Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 08-27-2017, 01:58 AM   #1
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

Conor McGregor Rating

Conor McGregor Rating: (1)

I won't be adding it to the game, and I'll likely adjust it tomorrow, but this is my current thought on him.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Conor_McGregor_JMW_Active_Prime.tbdx3 (1.8 KB, 65 views)

Last edited by IceTea; 08-27-2017 at 02:09 AM.
IceTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 06:48 AM   #2
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

I appreciate you doing a rating on him Ice Tea!

He did better than I thought he would, especially those 1st 3 rounds.

Also surprised to see the stat that Conor landed 111 punches - quite a few more than Oscar predicted he would.

Last edited by hamed2; 08-27-2017 at 11:54 AM.
hamed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:03 AM   #3
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Question

Has anyone been able to see these ratings? It doesn't work when I try to download them.
Old 09-03-2017, 10:00 PM   #4
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

no the file is corrupt I have 2013 and it says unsupported file but i would give him much higher than a 1 after all he did go 10 rounds with mayweather
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 02:32 AM   #5
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

McGregor went ten rounds with a 40-year-old Mayweather who carried him. McGregor's head was up and in plain view while he was throwing punches. He would have been KO'd in short order by any of the champions who owned a punch.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:33 AM   #6
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyberianwarrior View Post
no the file is corrupt I have 2013 and it says unsupported file but i would give him much higher than a 1 after all he did go 10 rounds with mayweather
Yes, I receive the same message, that it's unsupported - even after I tried renaming the file with McGregor's name listed 1st.

See how realistic this sim/game is? Even seeing Conor's rating is like the negotiations must have gone behind the scenes trying to set up this fight.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:40 AM   #7
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTea View Post
McGregor went ten rounds with a 40-year-old Mayweather who carried him. McGregor's head was up and in plain view while he was throwing punches. He would have been KO'd in short order by any of the champions who owned a punch.
Yes, I see your point, Floyd didn't want to even give Conor a puncher's chance to get lucky & land a big one early. Right, a Spence or Thurman in there & it's really a different fight for Conor.

If you let me/us see Conor's rating, I promise to only put him in there with a fighter on his level.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:13 AM   #8
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Big George weighs in:

Foreman was impressed by McGregor's ability to box, his fighting heart, and his ability to last ten round in his first boxing match.

He says that the media should apologise for their coverage & says the fight could be fight of the year:

“Well, for the first time, I think all of the media should apologize for all the negative things that was said about the fight. It's going to be hard to top it. It could have been the fight of the year.”

On his surprise at McGregor’s skills:

“Not only did he surprise Floyd Mayweather, he surprised me and a whole host of experts. Because McGregor hit Mayweather often. His [Mayweather’s] defence didn't even work against Conor. He had to come out and fight like an old boxing slugger - like George Foreman or something,” he laughed.

Explains why he was impressed with McGregor going 10 rounds – says even he couldn’t go the distance sometimes, referencing ‘Rumble in the Jungle’:

“This was my first exposure to him as a boxer. We'd seen some occasions where he'd gone in as an MMA fighter, which was pretty impressive, but I had no idea that he'd be able to carry a boxing match. The hardest thing in the world is to go 12 rounds in a boxing match. Didn't you remember about George Foreman going for the rope-a-dope? I couldn't even go for 7 rounds, 8 rounds, once. This guy went on even further. He could have done 12 rounds, but he just got tired.”

Speaks on McGregor’s power, his comments after he was asked if he was impressed with his power. Says the referee saved Mayweather in the 8th:

“Yes, I was, as a matter of fact the referee protected Mayweather in one of the last rounds. Conor hurt him. He had him hurt, and was going for the finish, and the referee stepped in for no reason at all and stopped it. It was a vicious body punch. Conor had him with a good body shot and the referee saved him, but that's typical of a boxing match.”

On if he’s interested in watching him box again – says that he now believes an MMA fighter can compete in boxing if groomed properly:

“What I was interested in seeing, I saw. That a fighter from MMA, if he's groomed properly, can cross over to championship boxing. He did it. I went home and bought the fight in two locations, and it was the first time that I bought fights that I was content satisfied with. It was a good fight. Very good. It was worth my money.”
Old 09-06-2017, 06:35 PM   #9
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

lets hold off on FOY until GGG vs Alvarez has their war...but McGregor did surprise me as well I still think a 1 rating is too low fouls often, recovery and condition low of course hp he did rock mayweather a few times dense? probably a 0 or +2 max starts quick aggressive good enough jab and stunned him with an uppercut but the scorecards told a way different fight than we all saw. (89-91 HA!)
Old 09-06-2017, 10:11 PM   #10
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
lets hold off on FOY until GGG vs Alvarez has their war...but McGregor did surprise me as well I still think a 1 rating is too low fouls often, recovery and condition low of course hp he did rock mayweather a few times dense? probably a 0 or +2 max starts quick aggressive good enough jab and stunned him with an uppercut but the scorecards told a way different fight than we all saw. (89-91 HA!)
zyberian, can you see his rating? I'm still not able to download it, like Hanson wrote in another thread, I receive an error message that it's unsupported.

Last edited by hamed2; 09-06-2017 at 10:16 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:38 PM   #11
Mugsy
Minors (Triple A)

I don't understand why so many people think the Mayweather-McGregor was a good fight. Almost all of McGregor's punches were arm punches (when he wasn't hammer punching Mayweather in the back of the head) and Mayweather threw one punch at a time while walking forward and not fighting his usual shoulder roll -right hand lead style. Off the top off my head The Jack- Degale; Klitschko-Joshua and Gonzalez-Rungvisai were all more competitive fights that are worthy of fight of the year over the farce that was Mayweather-McGregor.

As far as McGregor's rating, I also could not add it to my game. I just want to add it so he can be a tomato can in my universe.
Mugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:38 AM   #12
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

Fundamentally, McGregor is a very flawed fighter. The only reason why he lasted until the 10th is because this very post-prime version of Floyd Mayweather Jr. carried him. If anything, I overrated him issuing a pedestrian (1) rating. His chin rating should be a (4) or a (5) instead of the issued (3). The defense rating of (+4) is a gift.

That said, he puts butts in the seats and has a huge following.

If I had to enter a rating of McGregor into the official database, I'd revise this one. He's like the first level of zero rated fighters using the scale that was issued several years ago.
CF 6/6
KD 4
KO 3
Rec 3
Cuts 2
Punish 3
KI 5
Agg 5
End 7
Def +4
FS 2
Ropes 3
HP 2
Punch 32
Counter Punch 32
PM 63
Over all 0
3PT Scoring 4
FI-1
FO-1
CU-1
KO-1
CL-71

Some adjustments would have to be made since he's a lead puncher, and needs room to punch.
Punch 34
Counter Punch 31 or 30
FO-2
FI-1

McGregor is also more proficient against boxer types than sluggers. His CF should realistically be 5/6
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Conor_McGregor_JMW_Active_Prime.tbdx3 (1.8 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by IceTea; 09-07-2017 at 12:57 AM.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:51 AM   #13
Mugsy
Minors (Triple A)

The file still wont import into the game.
Mugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:51 AM   #14
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

Thanks Ice Tea, that's exactly what I wanted!

For drawing power I'd give him a 10, proficiency maybe a 4 because he appeared to tire out by the 4th.

Maybe a 4 for conditioning & 5 for intellect?

Last edited by hamed2; 09-07-2017 at 07:24 AM.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:22 AM   #15
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamed2 View Post
Thanks Ice Tea, that's exactly what I wanted!

For drawing power I'd give him a 10, proficiency maybe a 4 because he appeared to tire out by the 4th.

Maybe a 4 for conditioning & 5 for intellect?
I give all fighters a 10 proficiency. From my cheat sheet, this rating has no bearing on the sim but is only to signify if they are 4,6,8 or 10 round fighters.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:12 PM   #16
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugsy View Post
The file still won't import into the game.
I'll send an email to Paul. It would be far too time-consuming to post updates so they can be entered by hand.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:09 PM   #17
Cap
Hall Of Famer

The fact they drew good TV audience doesn't mean much. Imagine if they matched Deontay Wilder with whoever the big name in pro-wrassling is right now and poured money into ten-month long promotion and did all the usual sham-grudge fight nonsense. "There's a sucker born every minute." still applies. You could do similar numbers if you promoted a boxing match between the so-called toughest NFL guy and some big-named WWE wrassler or MMA star. The rubes would pay huge money to see it. What works in politics works in entertainment.

Cap
Old 09-07-2017, 02:52 PM   #18
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTea View Post
I give all fighters a 10 proficiency. From my cheat sheet, this rating has no bearing on the sim but is only to signify if they are 4,6,8 or 10 round fighters.
You're right about that, I've downloaded guys who had 8 or even a 7 rating there & they were still solid fighters - didn't seem to impact their endurance.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:58 PM   #19
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamed2 View Post
zyberian, can you see his rating? I'm still not able to download it, like Hanson wrote in another thread, I receive an error message that it's unsupported.
no sorry cannot see his rating just inputting my choices I would put him at least a two though
Old 09-07-2017, 10:09 PM   #20
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
no sorry cannot see his rating just inputting my choices I would put him at least a two though
Same here but glad Ice Tea posted the stats here so I just manually put Conor into the game.

I like the thought of having the biggest UFC star in our boxing game.