Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-29-2020, 08:48 AM   #1
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Personnel screen needs a way to list all personnel

The personnel screen with only two options "Available" and "Pending Offers" leaves us with no way to view all of the "employed" coaches.
Why does that matter?

This thread started the conversation.. https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...20#post4610920

Well a couple of ways comes to mind. There is no way to view your own teams coaches and be able to see their ability in development influence and relationships once you hire them, with one exception. You can place them on your staff search shortlist and you can view these attributes however... those attributes will only show up for personnel on your MLB team. Your MiL team personnel's Dev and Rel will be blank. Of course one fix would be to make those categories visible on this screen. Keep in mind they were visible for these guys on the "available" tab under MLB transactions when you were looking for someone to hire. Should be easy enough to add here, I would hope.

If they ever add the ability to offer jobs to already employed coaches this is going to be needed. And if they don't it still gives a place to list and then sort to your team or organization to view all of your current personnel
with all attributes available to look at.

I would propose the easiest fix might be to just add "employed" "unemployed" check boxes in the filter. If not that then a dedicated tab for "all personnel".

Here is a screenshot showing my staff shortlist. Note that only MLB personnel and unemployed personnel have the last two columns filled in.
Shouldn't it be all personnel?
Attached Images
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 10:08 AM   #2
gnrobinson01
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I would propose the easiest fix might be to just add "employed" "unemployed" check boxes in the filter. If not that then a dedicated tab for "all personnel".
As a quick workaround, in the Staff Search tab create a filter for Team / Is Not / null and it should filter for all employed personnel.

Quote:
There is no way to view your own teams coaches and be able to see their ability in development influence and relationships once you hire them, with one exception. You can place them on your staff search shortlist and you can view these attributes however... those attributes will only show up for personnel on your MLB team.
I think the attributes in that view are limited to coaches on your team rather than coaches in your organization, perhaps an oversight.

It would be nice to have an attribute added for "organization" to filter on and create a view of in that tab in lieu of a manual shortlist.
gnrobinson01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 11:51 AM   #3
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnrobinson01 View Post
As a quick workaround, in the Staff Search tab create a filter for Team / Is Not / null and it should filter for all employed personnel.

I think the attributes in that view are limited to coaches on your team rather than coaches in your organization, perhaps an oversight.

It would be nice to have an attribute added for "organization" to filter on and create a view of in that tab in lieu of a manual shortlist.
Thanks for your input. I was moving between writing this post and reading the other and may not have been as clear as I should have.

Possible fixes for me would be to have the "available personnel" changed to list all personnel and then in the filter be able to designate "unemployed" or "employed".

Or they could make a "personnel" tab and keep the "available personnel" tab. This would mean the filter would not have to add unemployed\employed selections. This would also keep it in line with how players are done IE "Players" and Free Agents".

This isn't a huge issue by any means but certainly a "nice to have" that would only take a way to put data, that already exists, on the screen. And data that is already viewable but only under certain circumstances.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote