Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 11-11-2015, 08:44 PM   #1
Sharpie
Minors (Single A)

Sos

Please save me...

Started a fictional league and having all kinds of problems. This is my 3rd restart and will move away from the game before doing a 4th.

Have read other posts and have tried to build a league.

Pitchers get left in league wide, when they are getting shelled. I understand if bullpen is tired but first day after off day and fresh pen?? I see too many 2.0 10-9-9-6-1 90 pitches at all levels for all teams.

One team playing in a pitcher friendly park, so team is constructed around contact, speed and defense. Except contact hitting team is hitting .215 which is highest in 3 seasons.

#1 hitting prospect in the game gets 2 ABs a game because he is subbed out every game. Why?

Have read league doesn't really take off until after 5 seasons. So I did 3 with no coaches, personalities or morale. Adding coaches in season 4 and then peronsality/morale in season 5. League wide issues without makes me think I am doing something wrong.

I have injuries set on normal. 2 teams year after year are crushed by injuries. Players are listed as fragile and I gave them the 2 best trainers. 1 team (having the most fragile players in the league) has the fewest injuries over the last 3 seasons. I must be missing something.

Any assistance would be much appreciated to save me playing this game. Right now so frustrated it is no longer fun.
Sharpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:27 PM   #2
Sharpie
Minors (Single A)

Also, why is every international player across the entire league Very Low on leadership, work ethic and intelligence?
Old 11-12-2015, 05:00 AM   #3
The Game
Hall Of Famer

What do you have your pitcher settings at?
If you have pen set to rarely like i do then yes SP will stay in even when getting shelled. I beat one team 21-4 and their SP gave up 17 ER before getting pulled in the 8th after 119 pitches. It was their 7th consecutive game and I did beat them the day before 12-0 and they used up 3 relievers.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 05:04 AM   #4
Sharpie
Minors (Single A)

Use of Relievers: Very Often
Use of Closers: Very Often
Pitcher Stamina: Low
Pinch Hit for Pitchers: Very Often
Pinch Hit for Position Players: Normal
Defensive Substitutions: Normal
Stealing Bases: Normal
Hit & Run: Normal
Bunting: Normal
Infield Shifts: Normal
Old 11-12-2015, 05:07 AM   #5
Sharpie
Minors (Single A)

In reading the posts on Stats only, it is all about guys getting innings/plate appearances.

In year 4 I have 1200 free agents and this is with lots of injuries, so should their be independent leagues so guys can play and be evaluated?

At the A-ball, SS-A and Rookie level could you independent teams mixed in with the affiliated teams?
Old 11-13-2015, 12:09 PM   #6
Vermin360
Major Leagues

I was having a similar issue with my single-A Jupiter Hammerheads where the starting pitchers were being kept in the entire game despite putting up a large number of runs.

In the Strategy tab of the Home screen, scroll right down to the bottom where you have Global Strategy Settings (beneath all the sliders). There is a field there labeled "Starting Pitchers Max. Pitch Count" which is set to 0 by default. Set a number you're comfortable with and you'll see your SP get pulled in favour of the bullpen quicker. (If this isn't having an immediate effect, you may need to use the individual player strategy settings to set maximum pitch counts for each pitcher independently.)

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Vermin360; 11-13-2015 at 12:23 PM.
Vermin360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 05:14 PM   #7
Sharpie
Minors (Single A)

Is Avoid K's the magic hitting bullet? 10 best averages in the leagues CON range from 25 to 80 but all have Avoid K's over 80.

Thank you to Vermin360 and The Game, I really appreciate some feedback. I was told the community was even better than the game, but am surprised that I so little feedback.
Old 11-14-2015, 04:46 PM   #8
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Sharpie it still sounds like a settings issue. Is this for a team you manage? Sim only? Do me a favor and make a copied folder of just the .dat files and put it on mediafire so i can download it.

1200 FA with full minors is common. 90% of those player swill never get past AA. You could delete the ½ stats guys yearly under commish mode - list all FA by stars potential and mass delete some of them.

Injuries happen, OOTP hates some teams. It used to hate the Cubs but it now likes them.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 06:42 AM   #9
Sharpie
Minors (Single A)

The Game: Thank you for the help. I have created the folder with the .dat files... what is mediafire?

In reading through the forum it sounds like you need a 5-8 year back log before a league starts to evolve. Instead of just simming for 8 years I am trying to do 2 things. 1) find the bugs in the setup and fix them over the 8 years so year 9 is rock solid. 2) go through the growing pains of learning the game when it doesn't really matter.

So I have googled/searched/asked in a quest for tips/tricks/data to help me get up to speed. I plan to play on GM only and it seems that stats only could be the most challenging way (once I learn enough to compete). I am currently in charge of one team but am trying to look at global results. I don't want to make any changes which only benefit me, I want to make changes that benefit the league as a whole.

Once my list of questions got over 25 and I couldn't find answers on the forums I figured it was time to ask. I was hoping to find someone(s) who would guide me through the process of creating a great league and mentor me through some playing tips.

I don't manage any of the games and coaches is 3 of my 25+ questions

Thank you again for any assistance you can give me.