Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 15 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:37 AM   #1
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Reds 1990 Wire to Wire Replay

I just read the book (again) and this time decided to see if I could duplicate the feat as manager.

I will be using real transaction but doing lineups and staff, minor lg promotions/demotions. Generally I will be simming 1/2 innings at a time until around the 5th or 6th innings when I will take over in one pitch mode. This may very depending on the circumstances, if games are close, we get runners on, etc I will switch to pitch by pitch. Generally I will be doing whatever I think the Reds need to do to win. Blowouts I will sim to end of game.

I will be running a lot (the Reds had some serious speed/steal guys), will use the 'Nasty Boys' to shut down opponents without burning them out.

Ok on to Opening Day, 1990 vs the Houston Astros.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:46 AM   #2
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

The Reds begin the season on a cool April 2 (50 degrees, wind blowing in from right at 11 mph) with staff ace Jose Rijo facing 35 yr old veteran Mike Scott.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 06-07-2014, 09:08 AM   #3
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkInCincy View Post
I just read the book (again) and this time decided to see if I could duplicate the feat as manager.

I will be using real transaction but doing lineups and staff, minor lg promotions/demotions. Generally I will be simming 1/2 innings at a time until around the 5th or 6th innings when I will take over in one pitch mode. This may very depending on the circumstances, if games are close, we get runners on, etc I will switch to pitch by pitch. Generally I will be doing whatever I think the Reds need to do to win. Blowouts I will sim to end of game.

I will be running a lot (the Reds had some serious speed/steal guys), will use the 'Nasty Boys' to shut down opponents without burning them out.

Ok on to Opening Day, 1990 vs the Houston Astros.
Just curious, has the problem with simming a half inning at a time ever been corrected? In the past, if you did this the AI for your team would leave pitchers in forever even when they were getting hammered. It's probably been fixed, but you might want to keep a close eye out to start.

Cool idea by the way.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:26 AM   #4
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

The game was a scoreless pitchers duel through 4 as the Astros got 1 hit while the Reds could only muster a walk.. Both players who did get on (Biggio and Rijo) got gunned down while trying to steal 2nd base (I did not send Rijo, was simming 1/2 inning at a time, stupid AI!!!).

Rijo gave up a walk with 2 outs in the top of the 5th but the Stro's could not capitalize. The Reds broke the tie quickly when Eric Davis hit a line shot 408 foot HR on a 1-2 pitch to lead off the inning. Mike Scott buckled down and struck 2 of the next 3 batters out to end the 5th with the Reds ahead 1-0.

I took over managing at this point.

In the 6th Ken Caminiti singled to lead off the inning and moved to 2nd on a sacrifice bunt by Mike Scott. Rijo shut the Astros down by striking out Yelding and Biggio to end the 'mild' Astro's threat.

In what I hope will be a common theme, Billy Hatcher singled to lead off the Reds 6th, stole 2nd and moved to 3rd on a Rijo sac bunt. Larkin immediately hit a long drive to center on the first pitch that just missed being a HR, scoring Hatcher and putting Larkin at 2b. Sabo followed with a screaming line drive past the diving Caminiti on a 2-2 pitch scoring Larkin while Sabo moved to 2nd on the throw to the plate. Sabo then stole 3rd (told ya I was gonna run these guys), but was left there when Scott got Hal Morris and Davis out on a pop up and weak grounder. Reds lead 3-0 after 6.

Rijo throws just 7 pitches and gets 3 weak ground outs to finish the Astro's 7th. Mariano Duncan singles with 1 out, Joe Oliver hits a shallow fly to left for the 2nd out. Then Duncan steals 2nd and then 3rd on consecutive pitches but Billy Hatcher strikes out swinging to end the threat.

Rijo continues his masterpiece with an 8 pitch inning with 1K to hold the Astro's scoreless for another inning. The Astro's have only manged 2 hits against Rijo thru 8. The Reds blow the game wide open scoring 5 runs in the 8th.
Cincinnati Reds batting - Pitching for Houston Astros : RHP Mike Scott Batting: RHB Jose Rijo 0-0: Called Strike
0-1: SINGLE (Line Drive, 8RS) Batting: RHB Barry Larkin 0-0: Ball
1-0: Foul Ball, location: 23F
1-1: Reached on error, E6 (Groundball, 6)
Jose Rijo to second Batting: RHB Chris Sabo 0-0: Ball
1-0: Ball
2-0: SINGLE (Line Drive, 3D)
Jose Rijo to third
Barry Larkin to second Batting: LHB Hal Morris 0-0: Called Strike
0-1: SINGLE (Line Drive, 3D)
Jose Rijo scores
Barry Larkin to third
Chris Sabo to second Batting: RHB Eric Davis 0-0: GRAND SLAM HOME RUN (Flyball, 7D), Distance : 379 ft Pitching: RHP Brian Fisher
Batting: LHB Paul O'Neill 0-0: SINGLE (Line Drive, 7LS) Batting: RHB Mariano Duncan 0-0: Ball
1-0: Called Strike
1-1: Ball
2-1: SINGLE (Groundball, 6MD)
Paul O'Neill to second Batting: RHB Joe Oliver 0-0: Ball
1-0: Fly out, F1 (Line Drive, 13) Batting: RHB Billy Hatcher 0-0: Ball
1-0: Swinging Strike
1-1: Foul Ball, location: 2F
1-2: Foul Ball, location: 2F
1-2: Fly out, F9 (Flyball, 89S) Batting: RHB Jose Rijo 0-0: Ground out 6-3 (Groundball, 6) Bottom of the 8th over - 5 run(s), 6 hit(s), 1 error(s), 2 left on base; Houston 0 - Cincinnati 8

Glen Davis reaches 1B on a Hal Morris error to lead off the Astros 9th. But Rijo bears down, gets EricYelding to hit a weak fly to CF, then ends a masterful pitching performance by striking out Biggio and Doran to give the Reds an opening day win and start what is hopefully a repeat of history with a wire-to-wire World Series win.

Rijo was obviously the POG, facing only 30 batters, while racking up 11 K's vs 1 walk, in a masterful complete game, opening day victory.

The other 2 stars for the Reds was their running game with Duncan stealing 2, Sabo and Hatcher 1 each while Eric Davis had 8 total bases (2 HR's) and the Grand Slam HR in the 8th to blow the game open.

I don't expect every game writeup to be this detailed but since it was Opening Day....

Last edited by MarkInCincy; 06-07-2014 at 09:29 AM.
MarkInCincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:58 AM   #5
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

After an off day on Tuesday the Reds try to continue their wire to wire repeat attempt with Tom Browning facing off against Jim Deshaies.

The Reds strike first with Sabo singling and Hal Morris driving him in with 1st pitch HR to left in the bottom of the 2nd

That lead did not last long as Browning gave up 4 runs in the top of the 3rd including a 3 run homer by Franklin Stubbs. Browning was pulled after 4 and held the Sto's scoreless thru the 6th but the Red's could not do anything against Deshaies.

Ron Robinson came in to pitch for the Reds, giving one 8th inning run over 3 IP to give the Stro's a 5-2 lead with the Reds having 2 more cracks at closing the gap.

Mariano Duncan gets the Reds comback attempt a boost with a 1 out single in the 8th but promptly gets thrown out trying to steal 2b. Larkin the walked and Eric Davis singled to put runners on 1st and 2nd with 2 outs and Chris Sabo batting.. Sabo drove a 2-1 pitch to center that at first looked like it was going out of the park to tie the game but was caught by Yelding with his back against the wall.

Dave smith came in to close out the game for the Astro's, gave up a 1 out single to PH Todd Benziger but then got Paul O'Neill and Jeff Reed to weakly ground out.

Thus ends the chance at a wire to wire repeat (though technically it happened yesterday when the reds were off as the Padres played and won to go 2-0).

We are still gonna try and repeat history as World Series champs.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:16 AM   #6
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Just curious, has the problem with simming a half inning at a time ever been corrected? In the past, if you did this the AI for your team would leave pitchers in forever even when they were getting hammered. It's probably been fixed, but you might want to keep a close eye out to start.

Cool idea by the way.
Basically anytime a pitcher gives up 2 or more runs in an inning I go to one pitch mode for a while to see if he can turn it around.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:13 AM   #7
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

The Reds try to come up with a series victory sending Jack Armstrong to the mound while Houston counters with Mark Portugal.

The Reds get it going early as Larkin draws a 1 out walk, steals second and moves to 3rd when Biggio throw the ball into CF. Sabo then drives a 2-2 pitch 401 ft to left center to give the Reds an early 2 run lead.

Unfortunately, that lead does not last long as Armstrong gets blown up by the Astros in the top of the 2nd:

TOP OF THE 2ND Houston Astros batting - Pitching for Cincinnati Reds : RHP Jack Armstrong Batting: LHB Tuffy Rhodes 0-0: Ball
2-0: Ball
3-0: Called Strike
3-1: Base on Balls Batting: SHB Ken Caminiti 0-0: Ball
1-1: DOUBLE (Flyball, 8LM)
Tuffy Rhodes to third Batting: RHB Mark Portugal 0-0: Ground out 6-3 (Groundball, 6M)
Tuffy Rhodes scores
Ken Caminiti to third Batting: RHB Eric Yelding 0-0: Ball
2-1: Ball
3-1: Foul Ball, location: 2F
3-2: Strikes out looking Batting: RHB Craig Biggio 0-0: Swinging Strike
0-1: Swinging Strike
0-2: Ball
1-2: Reached on error, E1 (Groundball, 13S)
Ken Caminiti scores Batting: SHB Bill D Doran 0-0: Ball
2-0: Foul Ball, location: 2F
3-1: Base on Balls
Craig Biggio to second Batting: LHB Franklin Stubbs 0-0: Ball
Balk!
Craig Biggio to third
Bill D Doran to second
1-1: Called Strike
1-2: SINGLE (Flyball, 8RS)
Craig Biggio scores
Bill D Doran to third
Runner from 3rd tries for Home, SAFE, no throw or cutoff Batting: SHB Casey Candaele 0-0: Ball
1-0: Fly out, F9 (Flyball, 9M) Top of the 2nd over - 4 run(s), 2 hit(s), 1 error(s), 1 left on base; Houston 4 - Cincinnati 2

Scott Scudder comes in to pitch the 3rd and 4th giving up a run in the 4th to make the game 5-2.

But the Reds score 2 in the bottom of the 4th to make it a 1 run game. O'Neill leads off with a walk, Duncan flies out, Jeff Reed singles to put runners at 1st and 2nd with one out. In an early move I bring in speedster Herm Winningham to pinch run for Jeff Reed. Ron Oester comes in to bat for Scudder and singles in O'Neill with Winningham getting to 2b.Todd Benzinger comes in to run for Oester. Winningham scores after he attempts to steal 3rd and Biggio for the 2nd time this series throw the ball into the outfield and Benzinger moves to 3b but is stranded there when Hal Morris strikes out. It's a 1 run game.

Not sure what I was thinking but I bring Dibble in to pitch in the 5th inning!!!!! But it worked he shuts the Astros down in the 5th, 6th and 7th getting 7 of 9 outs via strikeout.

Meanwhile Cincy scores 2 in the 6th on a Duncan triple, a Hatcher double, a failed Dibble squeeze bunt,and Hal Morris ground out fielders choice that scores Hatcher. Reds lead 6-5.

In the 7th Reds get a gift run on a Sabo double, Davis moving him to 3rd on a ground out, and Sabo coming in to score on a WP by Portugal to keep the lead 7-5

Charlton comes in to pitch the 8th and gets 3 ground outs with a walk to keep the score 7-5. In the bottom of the 8th the Reds get 2 insurance runs

Cincinnati Reds batting - Pitching for Houston Astros : RHP Mark Portugal Pitching: RHP Larry Andersen
Batting: SHB Luis Quinones 0-0: Called Strike
0-1: Ball
1-2: Strikes out looking Batting: RHB Billy Hatcher 0-0: Ball
1-0: SINGLE (Line Drive, 3D) Batting: SHB Norm Charlton 0-0: Called Strike
Billy Hatcher steals 2nd base
0-1: Sac Bunt - play at first, batter OUT! 5-4
Billy Hatcher to third Batting: LHB Hal Morris 0-0: Ball
2-0: SINGLE (Flyball, 4MD)
Billy Hatcher scores Batting: RHB Barry Larkin 0-0: Called Strike
Hal Morris steals 2nd base
0-1: Swinging Strike
1-2: SINGLE (Flyball, 7LS) - OUT at second base trying to stretch hit.
Hal Morris scores
Charlton stays in to pitch the 9th and made it interesting with some control issues.

Houston Astros batting - Pitching for Cincinnati Reds : LHP Norm Charlton Batting: SHB Bill D Doran 0-0: Called Strike
3-1: Base on Balls Batting: LHB Franklin Stubbs 0-0: Called Strike
1-2: Fielders Choice at 2nd, 6-4 (Groundball, 6) Batting: SHB Casey Candaele 0-0: Ball
2-0: Ball
3-0: Called Strike
3-1: Base on Balls
Franklin Stubbs to second Batting: RHB Javier Ortiz 0-0: Ground out 4-3 (Groundball, 4M)
Franklin Stubbs to third
Casey Candaele to second Batting: LHB Tuffy Rhodes 0-0: Intentional Walk Pinch Hitting: RHB Glenn Wilson 0-0: Called Strike
0-1: Foul Ball, location: 2F
0-2: Foul Ball, location: 9LSF
1-2: Ball
2-2: Ball
3-2: Fly out, F4 (Line Drive, 4) Top of the 9th over - 0 run(s), 0 hit(s), 0 error(s), 3 left on base; Houston 5 - Cincinnati 9

I think I micromanaged this game a little especially for it only being the 3rd game of the season:

a - B. Hatcher pinch ran for J. Oliver in the 2nd
b - J. Reed substituted for K. Griffey Sr in the 3rd
c - S. Scudder substituted for J. Armstrong in the 3rd
d - R. Oester pinch hit for S. Scudder in the 4th
e - H. Winningham pinch ran for J. Reed in the 4th
f - T. Benzinger pinch ran for R. Oester in the 4th
g - R. Dibble substituted for T. Benzinger in the 5th
h - L. Quinones substituted for H. Winningham in the 5th
i - N. Charlton substituted for R. Dibble in the 8th

Dibble gets the win, Charlton the save.

Dibble gets Player of the Game with a dominating 3 inning stint with 7 K's. Again in a win the running game also gets a Red's Star as 5 players stole a base:

SB: E. Davis (1) , B. Larkin (1) , H. Morris (1) , B. Hatcher (2) , T. Benzinger (1)

Sabo gets the offensive Red's Star with a double and a HR, 2 runs scored and 2 RBI's.

On the negative side Armstrong gets bombed. Thats 2 days in a row the Red's SP can't make it out of the 4th while defensively both Armstrong and Scudder committed errors in the field. I hate giving up outs by committing errors but by a pitcher makes it even worse.

At 2-1 the Reds are 2nd behind the 4-0 Padres, who are the next opponent as the Reds travel to SD for 3 games, then go to Houston for another 3 game series with them.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:34 PM   #8
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

In their first away game (and of all things a West Coast road trip) the Reds send Danny Jackson to the mound to face Dennis Rassmussen of the Padres.

The Reds string first on a lead off single by Billy Hatcher who advances to 2nd on a ground ball to third. Eric Davis then singles Hatcher home 2 batters later.

Unfortunately, a 3rd straight Reds SP gives up 2 early runs i the bottom of the first. Roberto Alomar singles to open the Padres first and then Joe Carter (batting 2nd!!!!) homers to give the padres a 2-1 lead after 1 inning.

The pitchers settle down and the innings 2 thru 4 are scoreless.
Joe Olvier singles to lead of the Reds first and in micro management at its best I put in Herm Winningham to pinch run for him. Paul O'Neill singles up the middle on a run and hit and goes to 3rd with O'Neill going to 2nd on the throw to 3rd. hatcher then goes the other way and Winningham scores on a ground out to the 2b.

Jackson again blanks SD in the bottom of the 5th.

Now comes the fun part. In the top of the sixth the Reds explode for 4 runs:

Cincinnati Reds batting - Pitching for San Diego Padres : LHP Dennis Rasmussen Batting: RHB Barry Larkin 0-0: Ball
2-0: Fly out, F8 (Flyball, 8LM) Batting: RHB Eric Davis 0-0: Ball
1-2: SINGLE (Flyball, 8RS) Batting: RHB Chris Sabo Pickoff Throw to First - No movement.
Pickoff Throw to First - No movement.
Pickoff Throw to First - No movement.
0-0: Ball
Eric Davis steals 2nd base
1-1: Intentional Walk Batting: LHB Hal Morris 0-0: Swinging Strike
0-1: SINGLE (Flyball, 78S)
Eric Davis to third
Chris Sabo to second
Runner from 3rd tries for Home, SAFE, no throw or cutoff Batting: LHB Herm Winningham 0-0: Called Strike
Chris Sabo steals 3rd base
Hal Morris to second
1-1: Swinging Strike
3-2: Ground out 3-5 (Groundball, 3L) Pinch Hitting: LHB Ken Griffey Sr 0-0: Intentional Walk Pinch Hitting: SHB Todd Benzinger 0-0: Ball
1-0: SINGLE (Line Drive, 89S)
Chris Sabo scores
Hal Morris to third
Ken Griffey Sr to second
Runner from 3rd tries for Home, SAFE, no throw or cutoff Batting: SHB Ron Oester 0-0: Called Strike
0-1: Called Strike
3-2: SINGLE (Groundball, 56)
Ken Griffey Sr to third
Todd Benzinger to second
Ken Griffey Sr scores
Todd Benzinger to third Pitching: LHP Rich Rodriguez
Batting: LHB Jeff Reed 0-0: Called Strike
2-2: Foul Ball, location: 2F
2-2: Fielders Choice at 2nd, U4 (Groundball, 4M) Top of the 6th over - 4 run(s), 4 hit(s), 0 error(s), 2 left on base; Cincinnati 6 - San Diego 2

I bring Dibble in for the 7th and he proceeds to give up 2 runs, on 2 hits and an error. The lead is cut to 2.

It is still 6-4 when Charlton comes in to pitch the 8th and immediately gives up a leadoff HR to Benito Santiago but gets with 2 ground outs, a walk and another ground out.

The Reds do nothing in the top of 9th and in the first time this season all 3 Nasty Boys get in the same game as Randy Myers comes in to pitch to the Padres in the 9th.

He Goes K, ground out, K to seal a Reds win.

In game, Joe Carter gets POG with 6 TB, (HR and 2 singles, goes 3-5, 2 Runs, 3 RBI's)

This was an ugly win with the Reds using 5 pitchers, starter Jackson, Ron Robinson and the 3 Nasty boys, left 10 men on base, crappy base running (in my opinion):

BASERUNNING
SB: E. Davis (2) , C. Sabo (2) , H. Morris 2 (3)
CS: B. Hatcher (1) , H. Winningham (1)

and no clutch hitting:
Runners left in scoring position, 2 outs: D. Jackson , M. Duncan , H. Morris 2 , J. Reed

personally only my micro managing won this game:

a - H. Winningham pinch ran for J. Oliver in the 5th
b - J. Reed substituted for M. Duncan in the 5th
c - R. Oester substituted for B. Hatcher in the 5th
d - K. Griffey Sr pinch hit for P. O'Neill in the 6th
e - T. Benzinger pinch hit for D. Jackson in the 6th
f - R. Dibble substituted for T. Benzinger in the 6th
g - L. Quinones pinch hit for R. Dibble in the 8

Padres suffer their first loss now at 4-1 while Reds are 3-1 a half game back
Old 06-07-2014, 01:41 PM   #9
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

The Reds send Opening Day pitcher out to face the Padres Bruce Hurst in a Saturday afternoon game. Hurst gave up 6 ER in 5 innings in his first start in LA while Rijo thre a brilliant shutout.

