Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 09-24-2015, 07:51 PM   #1
One Dog
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Depth Chart + Auto-populating lineups

Is there any connection between a players spot on the actual depth chart and his morale? I control all 30 teams and it takes forever to get all the depth charts set up. I'd rather not have to worry about those details.

Also, if you let the coaches populate the roster will it send guys down/recall players or only use the players on the 25-man roster? Very afraid to click that button....
One Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 07:05 PM   #2
OffTheFoulPole
Bat Boy

I'm new to OOTP also, but I would like to make an observation that could help a little bit.

In my limited experience, it seems to matter how a player is used, not necessarily where he appears on the depth chart. It also depends on his expectation. If he expects to start and is used off the bench, he is likely to be unhappy with his role. However, my bench players who expect to play in a backup role seem to be happy with the status quo. Also, it seems that signing a free agent or extending an existing player's contract have a very positive effect on that player's morale. Due to a key injury, I signed a free agent third baseman. He doesn't get to play much, but he seems pleased as punch to be on a big league roster.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by OffTheFoulPole; 09-25-2015 at 07:07 PM.
OffTheFoulPole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 07:15 PM   #3
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Dog View Post
Is there any connection between a players spot on the actual depth chart and his morale? I control all 30 teams and it takes forever to get all the depth charts set up. I'd rather not have to worry about those details.

Also, if you let the coaches populate the roster will it send guys down/recall players or only use the players on the 25-man roster? Very afraid to click that button....
I'm not aware of coaches populating the roster including sending guys to the minors and recalling others. Can you describe how this is done in more detail.

Now there is an "ask AI to set up complete organization... ...", but that is so obvious that no one should be surprised when bad things happen.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:35 PM   #4
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

On your GM/Manager Control and Auto-Play Settings page is where you can designate who moves players up/down, etc etc.

If you hit the "ask manager or bench coach" option on the line-ups page, then he will only use the players on the 25 man roster. You can ask him then make your own adjustments after, or leave it as is if you're happy.
_
Attached Images
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 09:29 PM   #5
One Dog
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
On your GM/Manager Control and Auto-Play Settings page is where you can designate who moves players up/down, etc etc.

If you hit the "ask manager or bench coach" option on the line-ups page, then he will only use the players on the 25 man roster. You can ask him then make your own adjustments after, or leave it as is if you're happy.
_
Thank you very much. I should have been clearer in my original post. This is exactly what I was wondering about.

In some of the console games like NHL and Madden, the CPU will just go nuts and totally rearrange your whole system. It's brutal.
One Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 11:02 PM   #6
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Dog View Post
Thank you very much. I should have been clearer in my original post. This is exactly what I was wondering about.

In some of the console games like NHL and Madden, the CPU will just go nuts and totally rearrange your whole system. It's brutal.
nm

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote