Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 01-19-2020, 04:52 AM   #1
UDRays
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Remarkable Losing Streak

A team in my Perfect League finished with a 90 game losing streak! After starting the year 20-42, the wheels came off. They finished 103 games out of first.

One pitcher put up an astounding 25.00 ERA.

This would be hard to accomplish even if you were trying.
UDRays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:47 AM   #2
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDRays View Post
A team in my Perfect League finished with a 90 game losing streak! After starting the year 20-42, the wheels came off. They finished 103 games out of first.

One pitcher put up an astounding 25.00 ERA.

This would be hard to accomplish even if you were trying.
i thought remarkable was probably an overstatement when i read the title...it was not.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:28 AM   #3
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Query:
Playing for that massive "end a losing streak" PP reward and forgot to log a win in the final week?

The only pitcher I can imagine a 25 ERA for is Sale (triple curse: live, lefty, crappy MOV).

Last edited by Lemandria; 01-19-2020 at 10:33 AM.
Lemandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 12:45 AM   #4
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

I guarantee that he was not only tanking but playing untrainable guys wildly out of position. Good PP boost for everyone in his division, I suspect.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 03:22 AM   #5
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

I don't know, there was a team with all mid-bronzes, historicals, not exactly the worst players ever...(not a great team) but...in Perfect? They could have lost 90 ...well, maybe not 90 in a row... BUT they were something like 5-60 or worse to start the season.

A legit attempt at an iron themed hero team in perfect only went 11-66 & despite expansion the competition hasn't got much if any easier.

I claimed it was proof that a team might make an honest effort in Perfect & still want to tank to diamond.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:48 AM   #6
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I claimed it was proof that a team might make an honest effort in Perfect & still want to tank to diamond.
Define "honest effort," though.

I currentky have an FTP playing their first yoyo PeL season (never should have made it out of diamond).

Trapped in the same division with this particular league's Big Guns, we're doomed to lose at least a hundred).

I took the opportunity to get some cross-training time. So we might lose 120, instead.

Maybe this remarkable losing streak is due to a guy reaching the same kind of conclusion and training his fielders.

P.S. Betts is rated about 60 in center, currently. We've won 12 through May.

Last edited by Lemandria; 01-22-2020 at 10:56 AM.
Lemandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:58 AM   #7
UDRays
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I went back and looked and he put all his good diamonds etc. on reserve. The team was full of 40s and 50s players, none out of position though.

It just seemed to me that even with a team like that you'd luck into a 4-3 win once.
UDRays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 09:09 PM   #8
FoulBall01
Bat Boy

i hear ya right now i am at 36-115
FoulBall01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 12:55 PM   #9
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDRays View Post
I went back and looked and he put all his good diamonds etc. on reserve. The team was full of 40s and 50s players, none out of position though.

It just seemed to me that even with a team like that you'd luck into a 4-3 win once.
I mean, sure they were diamonds, and inevitably they'd be better than the irons that replaced them, but a 20-42 start puts them in the conversation for relegation. Tanking just made it far more likely that they wouldn't start 20-42 each of the next couple years (or more depending on how "lucky" they were at winning more games than at least 4 other teams in their league).

I expect that they gave up points at a higher rate once they started tanking, but even diamonds can leak points like a sieve. I'd be curious to know how the average points surrendered changed.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote