Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 4 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-09-2017, 01:03 PM   #1
pens66
Major Leagues

[Challenge Mode] can't continue

In the Pittsburgh Penguins challenge I managed to exceed the contract maximum by signing two free agents on the same day. Two Russians by the way, which felt a little awkward. I'm still in the pre-season.
Now if I try to initiate a trade I do not get an immediate response and can't correct things like that. I also can not buyout a player, the game tells me that's only possible in the off-season. Waiving a player is also not possible, probably because I'm still in pre-season. I also can not edit a player's contract, because commissioner mode is dissabled in challenge mode.
So: I'm stuck.

Oh, and when I try to change a player's jersey number by right-clicking on his name the option is greyed out. If I go to a player's profile and then try to change the jersey number via drop-down menu it is not greyed out and thus working.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 05:58 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Just to be clear - you were at 49 and it let you sign 2 more, or you were at 50 and it did? It should've stopped the excess signing in either case, but it'll help to know where the issue is.

We'll check the right-click option for the jersey, it may have something to do with the new number assignment system getting implemented.

Edit: which screen were you looking at when you were unable to right-click to change the number? I've tried it in a few places but it worked OK in each.

Last edited by JeffR; 10-10-2017 at 02:34 AM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 04:31 PM   #3
pens66
Major Leagues

I guess I had 49 players. I didn't look it up to be honest. I just signed the two guys and the game never gave me a warning.
Maybe it has something to do with the glitch about signing Russian players at times where you shouldn't be allowed to, which you mentioned at some other thread?

About the numbers: I stumbled across this on my roster screen. But further testing reveals it happens on various screens (depth chart, tactics, etc.).

I tried to replicate the exceeding the contract maximum thing. I couldn't do it. Which is kinda good, I guess. The only idea I have is the fact that I put a player on injured reserve on the same day I signed the two Russians. Maybe that broke something in some way.
Attached Images
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 04:51 PM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

We haven't been able to find anything that could cause it so far; the second signing that put you at 51 is normally always blocked. But the injured reserve list thing helps, we'll take a look there.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote