Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-06-2019, 01:37 PM   #41
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
Yeah, I've been pretty surprised how effective the "balanced ratings" approach has been. What started mostly as a control group, has become a fairly compelling experiment in its own right.

Meanwhile the small ballers are completely tearing up their league. They somehow are in first place in both runs scored AND runs allowed, with a massive run differential over 300.

The SaberCats are still playing quite well too, the run differential is over 200, but were unlucky to be placed in a division with the 2nd best team as well. So they are locked into a tight playoff race.
Have you made any roster changes since your last screenshots?
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 01:48 PM   #42
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Aina Haina logo

How do you got about searching for players for each team?
Attached Images

Last edited by OMGPuppies; 04-06-2019 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 01:55 PM   #43
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Have you made any roster changes since your last screenshots?
Yes, definitely. I am constantly scouring the AH for upgrades.

The Small Ballers have added Sean Doolittle, Buster Posey, Carlos Carrasco and Masahiro Tanaka.

The SaberCats have added Tommy John, Herman Pillette, Michael Conforto, and a couple relievers.

The Balancers have added Andrew Benintendi, Nick Ahmed, and upgraded half the bullpen.

I'll report on full rosters once a week...it's a bit of work doing all the screenshots and whatnot.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 02:20 PM   #44
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
How do you got about searching for players for each team?
Basically I have a dual approach - I use the "player search" quite heavily, as well as just clicking through a lot of names in the AH.

For the player search, it really helps to have filters saved for all the player-archetypes you are looking for. So I have a "type A pitchers" for the Small-Ballers staff, etc. That way you can quickly navigate to each league, apply the filter, and see who comes up. So having 3 teams in different leagues also triples the chances of finding players that way.

But of course there are more players outside those 3 leagues which I don't want to miss either. So I do spent quite a bit of time just clicking through all the names in the AH. To manage that I just use the old school method of writing down their names on a piece of paper
Old 04-06-2019, 02:32 PM   #45
sooner333
Bat Boy

I'm in a league with your Small Ball team (I'm the Norman Supercells). I noticed your team before I saw this thread and took a look at your team and park. In some ways it made me think about my team composition and ways to improve team composition in a more cost efficient manner (from a PP standpoint, as I am strictly FTP for my one team).
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 03:41 PM   #46
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
For the player search, it really helps to have filters saved for all the player-archetypes you are looking for. So I have a "type A pitchers" for the Small-Ballers staff, etc. That way you can quickly navigate to each league, apply the filter, and see who comes up. So having 3 teams in different leagues also triples the chances of finding players that way.
I have three teams and to switch from one to the other I go the the OOTP Start Screen and log out, and then log back in with my other team. Is there a quicker way to do it?
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 05:52 PM   #47
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
I have three teams and to switch from one to the other I go the the OOTP Start Screen and log out, and then log back in with my other team. Is there a quicker way to do it?
no, unfortunately that's it. I guess I kind of have a routine, a checklist almost of the things I do for each team, to try to minimize switching back & forth.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:01 PM   #48
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, I've been pretty surprised how effective the "balanced ratings" approach has been. What started mostly as a control group, has become a fairly compelling experiment in its own right.
Interesting. I'm glad you are having good results with this one.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 12:46 PM   #49
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Playoff time!

The SmallBallers and Balancers easily cruised to their division titles, and so it was no problem getting the pitching rotations set up ideally for the playoffs.

The SaberCats ended up losing the division by 2 games last night after a bit of a September slump. However they still finished with the overall best run differential in their league (+245), so they are not exactly lightweights. I had to burn my SP#1 on the wild card game, so that's not ideal, but I won it at least. After winning game 1 of the DS as well, I like my chances alright. I'm actually matched up with the team who won the division right now - shout out to the Los Angeles Dudes for an excellent division race.

The division rounds themselves couldn't have started off better. All three teams shut out their opponents in game 1, with the Balancers crushing their opponent 12-0. Keep it up boys!

There is really only one team in any of the three leagues that is clearly head & shoulders above any of mine. So here's hoping the Balancers don't have to face the Washington Senators
Old 04-07-2019, 02:50 PM   #50
chazzycat
All Star Starter

The Balancers won their first playoff series in dominant fashion, a three game sweep while outscoring their opponent 28-6.

The SaberCats are moving on to their sub-league series as well, getting the best of the Los Angeles Dudes in 4 games, and their revenge for the division title.

The SmallBallers are however facing down elimination in game 5 of the DS. It's at home with my best SP lined up - but anything could happen.
Old 04-07-2019, 08:06 PM   #51
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Well the good news is the SmallBallers won that deciding game five.

The bad news though is all three teams lost in the 2nd round.

