Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 11-16-2013, 12:22 AM   #1
Accipiter
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Why do some players overall ratings not change, even when their stats are maxed?

I tried something last week, I had a guy whose stats were inching up, but for some reason his overall rating didn't change really. I tried bumping his stats up to their indicated potential ratings,and his overall rating went up...but there was still a gap. This wasn't an old guy either, young.

Then look at the attached picture...potential of 71...overall of 29, yet all of his ratings are either at their max potential, or even a tad beyond it. This is with perfect scouting on as well, and there's no need to rescout this particular guy. I see this happen constantly. Can someone explain it?
Attached Images
Accipiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:23 AM   #2
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

EDIT: Don't mind me, didn't read the whole post.

Last edited by Fyrestorm3; 11-16-2013 at 12:24 AM.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:36 AM   #3
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
Statistics affect the overall rating if you have the box checked for 'based on AI evaluation'.......

Also did you edit ALL of his ratings up, including the hidden ones?.....
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:42 AM   #4
gwon28
Bat Boy

The reason maybe I think his stamina 97 however the position for him is middle reliever.
gwon28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:39 PM   #5
Accipiter
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questdog View Post
Statistics affect the overall rating if you have the box checked for 'based on AI evaluation'.......

Also did you edit ALL of his ratings up, including the hidden ones?.....
yeah, I went in to the editor and edited LH/RH control/movement ratings...

and whoops! I had 'overall ratings based on AI evaluation, not pure ratings" I thought I had unchecked that when I started the league.

I'm assuming most of you guys/gals uncheck the box and then evaluate players yourselves?

Odd, the guy in the picture at the start is now rated a 71 once I unchecked that box. But if you look at his stats through the minors they were actually pretty good...wonder why the AI evaluation looked at them as such a huge negative?

edit: That actually solves so many mysteries for me. I had Clayton Kershaw on my team and his individual ratings kept plummetting as he hit his late 30s, but his overall kept right up around the mid 70s haha. Oh man

Last edited by Accipiter; 11-16-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Accipiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #6
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Why do some players overall ratings not change, even when their stats are maxed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
yeah, I went in to the editor and edited LH/RH control/movement ratings...

and whoops! I had 'overall ratings based on AI evaluation, not pure ratings" I thought I had unchecked that when I started the league.

I'm assuming most of you guys/gals uncheck the box and then evaluate players yourselves?

Odd, the guy in the picture at the start is now rated a 71 once I unchecked that box. But if you look at his stats through the minors they were actually pretty good...wonder why the AI evaluation looked at them as such a huge negative?

edit: That actually solves so many mysteries for me. I had Clayton Kershaw on my team and his individual ratings kept plummetting as he hit his late 30s, but his overall kept right up around the mid 70s haha. Oh man
Minor league stats aren't weighted as much as major league stats.

A .300 in AAA will be different from .300 in MLB.

In your player's case, he only played 2 games in AAA and depending how the default AI evaluation was set up, his evaluation were most likely coming from his AA (and below) stats which are even less valued. A 3.38 ERA in AA may be equivalent to a 5.00 ERA in MLB in the OOTP world.

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 11-16-2013 at 01:25 PM.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #7
gwon28
Bat Boy

Hi, where do I find option "overall ratings based on AI evaluation, not pure ratings"? Thanks.
gwon28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:17 PM   #8
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwon28 View Post
Hi, where do I find option "overall ratings based on AI evaluation, not pure ratings"? Thanks.
Game > Setup and Options > Global Setup. Bottom left hand corner of the screen in the Rating Scales section.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote