Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 10:45 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Exclamation NEW OOTP 19 Public Beta Patch 19.9.104 Available (eSellerate only!)

Important: This patch is only for OOTP 19 versions which were purchased directly from us or resellers who use our version.
It is NOT compatible with the Steam, Origin or Mac OSX AppStore version!

Hi everybody!

So, yesterday's public beta release (19.9.101) had some issues, mainly slow performance on AMDs and also crashes on some Macs. We have been able to fix these and also were able to improve general game speed (including simulations) by 20%!

Please give this new one a try. If everything goes well, then we'll be releasing the final update, including the Perfect Team public beta, this Friday, November 2.

Please do note that this version (19.9.104) is not compatible with the previous releases (19.8.79 or earlier) in online leagues, so all members of an online league should not install this beta!

Changelist (from 19.8.79)
- Dramatically improved startup times
- Improved simulation speed
- Fixed injury rating bugs for historical imports
- Improved pinch hitting AI
- Fixed crashes on Mac OSX 10.14 (Mojave) and some Linux distros
- Several other bug fixes

Update Info for our webstore customers: To apply the update, simply download the setup file and install it over your current installation. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course. Updates always contain all the changes from previous updates. Saved games are compatible between different versions.

Download link for PC Beta:
Main server: PC Installer

Here's a PC installer that installs into a single folder, which is useful for external HDs for example. Or for creating a second test install of the game, so you can try the patch out without the risk of messing up your main install of the game if something is wrong in the patch:
PC Single Folder Installer

Download link for Mac:
Main Server: Mac OSX Installer

Download link for Linux:
Coming soon.

Cheers,
Markus & the entire OOTP Team
Old 10-30-2018, 03:46 PM   #2
zappa1
All Star Starter

Works like a charm!! Thanks, guys

Just downloaded the latest version and could see right away the difference.
I clicked to load the game, rubbed my eye for a second, looked up and saw it was loaded up already. I thought woa, am I really in? I went right to my 1968 season and played the next game and could see it was all fixed. Much faster loading of the initial game. Looks OK on my machine. Thanks, again, everybody.

And if I come across anything else, I will let you know. I approve this update (for me).

Last edited by zappa1; 10-30-2018 at 03:48 PM.
Old 10-30-2018, 07:07 PM   #3
Shackdaddy
Minors (Single A)

I am reluctant to download anything that’s not a final patch. When will that be released?
Old 10-30-2018, 07:10 PM   #4
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
I approve this update (for me).
zappa, you are becoming the bellwether of OOTPB patches (to me).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shackdaddy View Post
I am reluctant to download anything that’s not a final patch. When will that be released?
It says Friday up above, if all goes well.

- Bru

Old 10-30-2018, 08:22 PM   #5
Cactusguy21
Major Leagues

For some reason, the facegen photos when you mouseover a player are not updating. When you click on the actual player page, it shows fine, but the mouseover doesn't.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:49 AM   #6
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactusguy21 View Post
For some reason, the facegen photos when you mouseover a player are not updating. When you click on the actual player page, it shows fine, but the mouseover doesn't.
What kind of league is this? 2018 MLB, fictional, historical? What are your facegen settings in the players & facegen tab in the game setup screen?
Old 10-31-2018, 06:32 AM   #7
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

2 bugs I'm noticing is that my Team sometimes when I load another league into it will set Opening day Roster at start of Spring Training but Computer Teams aren't and another is History gets taken away from a guy when I load a World Template into to it.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:42 AM   #8
DFyvie
Major Leagues

So player facegen is fine unless you play out your games. Am currently on Mac OS 10.13.6 with Intel HD graphics 4000 but do I have to upgrade to Mojave to see a player's thumbnail?
Old 10-31-2018, 10:00 AM   #9
kosmos412
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
What kind of league is this? 2018 MLB, fictional, historical? What are your facegen settings in the players & facegen tab in the game setup screen?
Noticed the same issue after updating. Sometimes there will no facegen there, and sometimes the player will be there, but not be wearing any caps/jerseys as if hes a free agent. Haven't figured out a complete pattern. If I restart the game and re-load the game, the mouseover/thumbnail is fine. Noticed it in both my 2018 MLB and historical leagues. My facegen settings are default, except I think I've enabled facegens for all players, fictional and real, etc.

Last edited by kosmos412; 10-31-2018 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:02 AM   #10
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFyvie View Post
So player facegen is fine unless you play out your games. Am currently on Mac OS 10.13.6 with Intel HD graphics 4000 but do I have to upgrade to Mojave to see a player's thumbnail?
OK, I was able to reproduce this here. Will be fixed in the final release. Thanks!
Old 10-31-2018, 10:24 AM   #11
Cactusguy21
Major Leagues

Quote:
It's an MLB league started in ST 2018, currently in 2027. The facegen settings are create on player creation, for major league players only, and they update on status update. I checked all four boxes below those settings as well.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:46 AM   #12
matnul
Bat Boy

I'm experiencing the same issue with the facegens after the last update. For some reason they appear "grey" once the mouse is over the player but seems OK in the player profile. Didn't change my settings.

Thanks
Old 10-31-2018, 03:26 PM   #13
zappa1
All Star Starter

I see this facegen thing also. I see it in the managers emails. Where there is a pic of , say, NL player of the week. His facegen is there, but if you mouse over his name a grayed out silhouette with the teams logo appears instead of the pic.

This doesn't do this on all of my seasons I have. Only 1968, 1977 and the present 2018 seasons do it. My 1913 and 1948 seasons as well as 2 other fantasy made up leagues don't do it.

Just finished playing a game for 1968. Now the facegen is back to normal. It looks like once new emails were generated, it fixed itself. The old emails that were affected are still that way.

Last edited by zappa1; 11-02-2018 at 05:19 AM.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:27 AM   #14
Cobby
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

Having said that, we will fix the report output when the page selector is displayed instead of scrollbars.

Dang! I was so hoping this would be fixed. Any chance this will be addressed in the final release?
Old 11-01-2018, 03:48 AM   #15
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobby View Post
Dang! I was so hoping this would be fixed. Any chance this will be addressed in the final release?
No, sorry.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:46 AM   #16
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Thanks!!!

Faster, better, more stable...you guys are the best!
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.—Thomas Sowell
"Alinsky works for me now."
Old 11-01-2018, 10:48 AM   #17
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Cobb View Post
Faster, better, more stable...
It seems OOTPB is approaching "bionic" status!

- Bru

Old 11-02-2018, 06:52 AM   #18
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Final update will be release a bit later today
Closed Thread