Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-08-2020, 09:13 PM   #81
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Right, so I know I don't post in these threads much anymore, but apparently this is happening:

First ever at Perfect level for the 'Glou.

Here's our roster:

Jesse Burkett got the call-up about two-thirds of the way through the season because Special Edition David Justice was hitting like the pitcher was throwing from 30-feet away instead of 60.

To be fair, this is one of the weaker perfect leagues I've seen. The only big boppers on our side of the conference, the 130-win Seattle Mac, got bundled out in the division series by the wildcard.

We went 91-71 in the regular season, primarily on the back of our pitching. Our ERA was 3.64, the first time I've been below 4.15 at perfect level.

We're up against the 101-61 Jenkintown Yuengers. They've only been playing since 2058. This is their second perfect level playoff appearance and our third (though we've been playing a lot longer to get those appearances than they have). Whatever happens, the winner will be holding a Perfect Championship Trophy aloft for the first time.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report

Last edited by Izz; 03-08-2020 at 09:23 PM. Reason: can't word
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 09:46 PM   #82
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Here's the other option (Hamtramck Tigers)...currently tied 3-3
This one I seen before. Magpies 2nd team. They beat my Woodpeckers in the series last week.

Last edited by daves; 03-08-2020 at 09:47 PM.
daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 09:46 PM   #83
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz View Post
Right, so I know I don't post in these threads much anymore, but apparently this is happening:

First ever at Perfect level for the 'Glou.

Here's our roster:

Jesse Burkett got the call-up about two-thirds of the way through the season because Special Edition David Justice was hitting like the pitcher was throwing from 30-feet away instead of 60.

To be fair, this is one of the weaker perfect leagues I've seen. The only big boppers on our side of the conference, the 130-win Seattle Mac, got bundled out in the division series by the wildcard.

We went 91-71 in the regular season, primarily on the back of our pitching. Our ERA was 3.64, the first time I've been below 4.15 at perfect level.

We're up against the 101-61 Jenkintown Yuengers. They've only been playing since 2058. This is their second perfect level playoff appearance and our third (though we've been playing a lot longer to get those appearances than they have). Whatever happens, the winner will be holding a Perfect Championship Trophy aloft for the first time.
Nice upset of the Wolverines. Good luck in the Series.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 09:51 PM   #84
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Nice upset of the Wolverines. Good luck in the Series.
Thanks!

We had to win Game 6 & 7 to get past the Wolverines. We beat them for the regular season division as well.

We romped to a 10-3 win in Game 1 of the World Series:

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
Old 03-08-2020, 10:22 PM   #85
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macacks View Post
Tale of the Tape:
Attachment 677788

Lefty Cheese! West...XII Roster and strategy makeup.

4 LH starters on 35-40 PC
Bullpen consists of the regular whale RH's.
2 Switch hitters and the rest of the team is full of LH's. Even the vs LHP is all LH.
Park Factors are full LH positive and Full RH negative.
Strong Defensively aswell.

Home field and RD are in favour of West...XII

Game on!
Well, Lefty cheese 2 Warbirds 0...no i mean literally 0, zip, zilch, nada.
Back to Back shutouts 3-0 and 1-0.

Panic in the mangers room. Several lineups being juggled.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:24 PM   #86
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
Thanks for the compliment.

Yeah, that does happen sometimes, I go to put in a Mookie Wilson, say, & I think why if I want to win. I simply remind myself I'm a Mets fan and it really does make sense to me.

mOOOOOOkie!!

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 11:36 PM   #87
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Up 3-1 with 1 game left at home. Can the 'Glou pull off the remarkable in front of their home fans?

Old 03-08-2020, 11:48 PM   #88
Caedus
Minors (Single A)

Got two PL sweeps tonight. Never thought by the end of the first year of PT 2.0 I'd have two F2P teams win PL in the same season.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:51 PM   #89
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caedus View Post
Got two PL sweeps tonight. Never thought by the end of the first year of PT 2.0 I'd have two F2P teams win PL in the same season.
'Gratz!

Old 03-08-2020, 11:59 PM   #90
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Here's the Aces
The defense on this team is atrocious, how many PL trophies have they won?

pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 12:03 AM   #91
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caedus View Post
Congrats on the great run in the postseason Caedus. Been in your league a couple times the past few seasons, was glad to see you were in the other conference this time.

That deadball stadium is tough to stomach.

pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 12:03 AM   #92
Izz
Hall Of Famer

We could not do it at home. An 8-6 loss, deGrom getting tattoed for 6 runs in 4 innings. Off to Game 6!

We did throw a 4 strikeout inning for 2500PP. I'm not gonna lie, when I saw the PP change at the OOTP start screen I thought it was party time.

Old 03-09-2020, 12:15 AM   #93
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Warbirds lose in 5.

Offence was shut down.

Fun week!
Old 03-09-2020, 12:16 AM   #94
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Parakeets with their third!

FTP Aina Haina Parakeets come from behind and take their third Perfect trophy!
Attached Images

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 12:35 AM   #95
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
Can Swaledale do it one more time and claim its first Perfect League title? Or will it be title no. 8 for Jonestown?
In a sweep, Jonestown claimed its 8 Perfect League title. But hats off to the Beer Nuts on their valiant run to the Perfect League Series!

As for Huntley's postseason awards, 1B Norm Cash (.316/.388/.536, 37 HR, 122 R, 151 wRC+, 5.3 WAR), SS Ozzie Smith (.328/.413/.449, 140 wRC+, 7.2 WAR), and RF Christian Yelich (.291/.371/.576, 38 HR, 149 wRC+, 5.5 WAR) claimed Platinum Sticks; CL Mariano Rivera (2-2, 46 SV, 1.18 ERA, 1.03 WHIP, 372 ERA+, 2.58 FIP, 2.1 WAR) took home the NC Reliever of the Year Award; and SP Rube Waddell (23-4, 2.38 ERA, 33 GS, 219.0 IP, 226 K, 1.11 WHIP, 9.3 K/9, 184 ERA+, 2.75 FIP, 7.6 WAR) won his seventh Pitcher of the Year Award. And although George Brett of the Portland 69ers took home the NC Most Valuable Player Award, Huntley's Cash, Yelich, Waddell, and Smith rounded out the top 5.

Good luck to anyone who is still paying attention in 2069!

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 12:54 AM   #96
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Frogs raced out to a 3-0 lead against the Arizona Aces and the PL Series was all but over...

...or was it? OH MY GAWD!!!

The Series is now tied 3-3 and the Frogs are at risk of getting reverse swept (post-Rams letdown). We actually got no-hit by 100 Lefty Grove in G5 and have become totally incapable of generating any offense.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 01:03 AM   #97
Izz
Hall Of Famer

It goes to Game 7 for the 'Glou. This does not bode well...

Old 03-09-2020, 01:05 AM   #98
Caedus
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
Congrats on the great run in the postseason Caedus. Been in your league a couple times the past few seasons, was glad to see you were in the other conference this time.

That deadball stadium is tough to stomach.
Thanks! My hitters can't stomach it either. I went this way when I got Walsh in the summer. I squandered almost 400,000 in points from gambling on packs from the only two decent cards I've drawn and sold on Tahiti, so it's been great to see.

Letterkenny on the other hand has had much better luck with gambling on packs and it finally translated in a PT win this year.
Old 03-09-2020, 01:37 AM   #99
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Just as I became resigned to the fact we were gonna get reverse swept, we didn't. Rube Waddell and friends powered thru in a G7 that wasn't all that close. Nice to cap off the Sub-League Series win over the Rams with a PL medallion as well. Next week, we'll be hunting for that baker's dozenth medallion...

Zack Wheat was very deservedly named PL Series MVP after a boffo postseason overall. Wheat batted .556 with 5 HR 15 RBI in the playoffs. HoF Ted Simmons got the party started in G7 against the enemy 100 Schilling with a 2-run HR in the 4th inning--the team would not look back.

100 Rube Waddell was masterful for the Frogs in this series. Not only was he the winning pitcher of record in G7, but he had previously tossed a 13-K one-hitter in G3. Waddell was an important bullpen piece against the Rams in the Sub-League Series, and dominant as a starter as the need arose against the lefty-batter-dominant Arizona Aces.

The haul of awards is pretty deep this year. Record Breaker 100 Pedro notched Pitcher of the Year and also League MVP (the first time a Frog pitcher has ever pulled off that feat). Great Bats to Wheat, Simmons, and Appling. Reliever of the Year to Ruffing (his 3rd). Only one Great Glove, to Ichiro in RF. These awards capped off a season worth about 34K PP.

Good luck to everyone this upcoming week! The final week where PT20 will exist in a world without PT21.
Attached Images

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 01:39 AM   #100
Izz
Hall Of Famer

And we lose in 7. Congrats Jenkintown! Party hard, you deserve it!