Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 10 > FHM Mods

FHM Mods This is the place to check for mods for both FHM10 and previous versions.

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 12:52 AM   #1
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

The 'How To' Thread - Now Detailing Custom Expansion Draft Classes

This thread is combining advice from Several old threads to help you find your way!

How do I install Mods?
Original Thread: http://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/s...d.php?t=282082

Update to this: With Roster Updates, you’ll need to install them in the Current.quick as well to have the images become enabled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwal View Post
How to install jerseys and logos in FHM

Default installation and Steam users

Into your current saved game :
Copy the files into the appropriate folder (e.g. jersey_pics, logo_teams) in ..Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager \saved_games\your saved game name.lg\graphics

To have them every time you start a new game :
Copy the files into the appropriate folder (e.g. jersey_pics, logo_teams) in ..Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager \quickstart_games\OpeningDay.quick\graphics

If you have installed FHM in a different folder

Into your current saved game :
Copy the files into the appropriate folder (e.g. jersey_pics, logo_teams) in ..\your main FHM folder\data\saved_games\your saved game name.lg\graphics

To have them every time you start a new game :
Copy the files into the appropriate folder (e.g. jersey_pics, logo_teams) in ..\your main FHM folder\default_data\quickstart_games\OpeningDay.quick\gr aphics

How to install Facegen files and photo packs in FHM

Default installation and Steam users

Copy the Facegen files in ..\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager \fg_files
Copy the photo files in ..\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager \photos

If you have installed FHM in a different folder

Copy the Facegen files in ..\your main FHM folder\data\fg_files
Copy the photo files in ..\your main FHM folder\data\photos

Note for historical players
Replace "OpeningDay.quick" with "Historical.quick" when copying files to the quickstart_games folder.
Also to help out, A video tutorial: https://youtu.be/hDGlTy67tTA

How do I create Mods?

You can create your own Mods by manipulating images that already exist or using other community features like the Sweater Factory!

The Sweater Factory can be found here: OOTP Utilities – Sweater Factory

Original Thread: http://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/s...d.php?t=261694

You can also use templates to create your own jerseys with an image editor like Photoshop.

Pwal's template!

Pwal's adidas template!

Hockey13Playa's templates!

Fyrestorm3's helmets templates!

Solid Sweaters!

NHL Jersey Patch

How do I cut out X logo?

Short answer: Cut carefully! If you don't have Photoshop, use GIMP. It's free and fairly easy to use. Here is a tutorial walkthrough of how to cut out images!

Also, check out this website: Remove Background from your Images. It doesn't always work perfect, but there's an easy restore tool option or it could cut down on some other time for you.

How does Steam Workshop work?

Original Thread: http://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/s...d.php?t=271416

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
The Steam workshop is now enabled in the game, which should simplify the distribution of your mods significantly. To upload them, please follow these instructions.

1. Open the Steamworks tab in the start menu
2. Click on “Create Item”
3. Enter a name and a description and click on OK.
4. The new item will be created and published as a private item which is not visible to the public yet. You’ll see it the “your published items”.
5. Open the Workshop in your Steam client with “Open workshop” or go directly to the published item with the “Show” link in the table.
6. In this screen, you find options to delete the item, to edit it, to make it visible to the public, subscribe to it, and so on.
7. To add a preview image, click on "Change" beside Preview Image and select the path to your preview picture.
8. To add the data itself, you must navigate to the folder you're keeping it in. However, this folder must follow a specific format:
  • For example, you want to make a modified staff picture. Create the folder C:\FHM8proj\custdata\quickstart_games\OpeningDay.q uick\graphics\personnel_pics (i.e., you need a top-level directory, then one named \custdata\, and below that the precise path that the file needs to go to within the \Franchise Hockey Manager 8 folder - it needs to match exactly.)
  • To upload the file(s), click on "Change" beside Source Folder and choose your top-level directory - in the above example, it's \FHM8proj - do not go further down than that, or your mod will not install correctly.
9. Once that's done, you're finished. To test it, subscribe to the mod from the workshop screen of your Steam client, exit the game, then re-start it. You should see the message "This item is downloaded, click here to install it." Click that, and it'll install.

Edit: Looks like there's some weird formatting glitch in the example in step 8 - there shouldn't be a space in "OpeningDay.quick", but I can't seem to remove it.

How do I name my different Logos/Jerseys/Sweaters

Naming Conventions Original Thread:

http://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/s...d.php?t=271311

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Some of you may have discovered this already, but just a clarification on the naming format needed for logos/uniforms to update properly each year: if you have a logo/uniform that was only used in a single season, the correct format to use is, for example, boston_bruins_1948-1948.png, not boston_bruins_1948.png. If you do the latter, it'll get used as the default for all years after 1948 that don't fall into the year range of another file.

How Do I Create Rinks?

Announcing the Rink Factory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
All,

After converting my other web apps to desktop apps, I decided to use the same technology to tackle 2d rinks, based on Flying Canuck's template:

You can download the appropriate version for you here:

https://github.com/eriqjaffe/FHM-Rink-Factory

Last edited by Adam B; 03-02-2022 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Updated for FHM8 references
Old 11-12-2021, 01:22 PM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

How do I do a Custom Expansion?

Short answer: Watch this video!

Lots of Hard Work has gone into Mods, and if anyone here can help get some more of these up on Steam, that would be great for all players! The FHM8 Workshop is a little sparse right now, so the more we get up there would be greatly appreciated!

(If anyone wants to put mine up as well, just send me a PM)

Last edited by Adam B; 09-24-2022 at 05:22 PM.
Closed Thread