Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
pancancerfightr
Bat Boy

@Pancancerfightr's FHM Beta Diary

Hey guys, I'll be posting various things I notice in the game that may need to be looked out. I'm currently doing a season with my favorite team, NY Islanders. I'm at October 1st & getting ready for the season, but I think that this isn't suppose to happen. The last day of September, Pittsburgh decided to waive a bunch of guys. That wasnt the issue. It was who they let go. James Neal, Brooks Orpik, Brent Sutter, Chris Kunitz among others. This will NEVER, EVER happen in real life. So the franchise AI may need to be looked at in terms of the GM for those teams being smart enough to not have this happen since any smart hockey fan knows this would never happen. No matter how bad their cap situation may be. I'll post more, but this was quite a glaring issue for realism in the game going forward.

If you wanna talk about the game, find me on twitter.

https://twitter.com/pancancerfightr

I also play OOTP 14

Bill
pancancerfightr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues

The game knows numbers, not names.
Pete Grassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
Wealthyfriends
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancancerfightr View Post
Hey guys, I'll be posting various things I notice in the game that may need to be looked out. I'm currently doing a season with my favorite team, NY Islanders. I'm at October 1st & getting ready for the season, but I think that this isn't suppose to happen. The last day of September, Pittsburgh decided to waive a bunch of guys. That wasnt the issue. It was who they let go. James Neal, Brooks Orpik, Brent Sutter, Chris Kunitz among others. This will NEVER, EVER happen in real life. So the franchise AI may need to be looked at in terms of the GM for those teams being smart enough to not have this happen since any smart hockey fan knows this would never happen. No matter how bad their cap situation may be. I'll post more, but this was quite a glaring issue for realism in the game going forward.

If you wanna talk about the game, find me on twitter.

https://twitter.com/pancancerfightr

I also play OOTP 14

Bill

Looking forward to your posts! Keep fighting sir!
Wealthyfriends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #4
pancancerfightr
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wealthyfriends View Post
Looking forward to your posts! Keep fighting sir!
Thanks brother! I haven't gotten to play too much since my last post, but I have a few days with nothing on my schedule so I do plan on getting some FHM in.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #5
pancancerfightr
Bat Boy

I'm at 4/9/13 in my first season as the NY Islanders. Everything for the most part has been going as according to plan and as the improvements are made to the game, it's going to be incredible IMO. A hockey version of OOTP, which is where I expect this game to be at over time, will be huge. Anyway, the one thing I would like to see is during the trade deadline, take a page out of NHL 13's book and have an all day deadline mode where your getting offers & your GM reputation will determine the offers you get, the teams who will trade with you & the GM's that will deal with you. Really, if the code used for OOTP was applied to FHM, I think everyone would be happy. But that one function would benefit not just FHM but OOTP as well. I'll see if there is some way to make my season data available or if I can upload the season file for those who may want to check out my season.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #6
pancancerfightr
Bat Boy

So doing a new season with my Islanders. Again, the game starts with players on waivers who unless they pulled an Aaron Hernandez would never be waived. I'm currently on October 4th and on waivers currently are the following players-

Victor Hedman
Matt Carle
Teddy Purcell
Valterri Flippula

Players who were claimed by me on waivers on September 1st-

Derek Stepan
Marco Scandella (whose got an over 10 million dollar cap hit which is completely false)
Brooks Orpik

Whether the game reads numbers or not, that is part of the realism that needs to be fixed. What's your thoughts? Does this bother you at all?
Old 08-09-2013, 05:17 PM   #7
pancancerfightr
Bat Boy

I'm doing a brand new season. I'm not gonna pick up Orpik or any players on waivers in the beginning of the season. Pittsburgh seems to be the main team dropping all these players. I'll try to put the names of the players waived. Anyway I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Billy
Old 08-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #8
Aliean
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancancerfightr View Post
I'm doing a brand new season. I'm not gonna pick up Orpik or any players on waivers in the beginning of the season. Pittsburgh seems to be the main team dropping all these players. I'll try to put the names of the players waived. Anyway I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Billy
when i play rangers put up a whole lot more on waivers.its stepan,nash,callahan,hagelin,del zotto,mcdonagh,girardi,brassard,zuccarello and some more i cant remember right now.also stepans contract isent right either.he is still RFA from what i know
Aliean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

The strange waivers/releases are a combination of the game not adding the offseason cap cushion right now, the NHL rosters being oversized because all NHL-contracted players are assigned there at the moment for the sake of easier editing, and the AI getting very confused when it has to get under the roster size limit and the cap at the same time. I gave Malte what I hope is a better set of AI priorities for cap-related roster-trimming a few days ago; I don't think he's had time to implement them yet but they'll be happening as part of the big AI roster management/trading/scouting overhaul we're working on for the next update (date TBD.)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #10
pancancerfightr
Bat Boy

Thanks for the update Jeff! This game has been huge in helping me take my mind off of my treatments. Brad has been an incredible person in helping me out and showing me support on Twitter. You guys are a great company inside and out!!!