Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-31-2013, 05:26 PM   #1
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Help: Had to have OS re-installed, and now my shortcuts don't work

My baby crashed and had to be wiped. The guy in the store managed to save all of my OOTP folders (which is a relief, even though most important things are backed up to an external hard drive), but the shortcuts to each version tell me that the shortcut file doesn't exist. Do I just re-download all my versions from the OOTP developments download page? I have all the licenses and order numbers backed up, but will I be charged for a second (or potentially third [can't remember offhand whether or not I've installed on any other machines that aren't kicking around anymore]) license? Argh, this sucks.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:41 PM   #2
RchW
Hall Of Famer

The shortcuts don't matter. Are the *.exe files there? Probably not if the HDD was wiped.

You won't be charged anything. Redownload reinstall and if the license wont go through contact Bowtie (I think) with your order info and I'm sure that he will fix things.

A PITA for sure but not insoluble.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
The shortcuts don't matter. Are the *.exe files there? Probably not if the HDD was wiped.

You won't be charged anything. Redownload reinstall and if the license wont go through contact Bowtie (I think) with your order info and I'm sure that he will fix things.

A PITA for sure but not insoluble.
I actually have the application files for every version except 14 backed up, so it won't be as bad as I initially thought. I just want to make sure I won't get dinged for an extra license just in case I want to get a laptop soon.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:09 AM   #4
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
I actually have the application files for every version except 14 backed up, so it won't be as bad as I initially thought. I just want to make sure I won't get dinged for an extra license just in case I want to get a laptop soon.
You cannot be charged for anything unless you voluntarily buy the game and give payment info.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 01-01-2014, 06:12 AM   #5
Bowtie
All Star Starter

To help clarify things here, when you purchase the game that is the only time any charges will apply. If needed, users can uninstall and reinstall the game as often as necessary free of any charges.

With the PC/MAC license, you get 2 activations. Should both activations get used up and the user needs an activation freed, please feel free to use my sig and submit a support ticket and we will very gladly reset your license for you - again, at no additional charge. Plus, there is no limit to the number of license resets. Also, the license can be used the following ways:
  • PC & PC (PC = Windows)
  • PC & MAC
  • MAC & MAC

Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:23 PM   #6
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

OOTP14 worked. Now it's just a matter of plugging along and getting all the other ones to go. Thanks for the support folks.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:25 PM   #7
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
To help clarify things here, when you purchase the game that is the only time any charges will apply. If needed, users can uninstall and reinstall the game as often as necessary free of any charges.

With the PC/MAC license, you get 2 activations. Should both activations get used up and the user needs an activation freed, please feel free to use my sig and submit a support ticket and we will very gladly reset your license for you - again, at no additional charge. Plus, there is no limit to the number of license resets. Also, the license can be used the following ways:
  • PC & PC (PC = Windows)
  • PC & MAC
  • MAC & MAC
Had to re-activate the license on OOTP14 after the wipe, so I assume that's going to count as two?
Old 01-01-2014, 04:27 PM   #8
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

OOTP11 is the one I can't get into. i.e. the license doesn't work anymore. Do I still submit a support ticket for that, or is it too late?
Old 01-01-2014, 06:38 PM   #9
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
OOTP11 is the one I can't get into. i.e. the license doesn't work anymore. Do I still submit a support ticket for that, or is it too late?
Yep submit it..it shouldn't be to late. Remember to include your order info..
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:19 PM   #10
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
Yep submit it..it shouldn't be to late. Remember to include your order info..
Thanks Bigrod. Ticket submitted with Order # and Serial (or License) #. Thanks for all your help guys. I have a thirty plus year league in there that I didn't want to never see again.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:51 PM   #11
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

It works now. Thanks for going above and beyond old timer by releasing all the licenses that could've affected a future new machine/crash. You guys are the best.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:24 PM   #12
RchW
Hall Of Famer

These guys go above and beyond on a regular basis. We are all fortunate to have them.

RichW