Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss Out of the Park Developments' games, web site, downloads, research and anything else related to OOTP Developments.

Old 03-02-2016, 04:06 PM   #41
texasmame
All Star Starter

Cut my teeth on Baseball for Windows. It was the sole reason I got a PC way back in. . . 1994! LOVED THAT GAME! The Ernie Harwell PBP was amazing.

After that game went kaput, I came to OOTP 10 years ago and have had no desire to stray since!

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 02:32 PM   #42
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmame View Post
Cut my teeth on Baseball for Windows. It was the sole reason I got a PC way back in. . . 1994! LOVED THAT GAME! The Ernie Harwell PBP was amazing.

After that game went kaput, I came to OOTP 10 years ago and have had no desire to stray since!

Baseball for Windows.
Loved it!
Another blast from the past!
It would have been awesome if we could have had Ernie or Vin Scully do the audio for OOTP!
Attached Images

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3

Last edited by rjl518; 03-05-2016 at 02:40 PM.
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 04:06 PM   #43
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Post #3 is where I came in, I believe. Looking at those screen prints made my heart skip a beat, like meeting an old girlfriend on the street.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 04:49 PM   #44
swoboda
All Star Starter

Otbb

Anyone play this one, would have been the best ever, except for too many instability problems
Attached Images
Image Image 

The late great Lindsey Nelson
swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 10:53 AM   #45
bradbtr16
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I played Baseball for Windows religiously in my younger days.

I'll never forget my Dad about killing me when he found all the saved box scores were taking up like 80% of our computer's space.

I was super disappointed when I could no longer play that game. I have never played OOTP but plan on purchasing 17.
bradbtr16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 11:14 AM   #46
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
OOTP 15 had far and away the best logo. They should have kept that from year to year.
Plus it made for an amazing background for the UI.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 11:17 AM   #47
Assos
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradbtr16 View Post

I'll never forget my Dad about killing me when he found all the saved box scores were taking up like 80% of our computer's space.

I was super disappointed when I could no longer play that game. I have never played OOTP but plan on purchasing 17.
Wait until you see the mass of box scores you will get from OOTP!
Assos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 11:18 AM   #48
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradbtr16 View Post

i also played BBW all the time.
trust me, what you got out of BBW, you will get 1000 times more out of OOTP!

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
Old 01-21-2017, 03:59 PM   #49
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Now I have to add:

OOTP 17!
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2017, 04:00 PM   #50
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Looking forward to:
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2017, 07:18 PM   #51
vulcan4
Major Leagues

wow
vulcan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:56 PM   #52
daves
Hall Of Famer

I thought OOTP 13 was a big jump for me with League associations and having historical players in current draft. But somehow the game just keeps improving and I keep finding myself upgrading. Despite the additions of OOTP17 the tournament addition of OOTP18 peaks my interest. It's Baseball, yet the improvements keep coming!

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:15 PM   #53
Reggie
Major Leagues

Going through that it looks like I joined the club with OOTP8. I know the game play got better but I didn't realize how much different it looks until I saw them side by side.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 04:31 PM   #54
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Speaking of memory lane...I have always wanted to find the music score for stormfront’s Tony Larissa 3 1996 edition. It was very baseballesque in its sound, and really felt like baseball.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:06 PM   #55
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

I was in a small Mall years ago when I got OOTP the original in a basket bargain bin for next to nothing. I moved a few times and can't find the original which was in a plain transparent cd case. Never looked back and bought every version since then.

BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 01:45 PM   #56
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
I was in a small Mall years ago when I got OOTP the original in a basket bargain bin for next to nothing. I moved a few times and can't find the original which was in a plain transparent cd case. Never looked back and bought every version since then.

that's awesome!

IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:59 PM   #57
Bill Veeck
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmame View Post
I went to Diamond-Mind which was (is) a terrific simulation with a state-of-the-art baseball engine.

But DMB has really struggled with mgmt problems and resources (these simulations do not produce a lot of income) while Markus & staff continue to invest annually in becoming and now being the leading baseball simulation - easily the most robust simulation going.

Virtually everything about this user experience is pleasing, gratifying and challenging (particularly challenging in setting up due to the incredible variability of what can be simulated - even down to promotion and relegation and very rich/complete, but entirely fictional worlds).
Bill Veeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 02:50 PM   #58
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

well...let me update this thread.

OOTP 17
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

Old 03-10-2018, 02:51 PM   #59
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

another update:

OOTP 18
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

Old 03-10-2018, 02:53 PM   #60
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Coming Soon:

OOTP 19
Attached Images