Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 12-20-2018, 03:30 AM   #21
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh` View Post
One issue I've noticed for the new Dark Skin (which overall looks great)

When assigning a scout to a region or league, regions/leagues where the Scout has the best knowledge of don't appear in bright green like the do in the default skin. So when you're assigning a Scout you can't tell what leagues he would be best assigned to, etc.
Ah, that one slipped by us, we'll get it fixed.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 03:30 AM   #22
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnonp23 View Post
Hey Jeff,

I just tried but I don't seem to be able to change role to free agents, right click doesn't do anything while in-profile action menu only let's me hire the staff to my own team.

Any thing I am missing?
Are you in commissioner mode?
Old 12-20-2018, 10:31 AM   #23
DFyvie
Major Leagues

Tactics Screen-Unit

Since the update the 'use settings' option on several of the tactics unit screen doesn't stick as you click 'use settings', leave the screen then come back and have to re-click it again.
DFyvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 11:58 AM   #24
Gagnonp23
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Are you in commissioner mode?
Yes
Gagnonp23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 03:22 PM   #25
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnonp23 View Post
Yes
Hmm, looks like the right-click menu isn't working on free agents like it should. Although changing the role like that for a free agent probably makes more sense on the edit screen, and I see a couple of other things, one of them related, that are missing from staff edit that could be there, we'll try to get those added.

In the meantime, the workaround is just to assign the free agent staff to a team via the edit screen (best to use one that's not in a playable league), at which point you'll be able to change his role via right-click, then edit him off the team again.
Old 12-20-2018, 05:19 PM   #26
Eugus
Minors (Double A)

Did the fix for PIM in non playable leagues work for anyone else? Mine are similar to what they were before the patch(started new game).

Last edited by Eugus; 12-20-2018 at 05:25 PM.
Eugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 11:49 PM   #27
JeffR
FHM Producer

The biggest visible difference will be in players with lower Aggression ratings, the difference in ones with a higher number there won't be quite as noticeable. I may take it down a little more at the next update, now that we've got a better mechanism for doing that - the first try at fixing it, a couple of updates ago, actually made it worse, so had to be scrapped and a different method used this time around.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:29 AM   #28
Gagnonp23
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Hmm, looks like the right-click menu isn't working on free agents like it should. Although changing the role like that for a free agent probably makes more sense on the edit screen, and I see a couple of other things, one of them related, that are missing from staff edit that could be there, we'll try to get those added.

In the meantime, the workaround is just to assign the free agent staff to a team via the edit screen (best to use one that's not in a playable league), at which point you'll be able to change his role via right-click, then edit him off the team again.
Thanks that worked but I had to find a team without a head coach.

I agree that this could be in the edit section.
Gagnonp23 is offline   Reply With Quote