Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 03-19-2020, 02:59 AM   #121
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcbandits View Post
No it's fine to just copy and paste into the FG folder now.
I would quickly add that when you copy the pack's files over into the existing fg_files folder, you'll probably get prompted about whether you want to replace files. It's probably a good idea to say yes to that as I've done facegens for a couple hundred live players as part of the pack, and there are some very noticeable improvements, for example:

Last edited by FancySkunk; 03-19-2020 at 03:00 AM.
FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 03:32 AM   #122
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancySkunk View Post
I would quickly add that when you copy the pack's files over into the existing fg_files folder, you'll probably get prompted about whether you want to replace files. It's probably a good idea to say yes to that as I've done facegens for a couple hundred live players as part of the pack, and there are some very noticeable improvements, for example:

Yes thanks for adding that!
it's also been noted on the first page

Last edited by qcbandits; 03-19-2020 at 03:34 AM.
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 08:08 AM   #123
VitoA
Bat Boy

Thanks guys, really appreciate it!
VitoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 05:58 PM   #124
Zitofan75
All Star Starter

This is amazing!
Zitofan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 06:24 PM   #125
qcbandits
Banned

Glad you guys like it.
Next update should have all 4 draft classes done for college baseball at least, maybe HS too
Old 03-30-2020, 11:42 PM   #126
Pendragon
Minors (Double A)

Thank you for creating these facegens. It definitely adds to the fun factor of the game.

I'm still in OOTP 20. About half of the facegens auto-populate for me after following the instructions in this thread. The rest I have to manually edit the individual players to get them to show up. This is true whether I'm in an existing game and try the update function on the logo/jersey screen, or if I am creating a new game.

I've noticed the players that do not populate are ones that have a blank minor league ID field. Is there something else I should be doing to get these to work or will have to keep manually adding them as long as I am in 20?

Thanks for your help.
Pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:51 PM   #127
qcbandits
Banned

They actually should populate through the old naming conversion.

Give me a couple examples of players that weren't for you and I'll experiment on it
Old 03-31-2020, 12:07 AM   #128
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
I've noticed the players that do not populate are ones that have a blank minor league ID field. Is there something else I should be doing to get these to work or will have to keep manually adding them as long as I am in 20?
If a player doesn't have a historic minors ID in game, the game next looks for a file in the First_Last format. The issue is that a lot of players in the mod pack only have a First_Last formatted facegen file if they were in perfect team. I believe that what I worked out with the developers should have the historic minors ID format populating in all league set ups. Is your league, by chance, an older one? I know the field didn't always populate on OOTP 20 or in the OOTP 21 beta builds.
Old 03-31-2020, 02:22 PM   #129
Pendragon
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancySkunk View Post
If a player doesn't have a historic minors ID in game, the game next looks for a file in the First_Last format. The issue is that a lot of players in the mod pack only have a First_Last formatted facegen file if they were in perfect team. I believe that what I worked out with the developers should have the historic minors ID format populating in all league set ups. Is your league, by chance, an older one? I know the field didn't always populate on OOTP 20 or in the OOTP 21 beta builds.
Thank you for looking into this, FancySkunk and qcbandits.

I tried both older leagues and creating new leagues. This afternoon, I deleted the fg_files folder and redownloaded the facegen pack, and then created a new historical league (1977).

For the Cardinals active roster, 21 of the 28 players did not auto-select facegens:

Tony Scott
Garry Templeton
Bake McBride
Ken Reitz
Jerry Mumphrey
Mike Tyson
Dave Rader
Roger Freed
Jerry DaVanon
Taylor Duncan
Hector Cruz
Mike A Anderson
John Denny
Eric Rasmussen
Bob Forsch
Doug Capilla
John Urrea
Buddy Schultz
John Sutton
Pete Falcone
John D’Acquisto

The players on the list I spot-checked did not have historical minors IDs. I can go to picture functions and manually import their facegens.

Running the "update this team's pictures now" function from the logo/jersey screen did not result in any of the facegens appearing.

Last edited by Pendragon; 03-31-2020 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:19 PM   #130
qcbandits
Banned

Quote:
Thank you for looking into this, FancySkunk and qcbandits.

I tried both older leagues and creating new leagues. This afternoon, I deleted the fg_files folder and redownloaded the facegen pack, and then created a new historical league (1977).

For the Cardinals active roster, 21 of the 28 players did not auto-select facegens:

Tony Scott
Garry Templeton
Bake McBride
Ken Reitz
Jerry Mumphrey
Mike Tyson
Dave Rader
Roger Freed
Jerry DaVanon
Taylor Duncan
Hector Cruz
Mike A Anderson
John Denny
Eric Rasmussen
Bob Forsch
Doug Capilla
John Urrea
Buddy Schultz
John Sutton
Pete Falcone
John D’Acquisto

The players on the list I spot-checked did not have historical minors IDs. I can go to picture functions and manually import their facegens.

Running the "update this team's pictures now" function from the logo/jersey screen did not result in any of the facegens appearing.
Ah, historical is currently a work in progress as the current roster DB retired players are not always matching up with the historical DB on historical IDs. FancySkunk and I are working with the developers to get this to be uniform across the DBs
Old 03-31-2020, 04:03 PM   #131
Pendragon
Minors (Double A)

Gotcha. Thanks for looking into this.

I play primarily historical (70s and 80s are the most nostalgic for me ), although I do a number of random rookies (all eras) and fictional as well.
Old 03-31-2020, 05:12 PM   #132
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Tony Scott - Needs to be Fixed
Garry Templeton - Good
Bake McBride - Already fixed for next release
Ken Reitz - Good
Jerry Mumphrey - Good
Mike Tyson - Needs to be Fixed
Dave Rader - Good
Roger Freed - Good
Jerry DaVanon - Needs to be Fixed
Taylor Duncan - Good
Hector Cruz - Needs to be Fixed
Mike A Anderson - Good
John Denny - Has a newly made facegen for next release
Eric Rasmussen - Needs to be Fixed
Bob Forsch - Needs to be Fixed
Doug Capilla - Good
John Urrea - Good
Buddy Schultz - Needs to be Fixed
John Sutton - Needs to be Fixed
Pete Falcone - Good
John D’Acquisto - Good
Alright I just went through and checked all the players you listed. A few definitely need to have fixes made on our end, but there were quite a few for which I'm seeing facegens in-game on my pre-existing historical simulation (in game ID and pack filename match fine), which I noted as "Good" above. To be safe, I created a new historical 1977 league and those specific players are getting facegens as expected.

At this point, I don't really know what went wrong, but it appears to have been some kind of issue with league creation for those players, rather than something on our end with the facegen pack.

Edit: All players marked as "Needs to be Fixed" on the above list are now fixed for the next update. Bear with me on the historical guys. They will be fixed eventually, but there are hundreds of players that we used the wrong ID for due to roster errors so it will take time.

Last edited by FancySkunk; 03-31-2020 at 10:18 PM.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:55 AM   #133
Pendragon
Minors (Double A)

Thanks, FancySkunk.

Is it possible that my historical DB may be out of sync? Over the last few months, I've submitted reports of about a dozen players that are the wrong skin color (e.g., Don Baylor listed as Caucasian instead of African), and Spritze indicated he fixed them, but those fixes have never shown up for me. I still have to manually fix them when I create new saves.

I currently play OOTP 20 downloaded through Steam.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:06 AM   #134
qcbandits
Banned

There has been a ton of updates to the DBs that are used since then. It could just be an issue with the DB for 20
Old 04-01-2020, 03:37 PM   #135
ALB123
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Thanks, FancySkunk.

Is it possible that my historical DB may be out of sync? Over the last few months, I've submitted reports of about a dozen players that are the wrong skin color (e.g., Don Baylor listed as Caucasian instead of African), and Spritze indicated he fixed them, but those fixes have never shown up for me. I still have to manually fix them when I create new saves.

I currently play OOTP 20 downloaded through Steam.
Wow. I pulled up Don Baylor and the FaceGen for him is awesome! But, you're right. Don "I'd Rather Get HBP than Swing" Baylor is listed as Caucasian. I suppose a few errors here or there are to be expected, no?
Old 04-01-2020, 04:03 PM   #136
Pendragon
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALB123 View Post
Wow. I pulled up Don Baylor and the FaceGen for him is awesome! But, you're right. Don "I'd Rather Get HBP than Swing" Baylor is listed as Caucasian. I suppose a few errors here or there are to be expected, no?
I didn't really notice until I started playing with the camera zoomed in behind home plate. I just have a list of players now that I automatically edit for color when I create a new save.

For reference, if anyone is interested:

Al Cowens
Don Baylor
Dave Parker
Dusty Baker
Dion James
Don Newcombe
Dave Cash
Dave Winfield
Dock Ellis
Donnie Moore
Dontrelle Willis
Derrel Thomas
Dan Driessan

These are just players I happened to notice while playing.

Last edited by Pendragon; 04-01-2020 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:34 PM   #137
ALB123
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Dave Winfield

These are just players I happened to notice while playing.
Oh yeah...I totally forgot about Big Dave!! He was my favorite player as a kid and I started my saved game with the 1981 Yankees, so I saw that too. I had a good laugh at that. His FaceGen is so right on the money which made me psyched.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:28 AM   #138
qcbandits
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALB123 View Post
Oh yeah...I totally forgot about Big Dave!! He was my favorite player as a kid and I started my saved game with the 1981 Yankees, so I saw that too. I had a good laugh at that. His FaceGen is so right on the money which made me psyched.
in the modern DB, Dexter Fowler was white and Matt Chapman was black until i noticed it last year and reported it
Old 04-03-2020, 02:53 AM   #139
qcbandits
Banned

So, ok... While searching for another player, I found out that Tracy McGrady of the NBA pitched a few innings for the Sugar Land Skeeters. I created a FaceGen for him
Old 04-04-2020, 10:09 AM   #140
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

While we're one the subject of players with FaceGens of the wrong race, this is not exactly newly-minted Hall of Famer Harold Baines.
Attached Images

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote