Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:05 PM   #1
raslavens
Minors (Single A)

First Day in PT21 and First Time Buying PP -- How Should I Spend?

Played PT19 and PT20 as FTP only, and really enjoyed building successful teams with no additional $$$ outlay.

However, decided to give the game developers some love and bought the 175K PP pack as a thank you for the excellent diversion during these unprecedented times, but who am I kidding -- also to supercharge my first PT21 team! (Future teams will remain FTP.)

But just jumping in today, I'm not sure where to start and how to best spend my PP? Should I scour the AH for bargains, rip some packs or go for the missions (and if so, which ones)? Would love some advice.
raslavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:19 PM   #2
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Keep in mind that most everyone will give you their own opinion, and there isn't really a "correct" answer.

What I did with my initially bought PP was buy a ton of packs. This works for you in a couple of ways. For one, you have a pretty decent chance of getting at least one stud player from 175 packs, although there's a lot of chance involved. Prices on the AH can be very expensive early in the game cycle so getting them in packs can be more economical. The second way this works for you is that you get a lot of random seed cards toward finishing the collection missions. And, with selling some of the duplicates you get, you can probably fill in a couple of those collections to get you another stud card or three.

On the other hand, if you just want to shop on the AH, you could probably spread that 175K PP over 4-5 really nice cards. For example, I have a 100 Juan Soto up for 35K and it's a fantastic card, but it's been slow to sell due to the structure of the missions not requiring him for the Nationals/Expos collection. But, you could get a handful of useful players of that ilk for 30-40K a piece. Or, you could get one or two more expensive pieces for your team, and let those types of cards rack of PP week after week in achievements. The upside here is there's no element of chance involved (vs getting unlucky with packs). The downside with shopping the AH is you make no progress on the collection missions.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:36 PM   #3
bailey
Hall Of Famer

PT21 is different than what has gone before. The live collections should be completed and if you have invested $100 then you should have enough to complete it, if you don't overpay for stuff. You need 780 cards: 253 iron 374 bronze 138 silver and 15 gold if you aim for the "cheapest" cards in each collection. You get 39 reward cards some of which can be sold to recoup some cost and the rest form a solid basis for your team. No gambling required.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:28 AM   #4
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

Talking

it cost me 220$ to complete it, but I wanted it done before the season started.

My other two teams are free to play, with the Vikings only using players they get in packs and The Moo playing AH with PP earned.

But it did cost me 220$ to complete. I also have others cards with that money that hopefully will be used to complete other collections.

I know I do complain a lot but its like the story of the scorpion and the turtle. It's just my nature; however I also support the game fully.

--

Also, my first 100$ I used to complete the AL missions.

I have to learn patience.

Hope this is helpful.

HelpDodgers is offline   Reply With Quote