Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 05-03-2018, 07:46 PM   #21
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
Update:

Slight pause before I release this.

While I was creating the player list for those that import I decided it was too confusing to have some different player ID's in OOTP and the Spritze database so I will change mine to match OOTP. If OOTP does not have one, like for most Japanese and Korean players I will be making my own.
Any chance of releasing an easy to find/read player ID for the non MLB players?
Or does yours match baseball ref, primarily NNL players like Paige who is paige001-ler
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 08:06 PM   #22
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Any chance of releasing an easy to find/read player ID for the non MLB players? That is what I was doing when I noticed the ID challenge
Or does yours match baseball ref, primarily NNL players like Paige who is paige001-ler
Negro players come from Seamheads not BBref as BBref is a poopy diaper full of blubber and beer as far as completeness goes. No sir I don't like it and I do not have a negro league player list from them anyways. Gotta go with what I got and what I got is a Seamheads-OOTP negro league player list.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:34 AM   #23
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Here is the Master List.

Newest Japanese and Korean players not added yet. I'll figure that out next. Way too many Koreans with the same name but they look to be separate players in many cases.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MasterList.zip (400.1 KB, 463 views)
Old 05-05-2018, 02:40 PM   #24
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Here is the Master List.

Newest Japanese and Korean players not added yet. I'll figure that out next. Way too many Koreans with the same name but they look to be separate players in many cases.
Ye be Thanked, for this and the many others ....
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 05-05-2018 at 03:25 PM.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 02:44 PM   #25
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Thank you so much for this and everything else Spritze. Enjoy your retirement. I'm sorry for the few times we butted heads, and I am tremendously grateful for everything you've contributed to this game.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 04:55 PM   #26
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

So now, you have to either use OOTPs db or replace it with this, correct?
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:04 PM   #27
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

I have been working on the ability to use them together.

The Spritze DB moves the super-star minor league, negro league, Korean and Japanese players to the main database. In the past they did not exist at all anywhere. Now only the Japanese and Korean players are left out. So I have been considering making the Spritze database Korean and Japanese only and moving the few missing minor/negro league players into the standard minor league database. The more I work with the old Spritze db the more I remember about why I stopped updating it and why most of it's raw IRL data was moved to the OOTP minor league database. Markus then built an OOTP version of MLE'S into the program. You don't see it but it is why players magically appear at the correct level based on their skills.

This does not apply to Japanese nor Korean players yet. Whenever they appear in historicals it will.

So if I update the OOTP minor league database with the 121 missing minor league players that would make the Spritze database Asians only. I'm thinking on it since the ODB files have changed the landscape for customization and the ability to create ones own leagues and structures. If OOTP would allow the missing minor leagues to extend back to 1882 or even 1871 or even extra-even into the 1850's, well gee that would be swell.

The deeper I get into thinking about how all this Spritze stuff fits together with the game the more I think it does not anymore.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:25 PM   #28
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The Spritze DB moves the super-star minor league, negro league, Korean and Japanese players to the main database. In the past they did not exist at all anywhere. Now only the Japanese and Korean players are left out. So I have been considering making the Spritze database Korean and Japanese only and moving the few missing minor/negro league players into the standard minor league database. The more I work with the old Spritze db the more I remember about why I stopped updating it and why most of it's raw IRL data was moved to the OOTP minor league database. Markus then built an OOTP version of MLE'S into the program. You don't see it but it is why players magically appear at the correct level based on their skills.

This does not apply to Japanese nor Korean players yet. Whenever they appear in historicals it will.

So if I update the OOTP minor league database with the 121 missing minor league players that would make the Spritze database Asians only. I'm thinking on it since the ODB files have changed the landscape for customization and the ability to create ones own leagues and structures. If OOTP would allow the missing minor leagues to extend back to 1882 or even 1871 or even extra-even into the 1850's, well gee that would be swell.

The deeper I get into thinking about how all this Spritze stuff fits together with the game the more I think it does not anymore.
what a wonderfully complicated situation.
Is it possible any of this moving/restructuring the minor's DB could/might/should happen in 19, or is that something to look at for 20 and beyond? And IF it could happen sooner than later, does it alter the plans of releasing the database associated with the .csv file from this morning? Just curious. i've sort of put my games on hold until i understand which database i might need to use in order to progress. i import all my historical players from text files.
from your note above, it's obvious the work you do on these databases is much more involved and complex than i ever imagined. i (for one) like the games' and your DB being different, but however you decide will be appreciated and used.
take care and have a good evening.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen

Old 05-05-2018, 11:20 PM   #29
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
what a wonderfully complicated situation.
Is it possible any of this moving/restructuring the minor's DB could/might/should happen in 19, or is that something to look at for 20 and beyond? I suppose the new lead can request whatever he likes but Markus would need to approve And IF it could happen sooner than later, does it alter the plans of releasing the database associated with the .csv file from this morning? Just curious. i've sort of put my games on hold until i understand which database i might need to use in order to progress. i import all my historical players from text files.
from your note above, it's obvious the work you do on these databases is much more involved and complex than i ever imagined. i (for one) like the games' and your DB being different, but however you decide will be appreciated and used.
take care and have a good evening.
If the Spritze database goes full Asian only then you would have 3 lists.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:04 AM   #30
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Quote:

May as well be talking Greek to me and have it written in hieroglyphics.I would need the rune stone to figure this out; I have neither the time, patience, nor the skills to provide any ideas. I am sure you will perform some of your wizardry and "poof" the world will be right again with your new database. Thanks again for everything you do for all of us in the beautiful game.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:12 AM   #31
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If the Spritze database goes full Asian only then you would have 3 lists.
while i fully understand very little of how all this fits together behind the screens, actually 3 databases might not be as restrictive as i first thought. in fact, (as a dim light flickers on and off) it might be a good thing and be very workable, at least in my contorted OOTP world.

no idea how you wrestle all these swirling and twisted numbers, but dangnabit, you do a good job of it once it gets out to we peons in the meadows. thanks again for the work and products.

