prospect with the lowest ratings across the board from their system and they tell me it isnt a fair trade. a major league all star for a nobody isnt fair for them? wtf!? i feel like hard and very hard they try and make you lose the trade badly (why dont you throw in a few top prospects on top of that ML ready player for our garbage), and in medium it is too damn easy!
Sound like he's having a better year than his OVR suggest. a 59 OVR is around average. You may want to look at changing your AI evaluation settings and place some weight on stats or even turning it on.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:51 AM   #4
rstoomeyii
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
Sound like he's having a better year than his OVR suggest. a 59 OVR is around average. You may want to look at changing your AI evaluation settings and place some weight on stats or even turning it on.
i thought that 50 was average so i viewed him as a slightly above average player. but regardless with contact ratings of 85/100 you know that he will be an elite contact hitter going forward. also which would you rather have? a 28y/o LF who is going to come in and immediately be a top 3 OF (and has 3 years of arbitration control left) on your team or a 23y/o 1b who is stuck in your rookie league and has current ratings below 20/100 on everything.

i think i am going to tinker with the evals though. thanks!
Old 05-26-2014, 01:26 PM   #5
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoomeyii View Post
i thought that 50 was average so i viewed him as a slightly above average player. but regardless with contact ratings of 85/100 you know that he will be an elite contact hitter going forward. also which would you rather have? a 28y/o LF who is going to come in and immediately be a top 3 OF (and has 3 years of arbitration control left) on your team or a 23y/o 1b who is stuck in your rookie league and has current ratings below 20/100 on everything.

i think i am going to tinker with the evals though. thanks!
Above 60 but less than 70 would be above average, he's close thought but it sounds like he's having a all star year so his eval should be higher than what it is if you placed more value on stats.

I would play with this setting until you like what you see. Here's a test. Turn eval on and put current year stats to 100% and see where his OVR ends up at also try and make similar trades and see what happens.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:27 AM   #6
ezpkns34
All Star Reserve

59 seems to be a pretty solid player from my somewhat limited experiences in OOTP 15 (playing with overall rating based on all player, not positions, based on AI evaluation instead of pure ratings & everything relative to MLB). Yes, 50 is the average of 20 & 80, but there's not a bell curve of a few 80s & 20s with most being average. Nearly all the players are 20 overall with a potential under 30. I'd say 59 is above average for a reliever where all relievers seem to generally be lumped together in the 40-50 rating range, but for SP or position players 59 seems to be pretty solid rating. 59 potential is a late 1st round, early 2nd round draft pick's peak from the draft classes I've had

If 59 actually is just a slightly above average major league player, then that would presumably make a 20/20 player minor league fodder. Getting an above average starter who's still on an arby-eligible deal in exchange for minor league fodder would still be a no brainer for any team with a hole/need for that MLB player and who has the budget space

Last edited by ezpkns34; 05-27-2014 at 06:30 AM.
ezpkns34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:51 AM   #7
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Yea so many different variables. We don't know the OP's settings so a 59 rating in your league could be valued differently in his. Using relative ratings, basing ratings by positions or not will make any outcome different. The players are just numbers at the end of the day so logic may lack common sense.

According to the manual, a 4 star player is considered above average I would guess a 59 OVR would probably translate into 3 stars if that.

Color codes from the manual-

Blue= Excellent
Green= Good
Yellow= Average
Orange= Poor
Red= Awful

If that 59 is in yellow than he's a average player in the database/or league depending on what setup you are using.

We all could be arguing semantics but this is what the game see's as "above average" player.

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 05-27-2014 at 08:59 AM.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:01 PM   #8
MMastro92
Minors (Single A)

Another factor may be the Cubs record/organizational focus (are they in win now or rebuild mode). The AI may be in complete rebuild mode and may not be willing to give up any prospects at all for a good ML ready player though. That could be another contributing factor.
MMastro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:55 PM   #9
rstoomeyii
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMastro92 View Post
Another factor may be the Cubs record/organizational focus (are they in win now or rebuild mode). The AI may be in complete rebuild mode and may not be willing to give up any prospects at all for a good ML ready player though. That could be another contributing factor.
they weren't in either mode (neutral I guess). going forward im thinking about just setting the trade difficulty at medium and I'll just do my best to be fair with trades. i.e. if I wouldn't do it, the computer shouldn't.