Onward & upward to bronze league next week.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:26 PM   #52
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Final regular season numbers:

SmallBallers
Record: 106-56 (1st)
Run Differential: +365 (1st)
Runs Scored: 955 (1st)
Runs Allowed: 590 (2nd)
Notable Ranks: 1st in AVG, OBP, SB, Bullpen ERA, FIP
MVPs: Justin Turner (7.2 WAR), German Marquez (5.5 WAR)

SaberCats:
Record: 103-59 (2nd)
Run Differential: +245 (1st)
Runs Scored: 818 (5th)
Runs Allowed: 573 (2nd)
Notable Ranks: 1st in HR, BB, K. 2nd in all pitching/defense stats
MVPs: Troy Tulowitzki (5.1 WAR), Rick Reuschel (4.5 WAR)

Balancers:
Record: 110-52 (2nd)
Run Differential: +249 (2nd)
Runs Scored: 822 (3rd)
Runs Allowed: 573 (4th)
Notable Ranks: 2nd in OBP, 2nd in Bullpen ERA
MPVs: Anthony Rizzo (6.5 WAR), Mark Mulder (5.3 WAR)

Each team has a few K PP saved up. I'll be making some more upgrades and will post bronze rosters tomorrow morning.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:16 PM   #53
chazzycat
All Star Starter

I really gotta stop forgetting to switch my pitching staff back to 5-man rotation after the playoffs. I always think it's low risk, since I will wake up and log in after just 1 or 2 games are played, so what are the odds the long man actually gets used, right? Well this morning all three were used, and so all my rotations are messed up. Oh well.

I only made one upgrade this morning, Gary Maddox in CF for the Small Ballers. Love that elite range plus contact & gap hitting. Goodbye Victor Robles. The other two teams still have 5k+ to spend, but I didn't see any good bargains.

Anyways here are the rosters for Bronze this week:
Small-Ballers:

SaberCats:

Balancers:

Rendon got upgraded to perfect!

The SaberCats again got the worst draw in terms of division strength. They have a mega-whale (half perfect/half diamond roster) in theirs, so probably will not be winning the division this year. The other two seem like they should be competitive.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:29 PM   #54
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Wes Parker has been a beast for me! I know what you mean about the pitching. I have forgotten to do that and it wrecked my record.
Old 04-08-2019, 04:09 PM   #55
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Maddox is a great addition to the Small-Ballers
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 04:38 PM   #56
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
Maddox is a great addition to the Small-Ballers
Yeah, that was pretty much a perfect fit. I had my eye on that card for a while.

So far I have to say it's been easiest by far to acquire quality players for the SmallBallers. There are just a lot of cards with those skills that fit perfectly, which I think is the biggest reason for that team's success.

For the SaberCats the pitching is the strength so far. There are a lot more options for high-MOV pitchers, so that is great. But on the offensive side it's been harder to find affordable eye/HR combo players. The best example is probably Bryce Harper - last year on my similar team his gold card was incredibly useful. But now that he is a perfect card he's out of reach. In fact the entire outfield for that team has obvious choices - Harper, Trout & Judge - but they are all so expensive. Judge is still a diamond, so I guess that is my logical choice for the next impact upgrade. 20 points of contact over Joey Gallo should help a bit.

BTW - how did the playoffs go for your Senators? I'm glad none of my teams share a league with them again
Old 04-08-2019, 05:08 PM   #57
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Yeah, that was pretty much a perfect fit. I had my eye on that card for a while.

So far I have to say it's been easiest by far to acquire quality players for the SmallBallers. There are just a lot of cards with those skills that fit perfectly, which I think is the biggest reason for that team's success.

For the SaberCats the pitching is the strength so far. There are a lot more options for high-MOV pitchers, so that is great. But on the offensive side it's been harder to find affordable eye/HR combo players. The best example is probably Bryce Harper - last year on my similar team his gold card was incredibly useful. But now that he is a perfect card he's out of reach. In fact the entire outfield for that team has obvious choices - Harper, Trout & Judge - but they are all so expensive. Judge is still a diamond, so I guess that is my logical choice for the next impact upgrade. 20 points of contact over Joey Gallo should help a bit.

BTW - how did the playoffs go for your Senators? I'm glad none of my teams share a league with them again
Simon and Tenace have been beasts for my power and eye team.
Old 04-08-2019, 05:18 PM   #58
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:

Maddox is really nice, I start him but spell him with 80 Ashburn. Maddox led that iron league we played in doubles last season. You've got a lot of good small ballers already, and yep those type players are indeed usually cheaper and easier to find on the AH.

Yep, was pulling for the Balancers to make it to the WS! Senators played the Brewers for the title and won in 4 close games.

The bronze league they're in this season has a team in the same conf that won 133 games in iron last week. 20 total live cards, 6 of those are perfect cards. That team will smoke most everybody for a few more weeks.

Last edited by pappyzan; 04-08-2019 at 05:26 PM.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 05:46 PM   #59
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
But on the offensive side it's been harder to find affordable eye/HR combo players. The best example is probably Bryce Harper - last year on my similar team his gold card was incredibly useful. But now that he is a perfect card he's out of reach. In fact the entire outfield for that team has obvious choices - Harper, Trout & Judge - but they are all so expensive. Judge is still a diamond, so I guess that is my logical choice for the next impact upgrade. 20 points of contact over Joey Gallo should help a bit.
Take a look at Juan Soto for LF. He is a 99 and more points than Judge, but less than Harper with a chance to move to perfect.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:58 PM   #60
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Wes Parker has been a beast for me! I know what you mean about the pitching. I have forgotten to do that and it wrecked my record.
Yep Parker has been great! I don't plan on upgrading there until I can afford Rod Carew TBH.

Just nabbed the 85 Brett Anderson for the SaberCats, which I am pretty excited about. One of the few high-MOV extreme-GB starting pitchers.

Teams are looking good, but it's so early I don't make much of it yet. Two of three are in first place and the third is behind the whale as predicted. I am expecting stronger competition than last week though so we'll see.