Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 08-17-2017, 08:34 PM   #181
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

there is no option to change number of teams or any settings as such and number of games and not sure I see anything dealing with teams in each division in American and National league
Attached Images
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 02:45 PM   #182
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I hate to suggest this. Would their be a youtube video showing how you setup a schedule ?? was a thought as I am more visual as that explains more than just reading instructions
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:28 PM   #183
txranger
Hall Of Famer

I can get a schedule to generate but it will not make the start day correct or schedule the off days correctly... I have a single division of 9 teams with 120 games and I am setting the settings.ini file as follows:

Start day as Monday
Monday|Tuesday as off days
Wed thru Sun as non-off days...

The schedule when generated has a no off days at all and the start day is day six...

Any help is appreciated...

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:57 PM   #184
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

txranger, post your settings file here (I believe you'll have to change the extension on the file to .txt to allow it to upload), and I'll have a look. r0nster, I'm on vacation, but I can give a video a spin when I'm back home. The quick version is that you'll have to open the file called settings.ini in the same directory as run.bat, and edit the settings there.
Fishbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:19 PM   #185
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Here ya go...
Attached Files
File Type: zip settings.zip (1.4 KB, 112 views)

Last edited by txranger; 08-19-2017 at 09:01 AM.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:13 AM   #186
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txranger View Post
Here ya go...
I had a look, and I see in the settings file that the days-of-week elements are commented out: any line which begins with a semicolon is ignored. Remove the semicolons at the start of those lines, and you should be good to go.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:29 AM   #187
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbreath View Post
I had a look, and I see in the settings file that the days-of-week elements are commented out: any line which begins with a semicolon is ignored. Remove the semicolons at the start of those lines, and you should be good to go.

Worked like a charm...

Thank you so much for making this program... Much needed and appreciated...

Old 09-01-2017, 03:05 PM   #188
siddharth
Minors (Single A)

it keeps telling me this -

Last edited by siddharth; 09-01-2017 at 03:12 PM.
siddharth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 03:31 PM   #189
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharth View Post
it keeps telling me this -
The problem here is that the scheduler imposes certain constraints on series structures for opponent pools containing odd numbers of teams. (The scheduler looks at each type of series and schedules series round-robin. Pools of odd size require one team scheduled for a break per series slot. So that each team has the same number of games, the scheduler requires that the number of series be a multiple of the round robin cycle time.)

In this case, the interleague series setup requires some tweaking. You have a few options. First, you can try enabling the matched interleague setting. That will combine the two subleagues into one opponent pool. That pool, of all 10 teams, has an even-numbered size, and will successfuly generate a schedule with no other changes to your settings.

If you want to keep two interleague pools, I would recommend a few changes: switch to three-game interleague series and play either 36 or 24 interleague games. (You can also try 4-game interleague series and 24 or 32 interleague games.)

Here are two options for you to try, both of which come close to your intention.

1. 30 divisional games, 32 interleague games, preferred lengths of 3, 4 and pool counts 2, 2.
2. 36 divisional games, 36 interleague games, preferred lengths of 3, 3, and pool counts 2, 2.

You can also try 32,32, 3,4, and 2,2, but that will yield imperfect home/away balance. (The extra 2-game divisional series throws off the home-away balancer.)
Old 09-02-2017, 04:10 AM   #190
siddharth
Minors (Single A)

does the divisional preferred_length has to be 4 i want it 3
Old 09-03-2017, 10:56 AM   #191
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

Quote:
does the divisional preferred_length has to be 4 i want it 3
Number of games divided by the number of games in a series has to equal an even number, is what it is telling you.

So, 32 games of 4 games per series equals 8.

Bottom line, plug in 32 games and see if that works.
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 11:15 AM   #192
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

@Fishbreath, this is EXACTLY what I needed for my NCAA feeder league!

See, I based it off teams from the 1967 season (since I have about 100 sets of "retro" uniforms thanks to TXRanger, and since I didn't want more than one college league I had to do something a bit different with my structure.

I've got 60 teams, 30 teams in each subleague, but the number of teams per division is not equal between them (due to how I set the league structure up, based on geographical location of the school).

So basically, here's my league structure - SL1_D1_T10_D2_T10_D3_T10_SL2_D1_T5_D2_T5_D3_T10_D4 _T10.

A bit of an unorthodox setup, but it's how I wanted it set up.

Now comes the tricky part. I wanted a balanced AND interleague schedule, since I plan on having a double-elim tourney at the end of the season.

I then looked at the settings file for the MLB schedule that was included, and saw how it was setup. Out of 162 games, 44% were divisional games, 37% were subleague, and 19% were interleague.

So I took those percentages and plugged them into a formula for each in my spreadsheet. For my feeder league schedule, I plugged in 50 games on my sheet, and it told me that I needed 22, 19, and 9.

But after many attempts at frustration, I finally figured out what the numbers needed to be in the series section to allow it to generate a schedule, and I ended up with 24, 18 and 8.

I then went into OOTP and had it generate a schedule from the league structure page, and went into the options and was pleased to see the schedule I had just made with your nifty little program!

I then tried all the other balanced/interleague combinations without touching anything else, and it created those too! (Attached for anyone that wants them).

Sorry about writing a book folks, but I am excited that now there is a semi-automated process for creating schedules.
Attached Files
File Type: zip schedules.zip (29.0 KB, 112 views)
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 01:48 PM   #193
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
@Fishbreath, this is EXACTLY what I needed for my NCAA feeder league!
Thanks! I'm glad it's working for your purposes, and I appreciate the kind words.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:16 AM   #194
siddharth
Minors (Single A)

is there anyway to randomize schedule eg i have a nba schedule type

so if team a is facing b c d e f after this it should be like a is facing d b c e f
Old 09-05-2017, 10:20 AM   #195
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
is there anyway to randomize schedule eg i have a nba schedule type

so if team a is facing b c d e f after this it should be like a is facing d b c e f
There's no way to enforce a cycle so that the schedule repeats after N years, but each time you run the scheduling engine, it should generate opponents in a different order.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:03 PM   #196
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Non_off_days_of_week setting is not being respected in some cases. Not sure whether it's a result of a non-Monday start or not.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:10 PM   #197
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Non_off_days_of_week setting is not being respected in some cases. Not sure whether it's a result of a non-Monday start or not.
Do you have an example file?

The non_off_days_of_week setting is more a suggestion than a hard rule, and only applies to the scheduling of non-weekly break days. In particular, it'll be ignored (at present) if the scheduler has no other option to avoid splitting a series up across a break day.

That may or may not be what you're seeing. I'll find some time to look into it if you have an example.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:14 AM   #198
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

My settings file uses fractional series lengths, which might not be supported with that setting. I'll try to reproduce the bug without fractional series involved.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:28 PM   #199
shaner_wils
Minors (Rookie Ball)

How do you get this to work for a Mac? I have downloaded Java but am not familiar with this program at all. i think I have downloaded it properly, when I drag the schedule generator over it says access denied. Could someone please help me figure this out
shaner_wils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 11:23 PM   #200
jmel07
Minors (Double A)

First of all, let me say thanks for building such a utility. I'm coming back to OOTP after an approximate 10 year layoff. Reading messages in my inbox from 2005 is insane. Enough with the flashbacks!

I downloaded the schedule generator and thought I had the hang of what it would produce, but since the results weren't as I expected, I figured I'd just ask the question and see if someone would be so nice as to comment and tell me if what I'm trying to do is impossible or not.

League Format:

1 League
4 Divisions
Division 1: 7 Teams
Division 2: 8 Teams
Division 3: 7 Teams
Division 4: 8 Teams

If it simplifies the problem I can always go to 4 eight team divisions. My goal is to play 1 3-game series against every team not in my division and then play divisional games for the remainder of the season. I was shooting for something like a 158 game season, but that's also not set in stone. When I attempted to generate a schedule with what I thought were the correct settings, I got a 205 game schedule and didn't seem to get any inter-divisional play.

Any help would be appreciated, welcome and enjoyed by me.

Thanks,
Jim
jmel07 is offline   Reply With Quote