To be brief , the Reds dominated scoring all but 2 innings on the way to an 11-2 win.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/allenm/Documents/Out%20of%20the%20Park%20Developments/OOTP%20Baseball%2015/saved_games/Wire%20to%20Wire.lg/news/html/images/team_logos/cincinnati_reds.png[/IMG] MAJOR LEAGUE 1990 CINCINNATI REDS AT SAN DIEGO PADRES GAME ID: 65 - SATURDAY, APRIL 7TH, 1990 - GAME LOG 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E Cincinnati Reds (4-1) 1 1 2 2 0 1 3 1 0 11 16 0 San Diego Padres (4-2) 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 5 1 [IMG]file:///C:/Users/allenm/Documents/Out%20of%20the%20Park%20Developments/OOTP%20Baseball%2015/saved_games/Wire%20to%20Wire.lg/news/html/images/team_logos/san_diego_padres.png[/IMG] CINCINNATI BATTING LINESCORES
SAN DIEGO BATTING LINESCORES Player AB R H RBI BB K LOB AVG HR RBI B. Hatcher LF 5 2 3 2 0 0 2 .421 0 4 M. Duncan 2B 5 2 3 1 0 1 2 .368 0 1 B. Larkin SS 4 0 1 0 1 0 2 .158 0 2 E. Davis CF 3 1 1 2 1 1 1 .316 2 8 C. Sabo 3B 4 1 1 2 0 0 3 .400 1 5 H. Morris 1B 5 1 1 1 0 1 2 .238 1 7 J. Oliver C 5 3 3 0 0 1 0 .385 0 0 P. O'Neill RF 4 1 1 1 1 0 2 .294 0 1 J. Rijo P 3 0 2 2 0 0 0 .600 0 2 a-R. Mahler P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0 b-T. Birtsas P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0 Totals 38 11 16 11 3 4 14 a - R. Mahler substituted for J. Rijo in the 9th
b - T. Birtsas substituted for R. Mahler in the 9th

BATTING
Doubles: J. Oliver (1, 2nd Inning off B. Hurst, 0 on, 1 out)
Triples: M. Duncan (2, 4th Inning off B. Hurst, 1 on, 2 outs)
Total Bases: E. Davis , M. Duncan 5 , J. Rijo 2 , C. Sabo , J. Oliver 4 , P. O'Neill , H. Morris , B. Larkin , B. Hatcher 3
2-out RBI: E. Davis , M. Duncan , J. Rijo 2 , C. Sabo , P. O'Neill , H. Morris , B. Hatcher 2
Runners left in scoring position, 2 outs: B. Larkin , B. Hatcher
Sac Bunt: J. Rijo 2
Sac Fly: E. Davis , C. Sabo
Team LOB: 5

BASERUNNING
SB: E. Davis (3) , C. Sabo (3) , H. Morris (4) , B. Larkin (2) , B. Hatcher (3)
CS: B. Larkin (1)

FIELDING
Double Plays: 1 (Larkin-Duncan-Morris)
Player AB R H RBI BB K LOB AVG HR RBI R. Alomar 2B 5 0 0 0 0 0 3 .185 0 1 J. Carter CF 4 0 0 0 0 1 0 .250 1 3 B. Roberts LF 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 .280 1 3 c-F. Lynn PH, LF 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 .250 0 0 J. Clark 1B 2 1 1 0 2 0 0 .333 1 6 B. Santiago C 3 1 2 1 1 0 0 .318 1 6 J. Clark RF 4 0 2 1 0 0 4 .667 0 1 E. Williams 3B 2 0 0 0 1 1 3 .182 0 1 d-M. Pagliarulo PH 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 .091 0 1 G. Templeton SS 2 0 0 0 2 0 4 .316 1 4 B. Hurst P 1 0 0 0 0 1 2 .000 0 0 E. Show P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0 a-P. Stephenson PH 1 0 0 0 0 0 2 .500 0 1 C. Schiraldi P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0 R. Rodriguez P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0 b-T. Gwynn Sr PH 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 .250 0 1 M. Grant P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0 e-D. Jackson PH 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 .200 0 0 Totals 31 2 5 2 6 5 19 a - P. Stephenson pinch hit for E. Show in the 4th
b - T. Gwynn Sr pinch hit for R. Rodriguez in the 7th
c - F. Lynn pinch hit for B. Roberts in the 8th
d - M. Pagliarulo pinch hit for E. Williams in the 9th
e - D. Jackson pinch hit for M. Grant in the 9th

BATTING
Triples: J. Clark (1, 2nd Inning off J. Rijo, 0 on, 0 outs) J. Clark (1, 2nd Inning off J. Rijo, 1 on, 0 outs)
Total Bases: B. Santiago 2 , J. Clark 3 , J. Clark 4
Runners left in scoring position, 2 outs: G. Templeton , R. Alomar 2 , P. Stephenson
GIDP: J. Clark
Team LOB: 9

FIELDING
Errors: E. Williams (1) CINCINNATI PITCHING LINESCORES
SAN DIEGO PITCHING LINESCORES Player IP H R ER BB K HR PI PS ERA J. Rijo W (2-0) 8.1 5 2 2 6 4 0 117 71 1.04 R. Mahler 0.1 0 0 0 0 1 0 4 4 0.00 T. Birtsas 0.1 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 2 0.00 PITCHING
Game Score: J. Rijo 63
Batters Faced: J. Rijo 35, R. Mahler 1, T. Birtsas 1
Ground Outs - Fly Outs: J. Rijo 11-9, R. Mahler 0-0, T. Birtsas 0-1
Pitches - Strikes: J. Rijo 117-71, R. Mahler 4-4, T. Birtsas 3-2
Inherited Runners - Scored: R. Mahler 1-0 , T. Birtsas 1-0
WP: T. Birtsas

Player IP H R ER BB K HR PI PS ERA B. Hurst L (0-1) 3.2 8 6 6 3 1 0 76 38 12.46 E. Show 0.1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0.00 C. Schiraldi 2.2 6 4 1 0 2 0 51 34 3.38 R. Rodriguez 0.1 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 2 0.00 M. Grant 2.0 2 1 1 0 1 0 21 14 4.50 PITCHING
Game Score: B. Hurst 17
Batters Faced: B. Hurst 20, E. Show 1, C. Schiraldi 15, R. Rodriguez 1, M. Grant 8
Ground Outs - Fly Outs: B. Hurst 4-4, E. Show 0-1, C. Schiraldi 5-1, R. Rodriguez 1-0, M. Grant 2-3
Pitches - Strikes: B. Hurst 76-38, E. Show 1-1, C. Schiraldi 51-34, R. Rodriguez 2-2, M. Grant 21-14
Inherited Runners - Scored: E. Show 1-0 , R. Rodriguez 2-0
WP: B. Hurst
GAME NOTES Player of the Game: Jose Rijo
Ballpark: Jack Murphy Stadium
Weather: Partly Cloudy (54 degrees), wind blowing in from left at 18 mph
Start Time: 10:05 pm EST
Time: 2:54
Attendance: 46158
Old 06-07-2014, 01:43 PM   #10
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Ok that last post looks like crap but ya get the gist

(note to self: don't paste from box score page while including the graphics)
Old 06-07-2014, 01:53 PM   #11
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

I know its only 2 starts in but Rijo has been a beast in both.
Old 06-07-2014, 02:00 PM   #12
JohnHoward
All Star Reserve

Moderator: please move this thread to Dynasty Reports, thanks.
JohnHoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:50 PM   #13
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHoward View Post
Moderator: please move this thread to Dynasty Reports, thanks.
thats fine with me, I debated where to put it, dynasty to me means multi year which this not but the hist sim means no screwing with hist which I am
Old 06-10-2014, 01:44 PM   #14
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I think it's already in the right forum. I'll be following along. I probably watched the Wire-to-Wire video a 100 times as a kid and I still own it.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:02 PM   #15
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

check back, will be continuing later tonight/tomorrow
Old 06-12-2014, 07:49 AM   #16
paul.m.w.
Major Leagues

Loving it!
Go big Red..!