Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-09-2019, 10:29 AM   #4961
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Sounds like the twilight zone, revmcgator! At any rate, I did update all three of my teams to include ziphbarrett on their friends' list. It looks like the interloper that stole your place are the Little Canada Walleyes, who used to be in the NFTP list several years back. It is possible that some teams might still have them friended.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 10:37 AM   #4962
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
Sounds like the twilight zone, revmcgator! At any rate, I did update all three of my teams to include ziphbarrett on their friends' list. It looks like the interloper that stole your place are the Little Canada Walleyes, who used to be in the NFTP list several years back. It is possible that some teams might still have them friended.

actually I think it's Coney Island..... the Walleyes are on the list in the other thread; but Coney Island is not
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 10:38 AM   #4963
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

Salem had a strong week last week - making it to the World Series and then going down. I'll take that...but there's room for improvement!

Over the weekend I managed to finish up all 5 of the Pirates collection (so, six if you count the collection of collection missions) and I've already done the Pirates live cards mission. So adding 4 new diamond cards to the team will (hopefully) have a big impact this season.

Famous last words, eh?

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS
Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!

Proud members of "Our League"!
sabakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 11:36 AM   #4964
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
actually I think it's Coney Island..... the Walleyes are on the list in the other thread; but Coney Island is not
Coney is my non-OL team did they get in that mix because its on the same license as my Boogie Knights? Coney has no friend list and in the last 4-6 weeks I only log into it on Saturday to see if I am making the playoffs.

It so bad that when I logged in to see who was in the knights division I didn't even see them there.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 12:27 PM   #4965
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Updated league placement for 2043. We had a strange situation in Gold:

OL Misses for 2043

Perfect
Clyde Truckers

Diamond
Woodinville Talent Thieves
Chippewa Grey Wolves

The Woodinville Talent Thieves got promoted from Gold and will take a break from the OL league.

They will try to get promoted to Perfect and battle some teams in the Wild West.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 01:28 PM   #4966
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
Coney is my non-OL team did they get in that mix because its on the same license as my Boogie Knights? Coney has no friend list and in the last 4-6 weeks I only log into it on Saturday to see if I am making the playoffs.

It so bad that when I logged in to see who was in the knights division I didn't even see them there.
Come out to play

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 01:34 PM   #4967
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Good luck friends in Diamond and Perfect. We are getting closer to an all OL Perfect League. Knights and Mundys are getting a rude welcome to Perfect by being placed with Washington and Southern.

Old 09-09-2019, 01:49 PM   #4968
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Good luck friends in Diamond and Perfect. We are getting closer to an all OL Perfect League. Knights and Mundys are getting a rude welcome to Perfect by being placed with Washington and Southern.
Are the 'keets a lefty team? Can't remember. If so, the anti-lefty Cottons could run us over.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 01:55 PM   #4969
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Are the 'keets a lefty team? Can't remember. If so, the anti-lefty Cottons could run us over.
Yup. Keets are all lefties in a lefty park. Yet, they completely stunk at home last year. Weird.

Old 09-09-2019, 02:08 PM   #4970
Magus978
All Star Starter

I suppose I'll track Gold B...the contestants there are...

Everett Silvertips
Missouri Legends
Nico-Nico Kneecappers
Rockin' Robins

Two in each conference...the schedule lined up perfectly, so everyone has 10 games.

Nico-Nico Kneecappers will play the Rockin' Robins 6 times (3 home and away)
Everett Silvertips will play the Missouri Legends 6 times (3 home and away)
Nico-Nico Kneecappers will play the Everett Silvertips 4 times (2 home and away)
Missouri Legends will play the Rockin' Robins 4 times (2 home and away)

That will decide the Gold B crown.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 09-09-2019 at 02:11 PM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 02:33 PM   #4971
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

but don't worry, they can always pull out the can o' whup-ass and beat up on Waffletown (but do it early... they seem to stabilize a bit mid season and then even out the ship by year end to a near-500 finish)
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 04:36 PM   #4972
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Welp, I have no idea how Washington will do this season. The Senators have been an all lefty team for quite a while now, at least since gold league when it first entered the OL. But I can never remember to make proper adjustments when playing other all lefty teams when in the playoffs (simply removing SP pitch counts is all that needs to happen but I can never remember to do it).

So, a few right handed bats have been added to the lineup, some RHP arms have been moved to the starting rotation, pitch counts were removed that killed the team when playing all lefty teams in the playoffs, ballpark settings were changed to reflect a more balanced team, and Larry Bowa was finally kicked to the bench where he belongs.

