Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-27-2020, 08:33 PM   #1
BKuszWhy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

tournament roster help

Any help with following problem would be greatly appreciated. I love entering the perfect team tournaments. However, every time I enter one, it is a mad scramble to try to get a roster set before it starts. I try the AI roster option but it normally had cards on the roster that are ineligible and the lineup might have 10 relievers (happened twice), seven catchers (happened once). I find myself scrambling to put cards in that I want, deactivating eligible cards from the AI roster, etc. Is there a way I can set a roster, of my choosing, for a particular type of tournament and save that forever for future use? I currently have over 1200 cards and the AI's choice leaves a lot to be desired most of the time. Also, will this have to be done for each particular type of tournament...i.e., bo5, bo7, cap, silver, live, non-live, etc. I would love to continue entering tournaments but it is quite the job trying to scramble and fix roster issues before every single tournament. Thanks again for any help!
BKuszWhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:34 PM   #2
BKuszWhy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Sorry, the above post should read 'deactivating ineligible cards' not eligible cards.
BKuszWhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 12:29 PM   #3
halfbutt
Minors (Double A)

This just happened to me in that the tournament started before I had my roster & lineups set. I wound up with 22 players on my active roster and of course, not the ones I would have chosen. I did win a game, which was impressive considering I only had three starting pitchers, but I am hoping once I've been swept, that I can then take all the time I need to edit things to my liking, then save for the next time.

Hopefully that works.
halfbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 01:10 PM   #4
skep
Minors (Double A)

They should add a tournament builder so you can build teams and export them without the pressure of a time limit.

As for what you can do with what we've got, I build my teams during off-peak hours and find a tournament I can enter that won't start for some time. Then I export the roster. When time comes to enter the tournaments quickly, you can just import and submit.

If you wanna be lazy, there's another option. Inactivate all ineligible cards, activate all eligible cards, let AI do it's thing. Won't be *your* team, but it will be a serviceable entry.

skep is offline   Reply With Quote