Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-16-2020, 02:54 AM   #41
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

For all those saying it's time to retire PT20, I say let's keep doing this!

The Frogs rampaged thru the postseason in P405 to the tune of an Outkast-ian so-fresh-and-so-clean 11-0. Ain't nobody dope as Zack Wheat...he's just so fresh...so fresh and so clean, clean. The beauty of it all was that it was capped with vengeance in the PL Series--the Frogs took down the Gashouse Gorillas in straight sets, so to speak. After avenging the 7-game PL Series loss of 2064 by beating the LA Rams in 5 games last week, we have now avenged the 2066 season by sweeping back at the Gorillas.

This also marks back-to-back PL titles for the 3rd time in team history (2052/2053 and 2059/2060 were the others). The Frogs have never won 3 in a row, and that will likely continue with entry into the Whale Invitational this coming week.

For awards, they were plentiful as you might expect for a team that scored 1357 runs, outscored opponents by an Aaronian 755 (home)runs, and swept its way thru the postseason. It was HoF Ted Simmons bagging MVP, much to the consternation of teammate SE Zack Wheat (and Outkast apparently). The max ballpark factors paved the way for 5 Frogs to win Great Bat awards (not "bat" as in the animal that keeps acting as a reservoir for virulent viruses like coronavirus and ebola, but "bat" as in Louisville Slugger). Ted Simmons (C), Norm Cash (1B), Eddie Collins (2B), Zack Wheat (RF), and Cap Anson (DH) were so honored. Great Glove was bestowed only on SP John Smoltz (who found himself back in the mix after some weeks of inactivity). The end of the season also brought an end to 3 Frog pitchers with long-ish winning streaks: Rube Waddell (13 games), Doc Gooden (14 games), and John Smoltz (14 games). All of this and the team checks in just a couple hundred PP shy of 50K earned this week in achievements.

Ah, that October schedule is a beautiful sight, eh?
Attached Images

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 05:07 AM   #42
Splitter24
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter24 View Post
In their 38th consecutive season in PL, the FTP Pack Only Lowell Muck Rakers are making their first-ever PL Final. I'm not digging my chances, but everybody loves an underdog.
Lost in 6. Oh, well.

Currently Reading: The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen

"Well, the game is afoot. I’ll take anal bum cover for 7,000." - "Sean Connery" SNL Celebrity Jeopardy

R.I.P. Tommy Holmes 1917-2008
Splitter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 07:29 AM   #43
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Saints picked up a perfect title last night.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 09:33 AM   #44
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

The Albany Diamond Dogs (who OLers might remember as the Goldsboro Goldbugs and the Reno Silver Sox) finally made Perfect. For season 52.

Say hello to the Brooklyn Perfectos!

Can you tell I've been sitting on that name for a while?

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 11:21 AM   #45
bailey
Hall Of Famer

The Tigers stretched out their postseason to the max with Gaylord Perry set to be the hero in game 7 of the finals, but he coughed up 5 runs in the first and that was that. It's always a bad strategy to win the even-numbered games in a best of 7.

In another news, the Magpies won #22 overall, and bulked up this morning with HOF Ted Simmons.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote