Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 11-13-2014, 06:56 PM   #61
TEHLUDDITE
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by julius View Post
I expect that I may be an idiot for asking, but where is the reference to a 'GR' or game rating in the screenshots that have been circulated in this thread? I can't find it.

Its the screenshot in the last post of this thread - not exactly obvious.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-thread-2.html
TEHLUDDITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 12:34 AM   #62
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

I may have missed this, sorry if I did.
Is online play on the table for the new FHM?
Old 11-14-2014, 08:31 AM   #63
julius
Minors (Single A)

Thanks. I wasn't aware of these additional screenshots.
julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:54 PM   #64
kohut
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
We don't give out any release date, it is done when it is done and tested. Sorry, learned from the past.

FHM 2015 will not be Steam only!
Are you projecting a release date this year or 2015? I just want to get an idea how far you guys are into testing.
kohut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 04:53 PM   #65
Puckhead
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohut View Post
Are you projecting a release date this year or 2015? I just want to get an idea how far you guys are into testing.
I can very much understand that you guys are not giving a release date anymore, but I would like to know this too...
Puckhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 05:55 PM   #66
Jagorix
Bat Boy

Guys they said they're not going to commit to any release date right now and there's only a month and a half left in 2014. You really think they're going to be able to answer that??
Jagorix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 06:27 PM   #67
mpejkrm
All Star Reserve

Guys - it's pretty simple. They learned from their mistakes with FHM 14 and will not be giving a release date until they are ready. Stop asking.
mpejkrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 06:28 PM   #68
Puckhead
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagorix View Post
Guys they said they're not going to commit to any release date right now and there's only a month and a half left in 2014. You really think they're going to be able to answer that??
They might be and it's not an exact release date we asked for, just a very rough estimate. Something like Q1 2015 or so would be totally cool with me too.
Puckhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 07:24 PM   #69
truebatman
Minors (Double A)

like Puchhead said, we're not asking for an exact release date, totally understand why they don't want to do that for reasons we all know. But a broad general idea should be given for the ones out here who is patient, who hasn't criticized them at all (like me) and just want to be excited with a ball park figure... I mean, is it possible for this year? Or sometime before June of next year? Just some kind of range. Surely the game cant be in that bad of shape that they cant give us a very very broad range, that shouldn't hurt anything, some of us have been well behaved and supported them, I hardly ever say anything on here but I stand behind them 100%, but this not even having a clue if its going to be out this year, next year, year after... just something is all Im saying
truebatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 05:08 AM   #70
Jaurxe
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yeah, an estimate (which they should not be held to), in quarterly terms (e.g. Q2 2015) would be nice, but they don't really owe us anything. It'd be nice to know if my daily checks are in vain or not, though.
Jaurxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 05:59 AM   #71
archibalduk
All Star Starter

My understanding from Sebastian's posts is that they're not going to post any sort of release date until they know for certain. So I expect even a ballpark figure will be out of the question too. I'm sure they'll share a projected release date once they're confident of when they'll have the game finished.

There were a lot of problems with giving release dates last year. The original March 2013 release date was missed (with it being a beta release instead) and then there were/have been issues following the September 2013 release). And even recently an October 2014 release date was initially suggested. It's clear they want to learn from their mistakes and not put out any further ambitious promises until they know for sure they can deliver on them. Hopefully that'll lead to a more stable release compared with FHM 2014.

Hence I doubt you're going to get any sort of indication from them until nearer the time. I don't think anybody can complain about that - nobody has put any money down for FHM 2015.

As for a release date before the end of this year - that's surely highly doubtful. I would imagine there would have been an indication of a release date by now if it were to be coming within the next 6 or 7 weeks.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:30 PM   #72
BradC
All Star Starter

To add this official word to this thread: Yes, sorry, we can't give any kind of release date or release timeframe right now. We're taking the Blizzard approach: It will be done when it's done.

I know, I know, Blizzard is huge and we're tiny, and, yes, we're putting out sports games timed around seasons, rather than games that don't necessarily have to be tied to any real world events, but that's the overall sentiment we're going for here.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 03:41 PM   #73
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Anything on the final patch for 14? Any features finished for the patch? Multiplayer still included?

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 03:45 PM   #74
BradC
All Star Starter

Yes, I expect it will be there, but we haven't announced an official features list, beyond what's shown in the Road to Release articles and Sebastian's posts on the forum, so it's not 100% definite yet. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGH-Adfabre View Post
I may have missed this, sorry if I did.
Is online play on the table for the new FHM?
Old 11-17-2014, 09:33 PM   #75
BradC
All Star Starter

The final patch for 2014 is still coming and will have the match engine update. I don't know if it will have anything beyond that, but we'll make an announcement when we're ready. Thanks.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:34 PM   #76
Anton
Minors (Double A)

Regular responses and flat-honesty. I, for one, am appreciative.
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 11:18 AM   #77
julius
Minors (Single A)

A previous poster had asked whether we could still use the 30 (32?) team NHL league template with an option for fictional players and the ability to edit all players and teams. If the response to that is positive (?) all my league formation requirements are met- I am happy enough to work with a fictional league with that size and structure.

This also solves the "simulated hockey world" problem with starting a league using this wizard. For example, if you set up your main, minor and junior leagues in North America, what mechanics are in place to ensure that we have a steady supply of European players for the annual draft? Where would they come from? Where can they be scouted? To me, this artificial hockey world is just too small to be satisfying. Editing an NHL template sorts this out and retains the existing much larger hockey universe for your fictional league, so hopefully that option remains.

Also, could you make it a bit easier to create a league that allows for regular season ties, eschewing the overtime and shoot-out features. The set-up process in the current version can't be fully aligned to do this and that seems to have been retained. Note, for example, that there is no place to assign points for ties.

Thanks.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:27 PM   #78
Ramzavail
All Star Reserve

I would be extremely interested in the next version if it was a lot easier to create a fictional league from scratch. I'd even offer up my time to help, if that was one of the big initiatives in the next version.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 08:54 PM   #79
landru22
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by julius View Post
Also, could you make it a bit easier to create a league that allows for regular season ties, eschewing the overtime and shoot-out features. The set-up process in the current version can't be fully aligned to do this and that seems to have been retained. Note, for example, that there is no place to assign points for ties.

Thanks.
Actually, it isn't hard at all to setup a league with ties. My fictional league has no shootout and a five-on-five five minute overtime (with no loser point awarded). The problem is that, unless I go to the League Standings page, team records don't reflect this setup properly.
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 11:10 PM   #80
julius
Minors (Single A)

I agree that you can select ties in the league rules, but it still records at least 1 point for wins on penalties which you can't change to zero even though, as in your league, it makes no sense (check your league rules). Like the difficulty in having ties reflect properly in the standings, these aren't a big deal, but should be fixed.