Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-01-2019, 01:31 AM   #3161
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
P404 Series:

Tied 2-2 after 4 games. I went into the 9th inning with a 4 run lead and my bullpen blew it after drawing the Fighting Chickens down to their last strike. Then, a 6-run meltdown in the following inning sealed the loss. It is anybody's series now!

Holy shoot. Thank you for these updates. I am out and have been following this.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 01:39 AM   #3162
joehart
All Star Starter

Looking For "Friends" to join "Our League".

Seattle Endless Summer team will be moving from Gold to Diamond.

I know we don't have a lot of Diamond teams but hopefully some of you can add the team so it gets pulled in on Monday.

They did not go far in the playoffs against non-OL teams but far enough to move up one level.
Attached Images

Last edited by joehart; 07-01-2019 at 02:33 AM.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:13 AM   #3163
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

P404 Title Awarded:

And it's over! The Bold Strategy Cottons are Perfect League Champions!

The Cottons took game 5 in a 14-11 shootout, a game consisting of 34 hits, 8 walks, and a total of 12 runs scored by both teams (8 to 4 in favor of the Cottons) over the last 2 full innings. Stan Musial came up with 2 outs in the 9th inning, down by 3 and 2 men on, and wasn't able to repeat his game-tying 9th inning 3-run homer that he produced in game 4.

The Cottons follow it up with a nailbiting 8-7 game 6 victory, holding off the Ewa Beach Fighting Chickens who scored 5 runs between the 7th and 8th innings to come back from an 8-2 deficit. This gave them the 4-2 series victory and the WS title.

Series MVP? Who else but the man, the myth, the legend, Garry "God Garry" Maddox of BSC, hitting 13 for 25 with 2 BBs, 6 2Bs, 1 HR, and 8 RBI along with his usual stellar OF defense. Possibly worth noting that Brett Anderson, debuting for the Cottons in this World Series, notched two road victories as he went 16.0 IP with 2.25 ERA to help the PL crown come home with his new team.

Next year the league grows from 9 to 12 teams, which makes OL representation in the playoffs all the more likely. And given that 2 of 3 OL playoff teams made it to the World Series, we might see this playoff matchup again soon.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks

Last edited by QuantaCondor; 07-01-2019 at 02:16 AM.
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:49 AM   #3164
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
any other up/down movement for next season? So far I show 4 teams moving up from Iron to Bronze (20 OL teams in Bronze league next season!)... 3 teams moving from Bronze to Silver.... and 2 teams moving up from Diamond to Perfect (11 OL teams in Perfect... pretty sweet we already fill up a third of a Perfect tier)... online sheet updated accordingly.... be sure to double check your friend's list and update as needed (especially with new additions who haven't been in the OL league yet)

anyone moving from Silver to Gold, or Gold to Diamond? Do we have any relegations in any tier?
Tacoma to Gold

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:36 AM   #3165
Edster007
All Star Starter

Iron and Bronze Finals

Victoria completes the double winning both OL and the league in Bronze.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:40 AM   #3166
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
Reminder to all in Iron and Bronze. I mentioned it at the beginning of the week I am about to get slammed at work with a heavy travel schedule. I will not have the ability to accumulate any OL stats until the week of July 22nd at the earliest. I don’t mind doing it but I don’t see myself having the time for a bit.
I can keep you covered for Bronze.

Last edited by Goliathus; 07-01-2019 at 07:02 AM.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:43 AM   #3167
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Leagues didn't come live right until I had to go to work but we did not pull either of the new teams into Gold. I think the updates happened so late that people didn't have a chance to update our friends lists.

Unfortunately, Tacoma and Washingtoon both ended up in other leagues. Everyone in gold please update your friend lists. I just did for both my teams. Apologies to the guys we missed.

Weird thing about G300 is that there are 6 OL teams in it, and each team is in a division by itself. So there may not be a ton of OL games played this year.
Attached Images
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:51 AM   #3168
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Should be interesting season in Gold this week. At least this way we could have all six teams in the playoffs, perhaps even as division champs!

Also, if I'm doing the math right, it means that every team will have the same number of games in their OL season.

Congrats to the Puppies on your double promotion. Seems like just two seasons ago we were playing you in Gold. Oh, wait...

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb

Last edited by BigRed75; 07-01-2019 at 08:52 AM.
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:54 AM   #3169
Edster007
All Star Starter

Iron only with 6 teams. My new team Everett Silvertips is off on its own. I did friend it with San Pedro guess that wasn't enough.
Attached Images
Old 07-01-2019, 09:11 AM   #3170
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

can someone post a screenshot of the Diamond league divisions when you get a chance? Thanks in advance

general housekeeping notes:

As the OL ranks expand, it's going to become more important to keep those friend's lists updated with new additions and the up/down movement for pro/rel shifts. So at some point during this week, I'd recommend everyone take a little time to go over their friend's list and make sure you have everyone covered in your tier plus the tiers ahead/behind you (this won't be possible for Bronze and Silver levels, as there are more than 30 teams in Bronze+Silver; so it's even more essential that you check in at some point Sunday night to make sure you have teams moving in/out of your tier).

Also, just to give everyone plenty of time Sunday to cover all the pro/rel shifts, I'd like to suggest/request that a screenshot of the final division standings are posted asap Sunday morning (to show any relegations), and then a screenshot of the playoff tree with the LCS/final 4 teams once that is set (typically should be around 1pm cst), which will also give plenty of time to update lists for promotions.
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 10:44 AM   #3171
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

Silver alignment. A nice mixture of OL teams in each division.
Attached Images
Old 07-01-2019, 04:21 PM   #3172
trevwilson
Minors (Single A)

It seems like I saw a link to a google file that had all of the teams listed by division somewhere but I can't seem to locate it. Can someone point me to it?
Attached Images

trevwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 04:28 PM   #3173
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevwilson View Post
It seems like I saw a link to a google file that had all of the teams listed by division somewhere but I can't seem to locate it. Can someone point me to it?
Our league friends list
Old 07-01-2019, 05:18 PM   #3174
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Cowboys: Continuing the tradition of collecting a Diamond pip and bowing out early in the playoffs. I surely hold the record for Diamond pips.

Vikings: The OL/World Series double has gotta be my biggest ever OOTP accomplishment. Very happy!

Crayons: I've set this team's friend list to "Random" as I'm getting it ready for tournaments and may be running an ineligible roster at times. Argonaut72 can be unfriended by people in Bronze.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:06 PM   #3175
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Diamond league schedule:

Roncalli: 31 games (19 home / 12 away)
Green Lake: 16 games (6 home / 10 away)
Seattle Pilots: 26 games (13 home / 13 away)
Transylvania: 12 games (6 home / 6 away)
Waffletown: 16 games (8 home / 8 away)
Seattle Endless Summer: 37 games (18 home / 19 away)
Old 07-01-2019, 06:15 PM   #3176
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Seattle Endless Summer team will be moving from Gold to Diamond.

I know we don't have a lot of Diamond teams but hopefully some of you can add the team so it gets pulled in on Monday.

They did not go far in the playoffs against non-OL teams but far enough to move up one level.
Off OL topic but I just got to log in for the first time today and you and I are in perfect together. The Explorers are quite a team. We go head to head tomorrow. Good luck
Old 07-01-2019, 07:57 PM   #3177
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

S300 Our League Schedule

This is the entire season, so some games have been played. Don't know if there were any playoff games with OL teams facing each other in perfect last season, so all time records will be delayed.
Attached Images
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:30 PM   #3178
Kushiel
All Star Starter

I want to add another team next week. I put them in EL this morning. They are the Antique Bulldogs. manager NelRay. Their logo is
Attached Images
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:58 PM   #3179
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

RIP Tyler Skaggs...wow...just 27. And Valbuena in the off-season. Angels have some tough emotional luck this year. Plus Skaggs just got married this summer. His poor wife...
Old 07-02-2019, 02:24 AM   #3180
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
Off OL topic but I just got to log in for the first time today and you and I are in perfect together. The Explorers are quite a team. We go head to head tomorrow. Good luck

Thank you.
I will have to take a look at the league tomorrow. The kids took over the Explorers a while back and just added a third championship. They go back and forth so now the other kiddo takes over management this week trying to do better than his brother.

I joined Kushiel in EL and will be adding my second OL team by next Monday.
I plan to work towards my old theme in PT19. Defense with Speed & Base stealing. Go Base Stealers!!!!

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote