Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-01-2019, 03:38 AM   #41
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Catchers

Here are my all-defense catchers.

Tony Pena 76, def 138, ability 107, arm 111
Charles Johnson 74, def 136 ability 106, arm 108

Dream catcher is, of course, Johnny Bench, either the 100 or 91 card ... but his DEF stats for either card are slightly worse than Pena's or Johnson's:

Johnny Bench 100, def 123, ability 105, arm 93
Johnny Bench 91, def 131, ability 104, arm 104

But his hitting ... yeah. And the price.

There's a catcher named Mike Lieberthal who doesn't appear too much on the AH ... he's got some good stats that approached or even surpassed Johnson's and Pena's.
Renfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 01:46 AM   #42
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Even though I've been making my all-defense team for the last five seasons, I never really took a look at the Pitching Leaders stats until this season. It makes sense that having an air-tight infield (38 errors in 138 games) would lead to very low BABIP. Yet I'm astounded by this:

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Renfro; 02-02-2019 at 01:51 AM.
Old 02-02-2019, 01:09 PM   #43
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Current Defensive Lineup

1. Ozzie Smith - 2B (91)
2. Keith Hernandez - 1b (79)
3. Trout - CF (85)
4. Belle - DH
5. Buddy Bell - 3B (91)
6. Boone - C (120)
7. McReynolds - RF (117)
8. Suzuki - LF (102)
9. Aparicio - SS (110)

I think Ozzie will cap out at about 109 as a 2B

Currently 81-59 with a 3.5 game lead in the division.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 03:22 PM   #44
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Ozzie

You've inspired me to get Ozzie. He has a better Infield Error rating (94) than anybody on my squad.
Old 02-02-2019, 04:53 PM   #45
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
Current Defensive Lineup

Currently 81-59 with a 3.5 game lead in the division.

what level?
HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 05:06 PM   #46
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDesertAce View Post
what level?
Just silver right now.

As I advance up, if I advance up, it will be time to start paying attention to the pitching.
Old 02-04-2019, 03:23 AM   #47
LandiHero
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I was just snooping around the defensive ratings in my league, and Chet Lemon (88) is a super good center fielder at 98, and he's got pretty good power for someone with that high defense. Average price looks to be around 5000, but I'm not sure how often he's on the market.
On my team, I've been using Andre Dawson (87) since I got him in a pack, he's gotten both silver slugger and gold glove at center with an 85 rating for just a little cheaper.
If you're really looking to get every spot upgraded, Kyle Freeland (79) has gotten the pitching gold glove back to back and always helps out his own stats.
LandiHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:03 AM   #48
Maddox
All Star Reserve

My team added 4 great gloves to their awards shelf

McReynolds in RF
Suzuki in LF
Aparicio at SS
Molina at C

I actually replaced Molina with Bob Boone late in the year. He is a 120 rated C.

Ozzie Smith should be in the running next season as he got his 2B rating up to 94 so he is now a better rated 2B than he is at SS
Old 02-04-2019, 09:10 AM   #49
mess
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renfro View Post
Here are my all-defense catchers.

Tony Pena 76, def 138, ability 107, arm 111
Charles Johnson 74, def 136 ability 106, arm 108

Dream catcher is, of course, Johnny Bench, either the 100 or 91 card ... but his DEF stats for either card are slightly worse than Pena's or Johnson's:

Johnny Bench 100, def 123, ability 105, arm 93
Johnny Bench 91, def 131, ability 104, arm 104

But his hitting ... yeah. And the price.

There's a catcher named Mike Lieberthal who doesn't appear too much on the AH ... he's got some good stats that approached or even surpassed Johnson's and Pena's.
I actually opened up the 100 Bench a couple weeks ago. He's amazing.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:16 PM   #50
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mess View Post
I actually opened up the 100 Bench a couple weeks ago. He's amazing.
Is that the Bench with OF defensive ratings high enough to play a passable CF?

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:24 PM   #51
daves
Hall Of Famer

Talk about defense upgrades, I forgot about pitcher field ratings. I lost Game 7 of the LCS because my pitcher made 2 errors. I might need to examine Pitcher field ratings when upgrading my staff.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 11:07 AM   #52
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Shoutout to Maddox.

After seeing your first thread, I converted one of my teams into this mold.

That team immediately won their Bronze league. It took 3 years in Silver to finally make the jump to Gold. I had the best team in the league for 3 years and finally won it in year 3.

Last week was this team's first year in Gold. Not only did it win the most games in the league, but it only lost 1 game in the playoffs to win the championship there.

First time ever in Diamond with any team. This team has won 102 games or more for 5 straight seasons. Not expecting the same success.

Added DeGrom in celebration for that Gold league championship last night.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:19 AM   #53
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Shoutout to Maddox.

After seeing your first thread, I converted one of my teams into this mold.

That team immediately won their Bronze league. It took 3 years in Silver to finally make the jump to Gold. I had the best team in the league for 3 years and finally won it in year 3.

Last week was this team's first year in Gold. Not only did it win the most games in the league, but it only lost 1 game in the playoffs to win the championship there.

First time ever in Diamond with any team. This team has won 102 games or more for 5 straight seasons. Not expecting the same success.

Added DeGrom in celebration for that Gold league championship last night.
Mine team has come in first in their division every year (twice each in bronze and silver, and once in gold) but only made one series appearance and lost that series.

Their overall record is 520-317

They have become my main team. I barely check my other teams now, although I have been thinking of another experiment. an All Contact/gap team with decent defense and a park settings set to limit HR and focus on extra base hits. It is a little daunting to start a rebuild though and many of those players that I have scoped out are not cheap.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:13 AM   #54
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Mine team has come in first in their division every year (twice each in bronze and silver, and once in gold) but only made one series appearance and lost that series.

They have become my main team. I barely check my other teams now, although I have been thinking of another experiment. an All Contact/gap team with decent defense and a park settings set to limit HR and focus on extra base hits. It is a little daunting to start a rebuild though and many of those players that I have scoped out are not cheap.
That explains my 2nd team perfectly. I started out with an OF of FL Robles/Acuna/Ichiro and now have Betts/Maddux/FL Robles.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 10:41 AM   #55
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

This is what I've done with the team I mentioned above. I'm sure there are some improvements to be made, but some of them would be pretty expensive.

Here is my team.

My SP are deGrom, Kluber, Cole, Dierker & Soroka

C - Posey
1B - Freeman
2B - Altuve
3B - Arenado
SS - Simmons
LF - Robles
CF - Maddox
RF - Trout
DH - Dave Parker

Machado is my main IF backup and Pollock for OF.

I have avg & doubles at the max and HR at the min. My next objective is to find a player that can play 1B better than Freeman and better offensively as well.

This team is 16-10 in Diamond.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 10:49 AM   #56
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
This is what I've done with the team I mentioned above. I'm sure there are some improvements to be made, but some of them would be pretty expensive.

Here is my team.

C - Posey
1B - Freeman
2B - Altuve
3B - Arenado
SS - Simmons
LF - Robles
CF - Maddox
RF - Trout
DH - Dave Parker

I have avg & doubles at the max and HR at the min. My next objective is to find a player that can play 1B better than Freeman and better offensively as well.

I have both 82 Carew and 80 Mattingly on my team with a park like that and they both hold their own at perfect.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:26 AM   #57
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:

Here is my team.

C - Posey
1B - Freeman
2B - Altuve
3B - Arenado
SS - Simmons
LF - Robles
CF - Maddox
RF - Trout
DH - Dave Parker

Looks like you have a team that is much more balanced between Defense and Offense. I think I have 4 or 5 players who are over 100 ranked at their current positions. So in other words I took my defense to the extreme, at times to the detriment of the offense.

Suzuki - LF
McReynolds - RF
Ozzie Smith - 2B
Aparicio - SS
Boone - C

The others are good defensive players for their position

Hernadez - 1B
Buddy Bell - 3B
Perfect Trout - CF

I think those are correct but I am not at my PC so I can't say for certain. I know that My teams Zone Rating every year dwarfs every other team in the league. One year I had a Zone Rating over 100 while the next closest team was maybe in the 20's.

Last edited by Maddox; 02-19-2019 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:12 PM   #58
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Looks like you have a team that is much more balanced between Defense and Offense. I think I have 4 or 5 players who are over 100 ranked at their current positions. So in other words I took my defense to the extreme, at times to the detriment of the offense.

Suzuki - LF
McReynolds - RF
Ozzie Smith - 2B
Aparicio - SS
Boone - C

The others are good defensive players for their position

Hernadez - 1B
Buddy Bell - 3B
Perfect Trout - CF

I think those are correct but I am not at my PC so I can't say for certain. I know that My teams Zone Rating every year dwarfs every other team in the league. One year I had a Zone Rating over 100 while the next closest team was maybe in the 20's.
2b seems to be a tough position to find good defense at/
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:19 PM   #59
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Johnny Pesky.... trains up fast at 2B... 7 straight great glove awards for my pack-only team (and has a solid bat, depending on your level... won the batting title a couple years ago for me in silver league)
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:17 PM   #60
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Not if you're open to training a SS there.