Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 09-22-2015, 02:21 AM   #1
OffTheFoulPole
Bat Boy

Newbie question-Delete and start over?

I decided I didn't like the way I set up my league, and I want to start over. I don't want to keep anything I set up. There will be two subleagues instead of one; each subleague will have just one division; each league will have 8 teams instead of the original 12; and the game will start in 1946 instead of 2014.

I attempted to delete the league, but OOTP gives me an error saying I cannot delete the only league.

Is the only solution to uninstall and reinstall OOTP 16? (I know my serial number just in case.)

Thank you.
OffTheFoulPole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 03:42 AM   #2
Izz
Hall Of Famer

You can have as many leagues as you want saved within the game. They will be stored in separate save game folders and will never overlap with one another.

My advice: just create a new league. If you want you can then delete your original league, but you can play the new one without deleting the old

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 09:56 AM   #3
RchW
Hall Of Famer

^^what he says^^

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 01:15 PM   #4
The Game
Hall Of Famer

If that is the only league you have once you create a new one and you are in that new league you should then be able to delete the old one when you go to Load Game/League.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 09:49 PM   #5
OffTheFoulPole
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
^^so much for personality...^^
Albert Belle's father, whose name was also Albert, was a high school coach in Louisiana. I had him as a PE coach and Health teacher. He didn't have much of a sense of humor. It might be unfair to say that in the case of younger Albert, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, but I wasn't very fond of the elder Belle. Perhaps it's the demeanor a coach feels he has to display to his players or students, but his face might have cracked if he had tried to smile.

Anyway, back to topic... Thanks, everyone, for your advice. As it turned out, I figured I wasn't really losing anything by playing with my unwanted game. I selected the option to let the AI automatically fill the rosters (it's a fictional league). Apparently that auto-rostering option doesn't like the fact that I had tried to delete the league, because I got persistent APPCRASH errors each time I would try that approach. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling.
OffTheFoulPole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:28 PM   #6
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffTheFoulPole View Post
Albert Belle's father, whose name was also Albert, was a high school coach in Louisiana. I had him as a PE coach and Health teacher. He didn't have much of a sense of humor. It might be unfair to say that in the case of younger Albert, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, but I wasn't very fond of the elder Belle. Perhaps it's the demeanor a coach feels he has to display to his players or students, but his face might have cracked if he had tried to smile.

Anyway, back to topic... Thanks, everyone, for your advice. As it turned out, I figured I wasn't really losing anything by playing with my unwanted game. I selected the option to let the AI automatically fill the rosters (it's a fictional league). Apparently that auto-rostering option doesn't like the fact that I had tried to delete the league, because I got persistent APPCRASH errors each time I would try that approach. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling.
So keep that in mind when you get a surly player. Don't be too quick to trade them.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit

Last edited by RchW; 09-22-2015 at 11:33 PM.
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote