Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-26-2020, 12:29 AM   #1
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Season 53 (2071) / Season 1 (2020) Hybrid Discussion

General discussion thread for both 2.0 & 3.0 versions.

The Flyers have been quite experimental to this point in 2071. We're at 42-37 with a mad but methodic managing style. Our streak of playoff seasons is at risk but for now 42-37 is the best in my division.

Hank Aaron, Strawberry & Lance Johnson in the OF.

Campanella & Fisk catching.

11 different starting pitchers including the newly acquired Babe Ruth.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:51 PM   #2
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Looks like most people have cleared out of PT20 in favor of PT21. I am happy to report that 2 versions of the Frogs are now active, both the storied PT20 outfit that got its brains beat in last week in Whale League (ok, 77-85 isn't exactly relegation material) and the fresh, new PT21 squad that's clubbing baby seals in Rookie level.

The PT20 version will be the subject of this update.

It's an interesting league with a nice distribution of strong teams that I've crossed paths with before, or at least heard about.

The AL East favorite is the tournament powerhouse Palolo Puppies. The Puppies are a righty-overload team with 1 PL title, but probably a couple hundred tournament wins. In the AL Central, there's a really interesting battle taking place between the 11-time PL champ Parish WhoDats and the 7-time PL champ Kogarah Kings. We're not looking forward to facing either of them in the postseason. In the AC West, the 13-time PL champ Frogs are duking it out with the 7-time PL champ KP. We've been placed in the same division with KP on at least 3 occasions now, and I'm beyond tired of seeing the pop star avatar. The London Majors also have one PL title, but haven't been involved in the division race.

In the NC, we have the ayyy lmaos, an apparent chat-speak team with a single PL title, in the East. The NC Central is a tough place to live with the 7-time PL champ Windy City Summoners, the 3-time PL champ Victoria Vikings (on an 18-game winning streak!), and the 2-time PL champ Chiswick Big Wigs. The Summoners and Vikings are run by semi-regular denizens of the OOTP boards. The Virginia Redbirds are the only former PL title winner in the West. Not mentioned previously is Odense Karolina--this team has been breaking out the past couple of weeks with a very high win total compared to previous results. Maybe a team that decided to make a late investment.

The Frogs have scored 650 runs and allowed 294, for a meaty run differential of 356 (best in P454). We'll see how the playoffs go with a handful of serious contenders in each conference.
Attached Images

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 12:31 PM   #3
Orion
Major Leagues

I'm still activish. I saw a HOTM Josh Bell for 15k under market and pounced. He is an ideal upgrade over Chipper at 1b. Sad to see Chipper go but he was always the guy I could afford more than the guy I really wanted.

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 04:33 AM   #4
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Flyers 2071 Update

Going into the final month of the season, we're 74-59...in line for a wild card, hoping not to lose that, while striving for another division title.

Attached are a look at the league (P413) standings, my current primary (vs. RHP) lineup and their stats on the season, & alllll my pitchers.)

I kind of took a deep breath & laugh at the end of last week and am managing much looser this season than in previous ones although I'm still into it. I guess I kind of went all in on 2.0, so I'm kind of figuring the day will come (or less likely not) that I purchase OOTP 21 and get a team or two up & running in Perfect Team 3.0.

Thanks for playing.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Old 03-29-2020, 04:28 AM   #5
Warhawk
Major Leagues

White Tigers were in second place for much of the first half of the season but finished hot, ending the season on a 22-4 run to finish 115-47, winning the division by 4 games and taking the second seed behind H.B. Cube. Eck had his best season in a while, leading the league among relievers with a 1.26 ERA, his best ever mark for me, and he's been with me for 47 seasons. Still looking for my first title; tough road but we went 5-2 against Swaledale and 3-4 against H.B. in the regular season so I figure we've got at least a chance to get to the final.

Black Panthers finished 84-78 but still comfortable took the second wild card spot by a margin of 10 games.

Golden Lions down in gold took the top seed in the conference at 94-68, 3 games up on the other 2 division winners. Great season for Hugh Duffy, his best for me yet, led the conference in hits, runs, XBHs, SLG, and WAR, and was second in average and RBIs, good chance he wins MVP with that.

Didn't get a single decent player in any packs this season for any of my teams.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:10 PM   #6
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
Going into the final month of the season, we're 74-59...in line for a wild card, hoping not to lose that, while striving for another division title.

Attached are a look at the league (P413) standings, my current primary (vs. RHP) lineup and their stats on the season, & alllll my pitchers.)

I kind of took a deep breath & laugh at the end of last week and am managing much looser this season than in previous ones although I'm still into it. I guess I kind of went all in on 2.0, so I'm kind of figuring the day will come (or less likely not) that I purchase OOTP 21 and get a team or two up & running in Perfect Team 3.0.

Thanks for playing.
Settled into the wild card at 90-72.
Won a magical 7-2 contest against the Bridgetown Blues.
All but obliterated by the Bearsville Bears in the DS. That very unfortunate DS for the Flyers as of late... did take 2 of the games into extra innings. Their team way outclassed mine, though. C'est La Vie...

Old 03-29-2020, 05:14 PM   #7
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
White Tigers were in second place for much of the first half of the season but finished hot, ending the season on a 22-4 run to finish 115-47, winning the division by 4 games and taking the second seed behind H.B. Cube. Eck had his best season in a while, leading the league among relievers with a 1.26 ERA, his best ever mark for me, and he's been with me for 47 seasons. Still looking for my first title; tough road but we went 5-2 against Swaledale and 3-4 against H.B. in the regular season so I figure we've got at least a chance to get to the final.

Black Panthers finished 84-78 but still comfortable took the second wild card spot by a margin of 10 games.

Golden Lions down in gold took the top seed in the conference at 94-68, 3 games up on the other 2 division winners. Great season for Hugh Duffy, his best for me yet, led the conference in hits, runs, XBHs, SLG, and WAR, and was second in average and RBIs, good chance he wins MVP with that.

Didn't get a single decent player in any packs this season for any of my teams.

All lost in their first round, as usual.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:36 PM   #8
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

What the hell...might swell post.

Warbirds have made it to the finals for the 10th straight time.
With 6 PL titles in the last 8 they are riding some excellent momentum.

After narrowly escaping me 7 against the 9X PL champion Amsterdam Armada the Warbirds will host another multi (6X) PL champion Minnesota Bold North.
Old 03-30-2020, 12:59 AM   #9
daves
Hall Of Famer

#8 a little late.
Attached Images

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 01:43 AM   #10
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macacks View Post
Warbirds have made it to the finals for the 10th straight time.
With 6 PL titles in the last 8 they are riding some excellent momentum.

After narrowly escaping me 7 against the 9X PL champion Amsterdam Armada the Warbirds will host another multi (6X) PL champion Minnesota Bold North.
Lost in game 6.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:16 AM   #11
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

I already thought PT2 was dead, glad to see it's still working (for some). I haven't been able to log in most of the time last week (I was able to log in once in 6 days), can't register for tournaments etc.

Frustrating, pls fix.

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 09:55 AM   #12
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancariaz View Post
I already thought PT2 was dead, glad to see it's still working (for some). I haven't been able to log in most of the time last week (I was able to log in once in 6 days), can't register for tournaments etc.

Frustrating, pls fix.
It's around for another year. PT 1.0 ends in May.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 01:26 PM   #13
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Frogs won the division with 125 wins, but bowed out 4 games to 2 against the Parish WhoDats in the Sub-League Series. The WhoDats went on to lose to the Windy City Summoners in 6 games.

Unfortunately, I never got around to playoff-izing my team. Weird to think that a 5-man rotation was left to twist in the wind.

I blame omgpuppies for my loss, because his Palolo Puppies lost to the WhoDats in a 5-game Division Series. In another dimension, my Frogs don't even play the WhoDats (and instead lose to the Puppies, and I blame the WhoDats in turn).

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 12:20 AM   #14
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Frogs won the division with 125 wins, but bowed out 4 games to 2 against the Parish WhoDats in the Sub-League Series. The WhoDats went on to lose to the Windy City Summoners in 6 games.

Unfortunately, I never got around to playoff-izing my team. Weird to think that a 5-man rotation was left to twist in the wind.

I blame omgpuppies for my loss, because his Palolo Puppies lost to the WhoDats in a 5-game Division Series. In another dimension, my Frogs don't even play the WhoDats (and instead lose to the Puppies, and I blame the WhoDats in turn).
So instead of just blaming the WhoDats...

As for me, I made up my mind to leave blame out of the equation.
Somewhat unfortunately, I still blame myself from time to time.
So in a way I'm trying to follow your logic to exempt myself from blame.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 03-31-2020 at 12:23 AM.