Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 02-01-2012, 06:26 PM   #61
Jabez54
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

Old 02-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #62
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

April 2, 2001

Cut-down day… there are 133 players on the waiver wire! This is a great opportunity to slip a player through waivers because they are just so many names that good ones are often overlooked. I was determined not to let that happen, so I studied the list for need.

I need a second left-handed starter. Left-handed starting pitcher Dan Clayton, 34, was placed on waivers by the New York Monarchs. Clayton was 11-10 last season with a 4.33 ERA, but he had a 1.25 WHIP. He throws 53% grounders (yet he still allowed 32 homers in 206 innings). He has a career K/BB ratio of almost 3:1 although he does not have a dominant out pitch. He is an enigma, but he could be a very effective pitcher in the right situation.

He makes $9.5 million per year, but he is in the final season of that contract. If I claim him, I will get him because very few teams can just absorb that salary. If I don’t re-sign him, he would almost certainly be a Type-B free agent.

Would I rather have Clayton in the rotation than young Ron Sims? What if Sims blows up and the two journeymen that I have as insurance don’t step up? On the other hand, what if Sims is the next Todd Fletcher (or Jorge Figueroa) and I miss out by burying him in AAA for another season?

Maybe this is why I get the big bucks. At least I have two more days to think about it.

Otto Orcin
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #63
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Just a short note I've been reading as well.. love the approach!

Good luck this season!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:53 PM   #64
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

April 9, 2001

Subject: Week 1 Notes

Record: 5-1, .833, - GB
Position: 1st place
Runs Scored: 40 – 1st in Federal
Runs Allowed: 19 – 3rd in Federal
Defense: .739 – 3rd in Federal
Power Ranking: 157, 2nd in CBA
Owner Mood: Ecstatic; Fan Interest: 94/100

• The Los Angeles Vipers claimed both players that I tried to sneak through waivers, SP Andrew Clark and 3B David Rojas.
• I did not claim SP Dan Clayton off waivers and no other team did either.
• Team doctors diagnosed Silas Campbell with shoulder tendinitis and told the Louisville Colonels left fielder that he will miss 3-4 weeks. Campbell was hurt making a defensive play in a game against the Milwaukee Eagles on April 5.
• Harry Hall will replace Campbell in the lineup. Hall was my only left-handed bat on the bench and I want at least one so…
• CF Alonso Lopez was claimed off waiver from the Cleveland Rockers to fill the active roster spot. Lopez is left-handed and plays all three outfield spots at a “10” rating. His bat is the question. He is out of options so there will be a decision to make when Campbell returns.
• Ricardo Martinez struck out 11 in his first start, a 15-3 win vs. Phoenix. Hugh McGlone went 4-4 in the game.

And then, we have this story. Check back to post #27 for comments about this player being injury-prone and me not wanting to gamble on him staying healthy.

Subject: Injured Burleigh Out 8-9 Months

Adam Burleigh will have to wait a while longer. The Providence starting pitcher was informed this afternoon that he will miss another 8-9 months with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament. The injury has kept him off the field since 04/07/2001. Though Burleigh had hoped to return soon, he has no choice but to be patient. "Gotta stay focused," he said. "Gotta stay positive."
Old 02-02-2012, 08:30 AM   #65
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

April 16, 2001

Subject: Week 2 Notes

Record: 8-4, .667, - GB
Position: 1st place (2 game lead)
Runs Scored: 60 – 5th in Federal
Runs Allowed: 45 – 4th in Federal
Defense: .727 – 2nd in Federal
Power Ranking: 121, 5th in CBA

• 3-3 last week, 2-1 vs. Boston, 1-2 @ Salt Lake City, both are top teams
• Rookie 1B Chris Brown (.362/.412/.660) has been our best player
• SS Raul Martinez has 5 HR and 12 RBI to lead the team in both categories
• Todd Fletcher (3-0, 2.84) has been our best pitcher as expected
• Closer Mike MacIntosh is 5/5 in save opportunities
• Next week: @ defending champs Baltimore for 3, then home for 3 vs. Chicago
Old 02-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #66
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

April 23, 2001 (BNN)

Subject: Star of the Week Selected in Federal League

It's always a thrill for fans of the team and students of the game alike when a superstar in the making shows what he's got. Hugh McGlone, the Louisville Colonels 24-year-old center fielder, put himself in the spotlight last week making him the clear-cut choice for Federal League Player of the Week honors.

He ripped 14 hits in 30 at-bats, compiling a .467 average with 4 home runs and 6 RBIs.

To date, McGlone has collected 24 hits for a .375 average (fourth in the league). He has posted 4 home runs, scored 15 runs and driven in 11 runs. His 7 stolen bases are tied for third in the league.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:33 PM   #67
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

April 23, 2001

Subject: Week 3 Notes

Record: 12-6, .667, - GB
Position: 1st place (3 game lead)
Runs Scored: 94 – 3rd in Federal
Runs Allowed: 73 – 4th in Federal
Defense: .724 – 3rd in Federal
Power Ranking: 125, 6th in CBA

• 4-2 last week, 1-2 at Baltimore, 3-0 vs. Chicago at home
• We are currently 8-1 at home and 4-5 on the road, but our road games have been against tough opponents
• The pitching staff was hammered for 24 runs in three games vs. Baltimore
• C Julio Martinez was 4-4 with a homer and 4 RBI in a 9-4 win over Baltimore
• SS Raul Martinez leads the league with 7 HR and 19 RBI
• 2B Rodney Wright is in a horrible slump, batting .192 for the season. He stays in the lineup. I am confident that he will snap out of it soon.
• Our #1 prospect, 18 y/o lefty SP Chip Davidson, suffered a torn flexor tendon in his elbow and will be out for the rest of the season. Tough break there.
• LF Silas Campbell is eligible to come off the disabled list this week. I will not send him out for a rehab assignment.
• I signed two free agent starting pitchers to minor league contracts: 31 y/o right-hander Fraser Wall and 30 y/o left-hander Tom Gilbert. You may remember Gilbert. We did not offer him arbitration – saved some money on that move. Both of these pitchers will report to AAA Lexington.
• This week: Houston comes here for 3, then we go to Seattle for a 4-game series
Old 02-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #68
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

April 25, 2001 (BNN)

Subject: Latest Injury News for Brown

A blow for Chris Brown today -- team doctors were able to determine the full extent of his recent injury. He will miss 2 months with a partially torn labrum. Brown suffered the injury on 04/23/2001. The Colonels will likely place Brown on the disabled list today.

In 19 games this year Brown has posted a .320 average and put up these numbers: 6 home runs, 15 RBIs and 14 runs scored.

This was really bad news. Brown had a stat line of .320/.373/.600 and was a contender for Rookie of the Year. Veteran David Harris will be recalled from AAA and handed the first base job. I don’t have any other options at the moment. Brown will be back by mid-season, so I don’t want to make a knee-jerk trade reaction.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:04 AM   #69
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

April 30, 2001

Subject: Week 4 Notes

Record: 17-8, .680, - GB
Position: 1st place (3.5 game lead)
Runs Scored: 129 – 2nd in Federal
Runs Allowed: 99 – 4th in Federal
Defense: .717 – 3rd in Federal
Power Ranking: 132.4 ++ (2nd in CBA)
Owner Mood: Ecstatic; Fan Interest: 93/100

• 5-2 last week, 1-2 vs. Houston at home, swept a four-games series at Seattle
• LF Silas Campbell returned on April 27 and was re-injured in his first game, still awaiting the diagnosis
• CF Alonso Lopez was placed on waivers when Campbell returned because he was out of options. Orlando claimed him.
• RF Terrence Banks hurt his knee vs. Seattle and will miss four games.
• Todd Fletcher lost 1-0 to Houston, his first loss of the season.
• A familiar name was batting cleanup and playing third base for Seattle… Manuel Fernandez. (see post #2 if you don’t remember this name)
• This week: at Sacramento for 4, then back home for 3 vs. Seattle.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #70
Jabez54
Hall Of Famer

It's really tough losing Chris Brown ... however, having a deep squad ... the river of the Orcin's will continue to flow ...

Last edited by Jabez54; 02-03-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Jabez54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:17 PM   #71
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

May 1, 2001 (BNN)

Subject: Federal League Selects Rookie Player of the Month

Juan Aponte is still a bit shy, but then, who could blame the newest Federal League Rookie of the Month honoree? He hasn't been around the league long enough to fully know the ropes yet, despite the fact that he's putting up veteran-like numbers.

In April the Louisville third baseman tagged opposing pitching for a .281 average with 25 hits, 2 home runs and 11 RBIs.

Fernando Candelaria was a supporter of Aponte from the first day. My confidence in our new scout is growing.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #72
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

May 7, 2001

Subject: Week 5 Notes

Record: 20-12, .625, - GB
Position: 1st place (4 game lead)
Runs Scored: 150 – 2nd in Federal
Runs Allowed: 123 – 5th in Federal
Defense: .722 – 2nd in Federal
Power Ranking: 113.5, - , 4th in CBA
Owner Mood: Ecstatic; Fan Interest: 92/100

• 3-4 last week, 2-2 at Sacramento, 1-2 at home vs. Seattle
• Todd Fletcher (6-1, 1.70) leads the Federal League in wins and ERA.
• Star LF Silas Campbell received good news when the MRI on his knee came back negative. He missed a week between tests and the prescribed rest.
• SP Alfredo Gonzalez suffered a strained oblique and will miss two weeks. Ed Gibson will replace Gonzalez in the rotation.
• Jim Poole (4-0, 0.56 in AAA) was called up to fill the roster spot and will pitch out of the bullpen as the long man. Poole was the AAA Pitcher of the Month in April.
• 2B Rodney Wright was injured in a collision at a base. The diagnosis is pending.
• This week: 3 vs. Sacramento and 3 vs. St. Louis, all at home.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:28 AM   #73
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

May 11, 2001

Subject: Personal Message from 1B David Harris

Dear Mr. Orcin,

I am very happy playing in Louisville. I'd like to stick around after my contract expires at the end of the season, but I need to know if you are willing to work with me on a new deal. Let me hear your offer. I really want to remain with the Colonels. I love playing here and living here. It's a great organization and a wonderful city.

David Harris

Harris has started 14 games at first base since the injury to Chris Brown. He has a stat line of .354/.446/.563 in those 50-so at bats. Not bad. But his defense is below average, his speed is below average, and his poor work ethic is a bad influence on other players. He makes $1.1 million this season and wants a slight raise, but he would probably accept less.

I am not rushing to sign him to an extension, but I will think about it. I am not a big fan of signing extensions before I have to do it, unless there is a big savings to be gained on a young player. David Harris is not a young player.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #74
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

May 12, 2001

Subject: Injury Worsens, Return Delayed for Colonels’ Dean

Louisville Colonels reliever Kelly Dean informed reporters that he will be missing additional time because of a setback in his recovery from shoulder inflammation. "It's a bit frustrating, sure," Dean admitted. "I want to be out on the field. At the same time, I don't want to make things worse and miss even more time because I'm pushing it too hard." Colonels doctors told BNN Dean would not return for 2-3 months. (This is about a month longer than originally projected.)
Old 02-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #75
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

May 14, 2001

Subject: Week 6 Notes

Record: 23-15, .605, - GB
Position: 1st place (5 game lead)
Runs Scored: 181 – 2nd in Federal
Runs Allowed: 152 – 6th in Federal
Defense: .710 – 3rd in Federal
Power Ranking: 107.9 -- (7th in CBA)
Owner Mood: Ecstatic; Fan Interest: 92/100

• 3-3 last week at home, 1-2 vs. Sacramento, 2-1 vs. St. Louis
• We are 5-7 in May but injuries have played a role in the mediocre record.
• Silas Campbell hit 2 HRs in a game vs. St. Louis, going 2-3 with 3 RBI and 3 runs scored.
• Rodney Wright was diagnosed with an oblique strain and missed ten days. We did not put him on the disabled list.
• Lou Gordon got a long look at second base while Wright was out. He was good in the field, but he didn’t hit.
• This week: 3 vs. Indianapolis, then on the road for 3 at Houston
Old 02-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #76
Jabez54
Hall Of Famer

David Harris ... would of been an excellent candidate as a DH ... no worry with defense ... but then again, we will always remember Manny ... for he cares nothing ... but ... for Manny's sake ... ... Yeah, no rush ...

Last edited by Jabez54; 02-04-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Jabez54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:33 PM   #77
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Standings after 41 games:

Name:  standings_20010518.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  208.7 KB

Last edited by Orcin; 04-10-2015 at 03:12 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #78
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Louisville Colonels roster at 05/18/2001:

Name:  stats_20010518.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  441.0 KB

I have lots of comments on these stats, but I will let you draw your own conclusions. In general, I am pretty happy with the starters and not thrilled with the bench. The pitching is fine and I have no worries about the high ERA’s on a few guys.

Last edited by Orcin; 04-10-2015 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #79
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

May 21, 2001

Subject: Week 7 Notes

Record: 28-16, .636, - GB
Position: 1st place (7 game lead)
Runs Scored: 210 – 2nd in Federal
Runs Allowed: 166 – 5th in Federal
Defense: .713 – 3rd in Federal
Power Ranking: 120.5 ++ (3rd in CBA)
Owner Mood: Ecstatic; Fan Interest: 91/100

• Last week (5-1): 3-0 vs. Indianapolis, 2-1 at Houston
• The draft pool was released on May 16. There are some great prospects in there, but I don’t have a pick until #46 due to the signing of Alberto Gonzalez.
• Todd Fletcher ran his record to 7-1 with eight shutout innings vs. Indianapolis.
• Rodney Wright and Hugh McGlone were 4-5 in different games vs. Houston.
• Ricardo Martinez will miss his next start due to a sore elbow. I was relieved that it was not more serious. I pushed him up to 120 pitches in a game and then got the dreaded “Ricardo Martinez is injured and has to come out of the game” message.
• This week: we start a long homestand with 3 vs. Sacramento (19-25), 4 vs. Denver (22-21)
Old 02-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #80
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

May 24, 2001

I am not satisfied with the production at third base. Juan Aponte has struggled in May (.203/.276/.203) and might have hit the rookie wall. I haven’t lost confidence in Aponte; after all, he was rookie of the month for April. I just think it might be good to give him a few days out of the lineup. The problem is that I do not have a productive player to put in the lineup in his place.

Backup infielder Lou Gordon (.183/.219/.217) has been terrible all season. Ray Conley (.234/.329/.328) hasn’t been much better and certainly doesn’t provide enough offense to justify a starting corner infield spot. No AAA player has inspired me to promote them.

I made a contract offer to former Colonels infielder Julian Mejia for one year at $750K. Mejia was Louisville’s regular second baseman from 1996-1998 before Rodney Wright arrived. He split time between third and second last year, and did not perform up to his salary. He wanted a $5M contract and I opted to let him go free agent instead.

Now that he has come around to a reasonable contract demand, I am offering him a shot at the third base job where he would be excellent defensively (8/10 with a 10 arm). He has good speed and can steal a base. His stat line for 1999-2000 is .240/.292/.373, which is not good but better than the three guys shown above. Mejia is just a three-star player, but there are no five-stars waiting around to sign one-year contracts in late May.

Mejia will replace backup infielder Lou Gordon on the roster, if and when he signs a contract. Gordon is out of options and must clear waivers to be assigned to AAA.

Otto Orcin