Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 05-20-2019, 02:38 AM   #1
Hendu Style
All Star Starter

Logo Request: Palmdale Aces

TXRanger came through with an awesome logo for my new fictional league, the Diamond Baseball League. Now I'm hoping y'all can come through with the logos for this new 8-team fictional Independent League. I think I've got the jersey and caps down well enough with the amazing online editor that was kindly built and supported by the community. I've spent the last few hours messing around with Photoshop, but can't create any logos that I like.

Would anyone be willing to build a team logo for me? Feel free to use the attached cap, jerseys, clipart, and secondary logo for inspiration -- but please don't feel limited by it. If you go in a completely different direction, I can very easily reconstruct the caps and jerseys based upon your design!

We'll start with the Palmdale Aces, from Palmdale, California. There's a big military aerospace industry there, hence the name "Aces."

I'll wait on rolling out the league's remaining seven teams, one by one, as each logo is built.

Thanks as always!
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

Previous OOTP Dynasties:
SimNation Fictional Universe (est. 1889)
This is Oakland A's Baseball
Beane Counting: The Oakland A's
Hendu Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 04:31 PM   #2
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

I'll wait a few days and hope the good graphics people will create your team logo... if it doesn't happen, I will give it a shot... but my work is only average at best.

From personal experience on this Forum, I think it is wise to post your requests one at a time.

You did a fairly nice job on the jersey.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 05-20-2019 at 11:55 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 11:48 PM   #3
Hendu Style
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
I'll wait a few days and hope the good graphics people will create your team logo... if it doesn't happen, I will give it a shot... but my work is on average at best.

From personal experience on this Forum, I think it is wise to post your requests one at a time.

You did a fairly nice job on the jersey.
Thank you. Definitely a work in progress. I like the simplicity of the online Jersey and Cap Creator. Maybe I’ll get courageous and try out the non-browser based ones at some point.

And I’ll definitely make the requests one at a time. Thanks!

Previous OOTP Dynasties:
Old 05-21-2019, 10:56 AM   #4
bjorgenson
Minors (Triple A)

Thoughts? Anything you'd like to change?

bjorgenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 11:52 AM   #5
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorgenson View Post

Holy Cow!... My Oh My... How about that?

bjorgenson, you just hit a grand slammer... that is gorgeous work.

Hope you do Home and Away Jerseys and Caps, too.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 05-21-2019 at 11:54 AM.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:30 AM   #6
Hendu Style
All Star Starter

Quote:

BRO.

That is AMAZING.

I love the "Independent Club" moniker. Really fits. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

bjorgenson, would you be willing to make matching home & away jerseys and hats?

Previous OOTP Dynasties:
Old 05-22-2019, 10:22 AM   #7
bjorgenson
Minors (Triple A)

Thank you guys! Yeah, here's a set I put together:

bjorgenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 11:30 AM   #8
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Really well done.

Thanks for sharing your talent.

Should I create a new dynasty league, the Palmdale Aces will be included... great job.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 05-22-2019 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:07 PM   #9
Hendu Style
All Star Starter

Quote:
Really well done.

Thanks for sharing your talent.

Should I create a new dynasty league, the Palmdale Aces will be included... great job.
I would be honored if the Palmdale Aces, owned by DecLan (defense contractor) co-founders Chuck Decker and Ray Lancaster, were to take to the skies of a Eugene Church-inspired league. Or, I would imagine, you might have some great ideas of your own.

Previous OOTP Dynasties:

Last edited by Hendu Style; 05-22-2019 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:17 PM   #10
Hendu Style
All Star Starter

Quote:

Absolutely stunning. Thank you bjorgenson. I'll work the "Under Armour" logo on the chest into a storyline on how the Aces are the only team in the league with a major apparel company as a sponsor.

I'll make an official logo request for my next team in the forum later, but if you're at all interested and want to noodle around some ideas, the next team will be the Victor Valley Horns -- a team based in Victorville, California, owned by prominent farmer Casey Atherton, owner of Pronghorn Farms. The Horns are named after the Pronghorn Antelope that roam the Victor Valley. All of this is purely fictional.

And I just thought of another aspect inspired by your artwork. I was contemplating having a rule that each team has to have a diamond somewhere in its logo as tribute to the Diamond Baseball League, since it has a star for each of its eight teams in its logo. Your diamond is hidden in plain sight with the Aces logo. Serendipity! Diamonds in other team's logos could be much smaller "easter eggs" that are worked into the art somehow. I'm going back and forth about this, but it does fit a storyline about the league's founder, a video game developer who loves to hide easter eggs around all of his creations.

Again, thank you bjorgenson. Your logo and uniform/cap have truly brought this team to life. I can't wait to share this team and the rest of the Diamond Baseball League with our friends in the Dynasty Forums some day. It will take time, but it will be done right, just like your creations here!

Previous OOTP Dynasties:

Last edited by Hendu Style; 05-22-2019 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-22-2019, 03:26 PM   #11
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu Style View Post
Absolutely stunning. Thank you bjorgenson. I'll work the "Under Armour" logo on the chest into a storyline on how the Aces are the only team in the league with a major apparel company as a sponsor.

I'll make an official logo request for my next team in the forum later, but if you're at all interested and want to noodle around some ideas, the next team will be the Victor Valley Horns -- a team based in Victorville, California, owned by prominent farmer Casey Atherton, owner of Pronghorn Farms. The Horns are named after the Pronghorn Antelope that roam the Victor Valley. All of this is purely fictional.

And I just thought of another aspect inspired by your artwork. I was contemplating having a rule that each team has to have a diamond somewhere in its logo as tribute to the Diamond Baseball League, since it has a star for each of its eight teams in its logo. Your diamond is hidden in plain sight with the Aces logo. Serendipity! Diamonds in other team's logos could be much smaller "easter eggs" that are worked into the art somehow. I'm going back and forth about this, but it does fit a storyline about the league's founder, a video game developer who loves to hide easter eggs around all of his creations.

Again, thank you bjorgenson. Your logo and uniform/cap have truly brought this team to life. I can't wait to share this team and the rest of the Diamond Baseball League with our friends in the Dynasty Forums some day. It will take time, but it will be done right, just like your creations here!
Good ideas. Inspirational. Thanks.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:12 PM   #12
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I would be honored if the Palmdale Aces, owned by DecLan (defense contractor) co-founders Chuck Decker and Ray Lancaster, were to take to the skies of a Eugene Church-inspired league. Or, I would imagine, you might have some great ideas of your own.
Hey, I would be proud to use the Palmdale Aces... love the town name, nickname... and the jerseys are excellent... Thanks for doing this.

Oh, yes, I would like my logos done to order with towns, nicknames and colors chosen by me, but those days are long gone on the Graphics Forum... one has to use justafan software to get your teams done... you can get one or two done, but not 10, 15, or 20 done.

I can do a decent, fair-to-middling logo, jerseys and caps, but they are only half as good as the likes of you, txranger, knuckler, low and Lawn Loaf... and about a dozen other graphics designers.

To get teams now for my dynasty league, I just find them here on the Graphics Forum and use them...like I found the Palmdale Aces... that way I get excellent work... I just don't get to pick the colors, towns or nicknames.

But this system has worked well for me... I am very please with the towns and teams in my new North Island Recreational League... I'm thinking of creating a South Island Recreational League, too.

I already have downloaded about a dozen teams created here on the Forum and they are ready for play in the future SIRL. I just have to make sure I want to expand to more teams... I learned long ago from the Islandian Pro Alliance that 64 teams is far, far too time-consuming to cover and administer... it is a joy to cover and administer my NIRL and its 12 teams... I play out the last three innings of every game... so I'm am really getting to know the players and the teams.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 05-22-2019 at 04:34 PM.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:32 PM   #13
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Looking forward to the Diamond Baseball League on the Dynasty Forum... I'm with you... well-done logos, jerseys and caps really help me in getting immersed in a league.

I think I'm addicted to well-done logos, jerseys and caps... I even created another dynasty to use the beautiful ones I find here... and my sick mind is thinking about expanding it by 6 to 12 teams.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 05-23-2019 at 12:16 AM.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:23 AM   #14
Hendu Style
All Star Starter

Quote:
Looking forward to the Diamond Baseball League on the Dynasty Forum... I'm with you... well-done logos, jerseys and caps really help me in getting immersed in a league.

I think I'm addicted to well-done logos, jerseys and caps... I even created another dynasty to use the beautiful ones I find here... and my sick mind is thinking about expanding it by 6 to 12 teams.
A crazy aspect of the game for me will be exploring the background for each of the eight owners in the DBL. For many of them, I plan on playing and streaming video games as the characters before they turn into owners. One, for example, will go from computer programmer to automotive magnate, while another will be an airline tycoon. I'm not going to lie, it's kind of out there... but I hope it will be fun.

Previous OOTP Dynasties:
Old 05-23-2019, 11:44 AM   #15
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
A crazy aspect of the game for me will be exploring the background for each of the eight owners in the DBL. For many of them, I plan on playing and streaming video games as the characters before they turn into owners. One, for example, will go from computer programmer to automotive magnate, while another will be an airline tycoon. I'm not going to lie, it's kind of out there... but I hope it will be fun.
Good Luck with your dynasty league... looking forward to reading it... I can tell you are excited about it... I'm am, too.

The bottom line:

If "YOU" enjoy it... that's all that really matters... not other people... I used to worry about how many viewers I got a day on my IPA dynasty... and someone told me... maybe DarkHorse, that the only important thing is, if the dynasty writer enjoys it.

I have been happy with that.

Just a suggestion:
Only have the number of teams that you can comfortably cover and administer... I like 12 teams... maybe 18 max.

Have an interesting storyline and use it the rest of the dynasty... not just at the start... I had a good storyline, I think, but only used it during the first two years and didn't continue it... the IPA took too much time to administer... didn't have time to continue to create and update the storylines... I see this happen often in promising dynasty... great storyline... but then they stop using it... and it just become a "stats dump"... sadly, that's what my IPA has come to be... ditto for my NIRL... I need to bring alive the owners, managers, players and league administrators to the readers to do it right... give your dynasty league personality... I don't write good dialogue and I'm not very funny... corny and opinionated is about the best I can do... so I don't use those devices... but done well, they are important keys to a popular dynasty.

So a "stats dump" is what I choose to do.

If you post daily, you will get more viewers over time... give yourself three to six months... that's what it took me to get viewers on the Islandian Pro Alliance... I started off with just 15-20 per day... after six months it was up to 125... the high was about 250 per day after the 50th season... I lost the league about 2-3 years ago in the 52nd season due to computer failure, but had backup that would start in the 50th season... there was a 2-3 month lapse... since then only have about 150 per day.

Show graphics in your reports... my views jumped from 125 to 250 when the graphics gurus made me logos, home and away jerseys and caps for my 64 teams... I was lucky to get that amount done... it is highly unlikely I could get that many done these days... we don't have as many graphics designers like we did 3-4 years ago... everyone is expected to make their own... but the graphics gurus will occasionally jump in and do one for somebody.

My North Island Recreational League started with 25 viewers per day and has slowly risen to about 50 views per day.

My IPA has too many teams to cover... 64... it is a lot of work... I struggle with it now, but love it so much I endure the labor for some enjoyment.

I really enjoy my NIRL and look forward to playing out the games each day... it is only a weekend league... one game per week for 30 weeks... I'm half way through the first season and am really immersed in the NIRL... the graphics are fantastic in my opinion... low, Lawn Leaf, txranger and knuckler have done almost all of the logos, jerseys and caps... most of the them I got in their graphics threads... I did a few myself, but I am not in their skill class.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 05-24-2019 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-23-2019, 03:36 PM   #16
Hendu Style
All Star Starter

We should sticky the above post by Eugene Church for anyone considering a dynasty thread. Insightful and informative. Words to live by.

Eugene, I wholeheartedly agree with you on the league size. It’s for that very reason that I’m doing a simple 8-team league. Because I’m such a stats geek, I’m forcing myself to focus on the storylines by making it a 40 or 80-game season. That way I can’t get too focused on home run totals, wins, strikeouts, etc.

The funny thing is, I’m actually doing all of this as background on just one character for a story I’m writing. 99% of this will never see the light of day as far as the story is concerned outside of ootp, but it will give a foundation for his motives, decision-making, and personality. I think I have a beginning and an end pretty well sketched out for this dynasty. Aside from a planned plot point or two, I may just see where the game takes us on the in-between.

Thank you Eugene. Your dynasty is a huge part of why I’m doing this. World building is such a fascinating thing to me, and you set the bar so high here. I remember doing my Sim Baseball League several years back, building my own world. And it was so fun. Then someone asked me for a map of where all these teams were located. I always regret not taking the time to draw out a map like you have done. Instead I took a United States map and plugged those teams in places where it seemed like they fit best. It broke the immersion and I always kick myself for not seeing it through, and at that point it became - as you put it - kind of a stats dump. Lesson learned, but all of that got me here.

Always nice chatting with you. Nice to find some who “gets it.”

Previous OOTP Dynasties:
Old 05-23-2019, 05:13 PM   #17
knuckler
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey, I would be proud to use the Palmdale Aces... love the town name, nickname... and the jerseys are excellent... Thanks for doing this.

Oh, yes, I would like my logos done to order with towns, nicknames and colors chosen by me, but those days are long gone on the Graphics Forum... one has to use justafan software to get your teams done... you can get one or two done, but not 10, 15, or 20 done.

I can do a decent, fair-to-middling logo, jerseys and caps, but they are only half as good as the likes of you, txranger, knuckler, low and Lawn Loaf... and about a dozen other graphics designers.

To get teams now for my dynasty league, I just find them here on the Graphics Forum and use them...like I found the Palmdale Aces... that way I get excellent work... I just don't get to pick the colors, towns or nicknames.

But this system has worked well for me... I am very please with the towns and teams in my new North Island Recreational League... I'm thinking of creating a South Island Recreational League, too.

I already have downloaded about a dozen teams created here on the Forum and they are ready for play in the future SIRL. I just have to make sure I want to expand to more teams... I learned long ago from the Islandian Pro Alliance that 64 teams is far, far too time-consuming to cover and administer... it is a joy to cover and administer my NIRL and its 12 teams... I play out the last three innings of every game... so I'm am really getting to know the players and the teams.
I am kind of sorry to hear you say that you don't get to pick the town names and colors anymore. You know I would do that for you in a heart beat. The main thing for me is just to know that the requester is going to come back, something that is not in question with you, EC. My fondest memories on this board are of working with you to create your universe.
knuckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 05:47 PM   #18
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckler View Post
I am kind of sorry to hear you say that you don't get to pick the town names and colors anymore. You know I would do that for you in a heart beat. The main thing for me is just to know that the requester is going to come back, something that is not in question with you, EC. My fondest memories on this board are of working with you to create your universe.
knuckler, you have done me at least 200 logos over the years... plus perhaps several thousand revisions... you also did about 75% of the home and away jerseys for the IPA... plus alternate jerseys and caps... it was basically you, Hankyu Braves and Isledelyod that did the 64 logos, jerseys and caps for me... 5-6 others helped sproratically… because of you guys, viewship on the IPA doubled right away from 125 per day to 250 per day... all one has to do is compare the dinky OOTP-created logos I used for 10 years... to the ones the Forum guys did... you guys certainly made the IPA much, much better.

I just didn't have the heart to impose on you for more... especially when I can get them on the Retro thread from you and txranger… and the others from low and Lawn Leaf's thread... and occasionally, I find a gem like the Palmdale Aces... I have been very pleased with my NIRL jerseys and logos that I got from all of you... plus I didn't have to bother all of you with personal requests... or revisions.

Whenever I need help from you with any future needs, I will be sure to ask for help... you truly are a wonderful friend.

Thanks for all you have done for me... without the great logos, jerseys and caps, playing OOTPB would be missing half of the enjoyment and immersion... teams come alive when you have really good graphics... and they really add to any dynasty league reports.

and it's all because of wonderful people like knuckler, txranger, low, Lawn Loaf and a few others here on the Graphics Forum.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 05-24-2019 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:54 PM   #19
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Hendu Style, much appreciate your gracious comments.

Thank you.
Old 05-30-2019, 04:47 PM   #20
Hendu Style
All Star Starter

Quote:

Jorgy, can you tell me the two colors that you used primarily for this logo? When I introduce the teams in my dynasty thread, I plan on mentioning official team colors (ie North Carolina wears Columbia Blue in college basketball). Thanks again for the incredible logo!

Previous OOTP Dynasties: