Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-03-2016, 02:42 PM   #1
Benexcelsior
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Unhappy Severe Injuries

Hello everyone!

I just finished my 2nd year in Path to glory mode. Easy to say that this game is a ton of fun. Although, I'm concerned about the numbers of very severe injuries.

On March 1st 2018 there were 51 injured players in the NHL.
7 were listed day tot day
5 were listed 1 to 3 weeks
18 were listed 1 to 4 months
And most importantly, 21 were listed indefinitely

Out of the many who are injured for more than 6 months, 5 had a fractured larynx...It probably hurt like hell.

I was wondering if it also happened in your save?
Also, is it a problem that has been highlighted before or I am the first to raise concerns?

Ben
Benexcelsior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 02:45 PM   #2
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

I had posted this in a previous thread from a few days ago. The numbers you are showing are similar to real life if not lower than currently happening:

From TSN's website there are currently 89 players listed injured in current NHL with 24 day to day and 65 on IR
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 02:51 PM   #3
BrettC
Minors (Single A)

If I'm not mistaken OOTP has a setting to raise or lower injury frequency, I think there's like 5 settings.

Might be something to consider for FHM.
BrettC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 03:06 PM   #4
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

I have to say I get the concern, but it is realistic. Players get hurt and a number are out for extended period of time.
Old 11-03-2016, 03:28 PM   #5
Benexcelsior
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIUPIKE View Post
I have to say I get the concern, but it is realistic. Players get hurt and a number are out for extended period of time.
It does make sense I agree. Although, the majority of players injured for 1 to 4 months were also individuals who injured themselves for a very long period of time and are now slowly recovering.

What I'm trying to say is that there is a large number of very severe injuries compared to day to day or minor ones in the game. The last player who fractured his larynx in the NHL is Trent Mcleary in the 90's I believe.
**Correction(And Malcolm Subban this year. 2 players in 2 decades)

Feel free to argue, it is a friendly discussion after all

Ben
Benexcelsior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 06:57 PM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Alex Zhamnov in 2001, too. And it's happened at other levels recently - Brandon Whitney got hit by a puck in the throat in a QMJHL game a couple of years ago, fractured his larynx in four places.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 08:28 AM   #7
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Benexcelsior, if the naming convention changed from larynx to a concussion or lower body injury would the injuries make more sense?
Old 11-04-2016, 09:06 AM   #8
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

For 'real hockey' the injuries would only be concussion, upper body injury, lower body injury, general body soreness and for some teams, rosteritis.
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 02:39 AM   #9
ArdbegPlease
Bat Boy

I won’t lie, I was a little mad at the game when my first-line LW was out 90 days with a season-ending case of gunk rash when we’re out here having a 120 point season and competing for the championship. (Mostly I was mad I asked for pictures.)

But then I saw that the 21-year-old superstar for my rival is going to be out a total of 650 days because the grade iiib concussion DOES NOT PLAY.
ArdbegPlease is offline   Reply With Quote