Time will tell whether this is a disaster or not.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 05:10 PM   #4973
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
Welp, I have no idea how Washington will do this season. The Senators have been an all lefty team for quite a while now, at least since gold league when it first entered the OL. But I can never remember to make proper adjustments when playing other all lefty teams when in the playoffs (simply removing SP pitch counts is all that needs to happen but I can never remember to do it).

So, a few right handed bats have been added to the lineup, some RHP arms have been moved to the starting rotation, pitch counts were removed that killed the team when playing all lefty teams in the playoffs, ballpark settings were changed to reflect a more balanced team, and Larry Bowa was finally kicked to the bench where he belongs.

I think I hwve Bowa on my all silver team.

Old 09-09-2019, 06:18 PM   #4974
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post

I think that it's a real drawback to be a lefty team in the playoffs because the counterplay is just so obvious and effective. The meta has been shifting away from lefties over the past few weeks, with no lefty teams winning the last 3 WS titles despite their prevalence in the playoffs.

That said, it's hard as a righty team to slog through the RHP-favored starting pitching meta, though Cigar City has managed for a while. But righty teams and balanced teams both have the advantage of counterplay in the playoffs being much harder to pull off.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 06:23 PM   #4975
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Schedule for OL S330

OOTP did its usual bang up job on the schedule and Friends List. I'll only comment on the one nit I've been meaning to pick. Their schedule balance is terrible. It's amazing how often teams who play each other 19 times have 10 of those games in a single month. I've done a lot of OL schedules and every season teams will not meet for three months and then play each other every other series. I seem to recall that the major league schedule was done by a few people with calculators into the 90's, at least. And they hey to factor in travel logistics. Ah well.
Attached Images
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 07:47 PM   #4976
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Ouch!

Just took my first looks at Port Ruppert and Asylum, and I think each team's promotion will be a mere one-season dalliance. The Mundys actually extended the Virginia Freeloaders to seven games in the Diamond world series to end 2042. It seems they'll be lucky to average 7 wins per month this year. Methinks Cy Young's POTY streak will be ending. It stands at 11, and there were rumors they might name the freakin' thing after him. The Denton True Trophy has a nice ring to it.

Asylum recently "earned" 250 PP for breaking a 10 game skid. I hope that's not a one-and-done reward. That could be their best chance at increasing the team coffers. The only upside is that they haven't started their real (as in OL) season yet. One interesting note about them last year. After the OL teams have no more potential games, I turn to getting the All Time Standings ready. Last night, while I was thus preoccupied, they beat some other team in the Gold World Series. Aside from the extra 1K, I was nonplussed. I realized I would have traded it for a hot streak that captured the OL crown instead. As OL-centric as my interest is, I was still somewhat surprised how at how nonchalant my reaction to it was.

Enough of my rambling. Time to check out Terra Incognita. Good luck to all this year, though the teams with the Mundys and Keepers on the schedule won't need much, it appears.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 08:38 PM   #4977
Magus978
All Star Starter

Very small sample size so far, but I think the Patriots are way out of their depth at diamond. No diamond+ pitchers and only one diamond player in general. As good as our hitters are, they will struggle against proper pitching.

Survival will take an act of RNGjesus...which means I'm pretty f***ed. Gold is my level until I get lucky on packs again (yeah, that won't happen for awhile)

Last edited by Magus978; 09-09-2019 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:50 PM   #4978
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
Very small sample size so far, but I think the Patriots are way out of their depth at diamond. No diamond+ pitchers and only one diamond player in general. As good as our hitters are, they will struggle against proper pitching.

Survival will take an act of RNGjesus...which means I'm pretty f***ed. Gold is my level until I get lucky on packs again (yeah, that won't happen for awhile)
You should change one of your teams to the Chicken Littles. Hehe

Old 09-09-2019, 11:27 PM   #4979
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
You should change one of your teams to the Chicken Littles. Hehe
I did preface it with small sample size, leaving myself an out if things turn around.

I do like how you're ready to pounce when I make a bold prognostication. Sure wish you'd pounce on someone else though.

Old 09-09-2019, 11:46 PM   #4980
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
I did preface it with small sample size, leaving myself an out if things turn around.

I do like how you're ready to pounce when I make a bold prognostication. Sure wish you'd pounce on someone else though.
Chin up. My Kaneohe Mokes just lost 21-6.