Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:05 AM   #21
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhay53 View Post
I don't think it's a problem with old machines. I have a GTX 1070, 16GB of ram, a SSD, and a core i5 CPU. Without the changes here I get really bad stuttering, but not in every game and stadium.
you may need to use vsync... a really nice card may try to run a weak 3d app at insane FPS... thottle it with vsync. i've seen my vid card (really i heard it) go nuts before with an old 3d game (~10-15 years old or so). little bas%$# was running at 330fps, i could have cooked dinner on the GPU. i had to replace the thermal gel because i didn't notice in time... thank god i noticed by then! i caused some slight damage because it idles 2C hotter than it used to, lol.

may still be something else, liek you say, but worth a try. tone down the Anisotropic Effect in teh settings... it's maxed out by default.

HA! i jsut looked it up.. .you are using a $400 vid card on OOTP? LOL... okay.. does your mobo have a built in card? i think nvida will allow you to use the onboard vid card for some applications of choice through their software suite -- might only be for laptops, i could be wrong... you should try it on ootp... you may very well have overkill and that really can be a problem.

otherwise for you, i might suggest maxing all settings out with that card, lol. in their nvida suite as well in the game (should be able to do a profile per game in the suite.) My vid card used to poop out while watching a movie but handle a modern 3d game... i kept turning quality down... then i realized the actual problem and boosted the quality up... no more vpu recoveries while watching a 2d video file (also had to mess with voltage in teh xml files ...AMD producsts are such crap in my experience, lol.). i hate amd... did i say that?

Last edited by NoOne; 03-27-2017 at 04:20 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:49 PM   #22
reds1869
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
-Change audience detail: In File -> Settings -> 3D & Facegen, You can change the audience detail to simplified.
Worked like a charm, thanks!
reds1869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:53 PM   #23
drhay53
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
HA! i jsut looked it up.. .you are using a $400 vid card on OOTP? LOL... okay.. does your mobo have a built in card? i think nvida will allow you to use the onboard vid card for some applications of choice through their software suite -- might only be for laptops, i could be wrong... you should try it on ootp... you may very well have overkill and that really can be a problem.

otherwise for you, i might suggest maxing all settings out with that card, lol. in their nvida suite as well in the game (should be able to do a profile per game in the suite.) My vid card used to poop out while watching a movie but handle a modern 3d game... i kept turning quality down... then i realized the actual problem and boosted the quality up... no more vpu recoveries while watching a 2d video file (also had to mess with voltage in teh xml files ...AMD producsts are such crap in my experience, lol.). i hate amd... did i say that?
What can I say, I spent $400 so I could play the newest games at the highest settings, and then I spend all of my time playing OOTP and Kerbal Space Program. I'm not the same gamer I used to be.
drhay53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:07 PM   #24
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhay53 View Post
What can I say, I spent $400 so I could play the newest games at the highest settings, and then I spend all of my time playing OOTP and Kerbal Space Program. I'm not the same gamer I used to be.
i am in the same boat (much older equipment, though). i've even played kerbal before, but it's not installed anymore.

Seriously, look into what i said... either switch to on-board (if it can be automated per process) and try vsync. (less intrusive options first, of course, one at a time then in combination if necessary..)

i've had problems from your end too, in the past... too good of equipment for what you are running can be just as bad as too weak in some respects.

Last edited by NoOne; 03-27-2017 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:11 PM   #25
metsguy234
Minors (Triple A)

I've never used 3D mode until today. Decided to give it a try. It looks like this in my game:

Name:  3d.jpg
Views: 1827
Size:  234.0 KB
metsguy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:32 AM   #26
Jorin Guderian
OOTP Developments

Hey metsguy234,
what are your system specs? Do you maybe have a problem with your harddrive? It looks like as if some files are not loaded like the ootp3d file which controlls the cameras orientation. Also the audience is just blank, meaning it also didn't load I guess.
Jorin Guderian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:02 AM   #27
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

yeah, those are some cheap seats... someone's dangling you out of a blimp!
Old 03-30-2017, 07:46 PM   #28
Erik W.
Global Moderator

If you're using a system (like any laptop that has a dedicated video card) that selects between integrated and dedicated graphics, check your settings to make sure OOTP is using dedicated. Mine defaulted to integrated.

That would certainly be enough to cause poor 3D performance.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:48 PM   #29
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik W. View Post
If you're using a system (like any laptop that has a dedicated video card) that selects between integrated and dedicated graphics, check your settings to make sure OOTP is using dedicated. Mine defaulted to integrated.

That would certainly be enough to cause poor 3D performance.
Where are you likely to find this setting or designation?
Old 03-30-2017, 08:32 PM   #30
Erik W.
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Where are you likely to find this setting or designation?
For me it's in the NVidia Control Panel. If the dedicated card is AMD I don't know.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:35 PM   #31
metsguy234
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik W. View Post
For me it's in the NVidia Control Panel. If the dedicated card is AMD I don't know.
Where do I go from here? Looked around and I couldn't find anything about changing from integrated to dedicated at first glance.

Name:  nvidia.PNG
Views: 1639
Size:  160.8 KB
metsguy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:44 PM   #32
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
What happened to the little men having the team colors in 3-d? We had it last year..
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:54 PM   #33
Erik W.
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsguy234 View Post
Where do I go from here? Looked around and I couldn't find anything about changing from integrated to dedicated at first glance.
Under "Manage 3D Settings," then go to "Program Settings." If you have integrated video working in conjunction with your NVidia dedicated card, you'll see a drop-down option that says, "Select the preferred graphics processor for this program." If OOTP isn't listed just hit the "add" button.

If you don't have that option then you probably don't have a dual GPU set-up. They're mainly used for laptops.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:42 PM   #34
brettrankin
Minors (Single A)

Are the recommeded software requirements listed somewhere that will run the detailed crowd and 3D graphics?
brettrankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 04:16 AM   #35
CeeBod
Bat Boy

I was experiencing some very choppy 3d performance myself , but after reading this thread I set Vsync on in Nvidia control panel, found the in-game FPS limit setting and dropped that down from 120 to 60 (srsly 120 is the default?!?) and I also increased the crowd detail setting to maximum (I have a GTX970 card, so seriously doubt that I need to reduce detail settings!), and it's massively improved the chop situation.

It does still ocassionally get choppy though - I just saw it happen with bases loaded after each preceeding at bat was smooth, so maybe it's a CPU / calculation load exceeding a gfx load delay type thing or something?
CeeBod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 05:46 PM   #36
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsguy234 View Post

Attachment 499175
First, if oyu have a 3rd party card, it's probably better... just lower the settings... i'd only look into the onbaord one to make sure it's Not being used for ootp.

3d settings will have aliasing, vsync etc... that's where you can tone things down... google for more info.. read the gui for search terms.
--------------

if you have both -- this may be only for laptops but not limited for any particular reason if it is...., it should be in there to prefer one or the other for various apps.. or globally.

i googled and one site said 3d setting -> global settings / program settings... should be a drop down for "auto" "intel" or "your nvidia model" etc.

you may want to prefer your intel onboard vid card for 2d applications -- like windows media player or VLC etc.. a 3d vid card provides zero benefit to movies / tv / home videos... so save the hours of use on the more expensive piece.
Old 06-02-2017, 05:51 PM   #37
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeBod View Post
I was experiencing some very choppy 3d performance myself , but after reading this thread I set Vsync on in Nvidia control panel, found the in-game FPS limit setting and dropped that down from 120 to 60 (srsly 120 is the default?!?) and I also increased the crowd detail setting to maximum (I have a GTX970 card, so seriously doubt that I need to reduce detail settings!), and it's massively improved the chop situation.

It does still ocassionally get choppy though - I just saw it happen with bases loaded after each preceeding at bat was smooth, so maybe it's a CPU / calculation load exceeding a gfx load delay type thing or something?
do you have a 120hz monitor connected? that would be a reason why it picked 120 instead of 60. but, not sure. not likely a true 120hz anyway 99% of the time it's marketed that way. (marketing guy: "gee, lets add some useless frames out of thin air and call it an improved picture..." some other chump: " well, i guess that will help with the crappy lcd tech we chose to work with since it has terrible ghosting problems, horrid pixel respone time and all around junky physical properties for full motion video.. but great for watches and calculators")

since it's just spectating and not like some 3d 1st-person shoot'em up with the camera view constantly shifting position, you don't even need vsync for a good image, for those with performance issues getting to ~60fps ==> 24-30 will be full motion. tearing shouldn't occur...

Last edited by NoOne; 06-02-2017 at 05:57 PM.