Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Fictional Simulations

OOTP 19 - Fictional Simulations Discuss fictional simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 06-28-2018, 06:08 PM   #101
stevem810
All Star Starter

Herve and Waveriders Opening Game

Herve Delage's Waveriders (AAA) lost a close one to the Anse d'Arlet's affiliate, 6-4. The Entre Deux Ranchers have come in first place both years of the league, something Anse d'Arlet can feel real good about. It means that some of these players will bring their winning ways to the next level in the not too distant future. .
At the top level, both Anse d'Arlet and Le Mourne Rouge lead the Martinique Division with 6-4 records. Nice game for my buddy, Herve, even though they lost.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:19 AM   #102
stevem810
All Star Starter

My First Big League Start as a Pitcher

The picture tells it all
Attached Images
Old 07-01-2018, 10:52 AM   #103
stevem810
All Star Starter

The box score and write up (by me)

Here are the details of the game.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 07-01-2018, 04:53 PM   #104
stevem810
All Star Starter

From the Hospital

I'm writing from the University Hospital in Fort de France, Martinique. I have a shoulder injury, and it appears to be a bad one. I felt a bit of a twinge in my shoulder while warming up before our game last night against the Cossacks of Moncton. But, after BP and some light tossing it felt a little better.

Well, the Cossacks had a man on first with 1 out when Vidal ripped a single up the middle. I fielded it on the run and threw a one hopper to Francois Gonzalez who slapped the tag on him. OUT!
Suddenly, my arm was killing me. Pain radiated up and down the arm up to my shoulder. I had to be driven to the hospital in Fort de France.
I'll be resting for a long time, maybe as much as 6 weeks. Possibly, some exercises after the swelling subsides (they think it will).

What this does to my career? I have no idea.

And, we lost the dang game, 7-3. So, we are 0-3, I'm on the DL in the hospital, and that about sums it up. Probably bad luck from shaving my beard and mustache off.
Attached Images
Old 07-01-2018, 05:45 PM   #105
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Uh-oh! That is not good.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:55 PM   #106
stevem810
All Star Starter

The Next Few Weeks

The Ball Club is pulling me out of Basse-Pointe for the time being and I'm actually traveling with the parent club, Le Diamant Diamonds, or will be soon. I'll be working with our Team Trainer and an assistant who specializes in arm injuries. We have a wonderful trainer in Michel Pillet, from St. Pierre, Martinique, but arm injuries are not his specialty.

Luka Legrande, from Fort de France, is currently unemployed and has been hired as a special assistant to Michel. I will work with them and their medical team to get my arm restored. Fortunately, if something happens that I can't pitch I still can fall back on my CF skills and focus just on playing a position. But, way too early for that talk.

The team wants me to watch the games and take notes on the pitchers. Number of pitches, how often each pitch is called, location, stuff like that. Sort of cutting edge, but they think it can serve two purposes....information for their pitching management and good first hand experience for me observing baseball at the highest level in the Francais Baseball League.

I am really flattered by the care and attention they have shown me over the past week since the injury. Crazy as it sounds, I am looking forward to coming to the park with the Diamonds.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 07-02-2018, 12:02 AM   #107
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

This raises an interesting question for me, one which I do not have enough experience with OOTP yet to know the answer to. I was thinking earlier that this might indeed mean the issue of whether Julien will be a pitcher or an outfielder will be settled. But what I don't know is this: would an arm injury suffered by him in his role as a pitcher affect his OF arm ratings after he recovers? Even if it does, his other skills should still make him a valuable outfielder. But this is what I find myself wondering.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:03 AM   #108
stevem810
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdWatcher View Post
This raises an interesting question for me, one which I do not have enough experience with OOTP yet to know the answer to. I was thinking earlier that this might indeed mean the issue of whether Julien will be a pitcher or an outfielder will be settled. But what I don't know is this: would an arm injury suffered by him in his role as a pitcher affect his OF arm ratings after he recovers? Even if it does, his other skills should still make him a valuable outfielder. But this is what I find myself wondering.
An interesting question. And, an interesting wrinkle to his career.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:50 PM   #109
stevem810
All Star Starter

Newspaper Announcement

The Newspaper that posts my game accounts asked me today if I would mind if Herve makes a few contributions to the paper. They are still very interested in my account of Le Diamant's season while I am observing, but they would prefer to not lose the 'feel' of the day to day player for 6-7 weeks at a time.
I thought it was a pretty good idea. Herve is a great friend of mine and I could use a break from the day to day stuff. So, I hope everyone enjoys the accounts of our AAA Waverider ball club.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 07-03-2018, 12:33 AM   #110
stevem810
All Star Starter

Unicorns at Waveriders

Herve here....I'll be playing third base. Here is the rest of the line up. I'll do a write up at the end.
Attached Images
Old 07-03-2018, 12:56 AM   #111
stevem810
All Star Starter

We win

No contest, really. Cyril Martin entered the game with 9.90 ERA but left with a 5.40 average. If it wasn't for Berthelot giving up the dinger in the 9th we would have had a skunk on them. I'll settle for 10-2.

We banged out 18 hits. I went 3 for 5 with a double. Victorien Robert, our C, gets player of the game award. He killed it. 3 for 5 with a homer and double.

We play Sainte-Phillipe tomorrow night. We're 5-0 at home so don't be surprised if we're 6-0 when I do the next write up. Barney Newcombe will be pitching for us. He's 2-0. Going against a senior. They are pitching a guy who is 31 years old. He was 12-8 and 11-9 the last two years but I guess they are just keeping him in case someone gets injured on the Le Mourne Rouge team.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 07-04-2018, 11:09 PM   #112
stevem810
All Star Starter

This week in Le Diamant

I spent the last 8 days in the Le Diamant dugout, or the broadcast booth. It certainly looks different when you are upstairs looking down on the game. I've enjoyed watching our stars perform and have been very impressed with George Lawrence OF and SP 23 yr old Sebastian Vautier. That kid has a future.
Here are the standings and results for the 7 games. We are in 2nd place.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 07-04-2018, 11:12 PM   #113
stevem810
All Star Starter

George Lawrence and Sebastian Vautier

These guys are leaders in more ways than just stats. Lawrence just crushing it. Sebastian, except for one bad outing at the end of April, has been very effective. Control, being the struggling point for him.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 07-04-2018, 11:18 PM   #114
stevem810
All Star Starter

Basse-Pointe Bandits

The Bandits are holding their own. I've got the reports which I'll share with you. Our team has really had to contend with injuries coming out of the gate. So, 9-10, is respectable all things considered.

Herve will be reporting on the Waveriders tomorrow.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 07-04-2018, 11:24 PM   #115
stevem810
All Star Starter

Diamonds General Info

Here are some reports I was able to gather thanks to our Scouting department. As you can see George Lawrence is the all time Diamonds home run leader with 36. OSA also ranks him as the best RF in the game today. Herve is the #1 prospect.
Attached Images
Old 07-06-2018, 09:34 AM   #116
stevem810
All Star Starter

April ends on a high note

From Juliene...Awesome game as we beat the Francais Baseball League reigning champs in their house.

I like our pitching. Regis Tardieu is such a pro. First one to the park, last one to leave.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 07-06-2018, 09:36 AM   #117
stevem810
All Star Starter

Back where I belong

Herve here....The Diamonds recalled Joly. This is my kind of line-up. Best of luck to Ewen Joly with the big boys.
Attached Images

Last edited by stevem810; 07-06-2018 at 04:29 PM.
Old 07-07-2018, 12:19 AM   #118
stevem810
All Star Starter

Ugh

Herve here....Waveriders have dropped 6 in a row. I think we miss Joly in the lineup. Medicine Hat beat us 3 in a row including this fiasco which I will post below just to get it out of my system. The part that kills me? I mean really gets under my skin? Their pitcher had 6 runs batted in.
Turn the page, that's all you can do, turn the dang page.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 07-08-2018, 11:33 AM   #119
stevem810
All Star Starter

May 8 1962

The physio team thinks I should be ready to start rehabbing in 2-3 weeks. This is my first major injury. I've never been on the D.L. I can't say that I like the rest. Everyday I read the local papers to see how the Bandits are doing. I can't help but check out our CF (Ron Mailing).

Le Diamant has reached .500. A lot of excitement in our small town. Even the tourists (mostly from France) seem to root for the Diamonds, at least while they are on the island. Whenever a french team plays in a Martinique town the games sell out.

I'm amazed at George Lawrence. Such a pro. Great leader, too. He just seems to carry the team on his back. When he is swinging the bat well, the rest of the team follows suit. Great guy, too.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by stevem810; 07-08-2018 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:40 AM   #120
stevem810
All Star Starter

George Lawrence Baseball Card

Here is this years George Lawrence baseball card. Often, I listen to the coaches in the locker room after the game when many of the ball players have cleared out. I'm always hoping to learn something. I heard PC Donovan Riviere say to HC Ken Fleming tonight, "Yeah, Kenny, George is like a fine french beaujolais.....getting better with time."
Attached Images