Old 05-07-2018, 11:45 AM   #32
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

ugh...im a moron at this it seems. So do i take the new linked masterlist.csv and put that in the game in place of the master.csv? Ive tried to import josh gibson every which way and it always fails...what am i doing wrong?
jparker2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:18 PM   #33
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparker2112 View Post
ugh...im a moron at this it seems. So do i take the new linked masterlist.csv and put that in the game in place of the master.csv? Ive tried to import josh gibson every which way and it always fails...what am i doing wrong?
The masterlist.csv is just that a list of names and id's and a couple of other columns... The id for Gibson in the masterlist must be if you are using the SpritzeHS database for it is not the same id as is in the database that comes with the game... I used gibson002jos with 1930 as the debut year and he imported... Using the id from the masterlist, he did not import... Select the historical_database.odb and be sure to check the box to include players in minor league database for that is where he resides... I got that id from a list that Spritze published called NegroLeaguePlayersList, see the attached file...
Attached Images
Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: xls NegroLeaguePlayersList.xls (451.0 KB, 417 views)

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:37 PM   #34
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparker2112 View Post
If using Spritze HS DB, ID is gibsonj99, and import year is 1928 (year before debut because draft takes place year before debut). If using the minor league database, check the box to include players in the minor league database as txranger said above. His ID in there is gibson002jos (as txranger mentioned), and I would go with a debut of 1929 (again year before actual debut because draft takes place year before actual debut). If you're not putting him in the draft pool, you could probably go with 1929 and 1930 respectively for his debut seasons, but if he's going in the draft pool, I would use 1928 and 1929.

Last edited by actionjackson; 05-07-2018 at 12:39 PM.
Old 05-07-2018, 12:40 PM   #35
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Spritze, I'll just paraphrase the great and underrated Warren Zevon and say "Enjoy every tasty morsel of calamari" in your retirement.
Old 05-08-2018, 01:24 AM   #36
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Here is what I decided to do.

Recompile the Spritze 17 db for 00TP19 as is. That should remove the weird errors OOTP18 introduced. It did that in my tests. I should have that posted by Wednesday.

Looking back on the origin of the Spritze database it existed to fix the following missing information.

1) No 19th century minor leagues. This was a problem as the game required more players as a minimum (15) than most teams had. This is still the case and so this will remain in the database. In the last few months I have found a second source for this information and will combine the two.

2) No minor league players. These are now in the game and so will be removed.

3) No negro league players. These are now in the game and so will be removed.

4) No Japanese nor Korean players. These are still not in the game and so will be kept and updated with 2016 and 2017 data.

That is the new plan man.
Old 05-08-2018, 03:28 AM   #37
sprague
All Star Starter

I feel your DB still serves a great purpose.
As I understand it, the current MinorLDB can not be used for random debut.
And the MinorLDB can not be used with an altered structure to the MLB or to the minor leagues. We must use it historically exactly as real life was with no even minor tweeks.

With your DB, not only do we get ALL the players, they come in at an early age, the DB "real stats" allows us to play with any structure that we like.

Wishing you the best in your final run of this DB. I have been contemplating for years making a Davenport Translation DB...maybe with you finally stepping back after this year, it might be time to get off my butt and try that out.
Cheers
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 11:13 AM   #38
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

I have not yet figured out what to do about the 18 year old thing.

The reason for the ODB files OOTP was forced to go to is that many of the csv files were reaching their data capacity. I guess I need to figure out what the data capacity of an ODB file is. Then I'd know if I can create an all-in-one database for RD and custom settings.

So I will attempt to blow up an ODB file this week.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:10 PM   #39
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have not yet figured out what to do about the 18 year old thing.

The reason for the ODB files OOTP was forced to go to is that many of the csv files were reaching their data capacity. I guess I need to figure out what the data capacity of an ODB file is. Then I'd know if I can create an all-in-one database for RD and custom settings.

So I will attempt to blow up an ODB file this week.
what a gargantuan undertaking ye speaks of!
i thought the first version of Sprtize i found was incredible (14). But it's gotten bigger/better. Seems it has function for nearly every style of play. that has to be a challenge ... somehow that echoes of an Abe Lincoln quote ..... "You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time."
best of luck in ye ODB file blow-up/research. we should be pleased with whatever you decide to release unto us.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 05-08-2018 at 08:02 PM.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:46 AM   #40
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

https://www.dropbox.com/s/huimrk5jab...abase.zip?dl=0
Attached Files
File Type: zip masterlist17_18_19.zip (469.8 KB, 460 views)

Last edited by Spritze; 05-09-2018 at 10:54 AM.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote