Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-29-2019, 03:37 PM   #1
Anyone
Major Leagues

I bought this year's at the All Star Break sale, and now a new, maybe larger, problem

After getting everything set up, I went to play my first season. But there is a deleted minor league that the system recognizes as still existing. But I cannot access it.

I can export the league structure and I see it there. But I can't remove it from the league structure and re-import it, nor can I access it from wothin the game.

The purge function didn't make the game recognize the league should not exist. The reason it's a huge problem is that the game won't play, because its rosters aren't filled. I can't fill the rosters or delete the league or do anything, because the game only recognizes it to try to play its games, or when I export it to something I can't re=import from; but not to give me any access to the league in-game.

How do I get rid of the thing?

Edit to add: I found it in the list in the league editor, and I deleted all teams from it. Now it fails to clear the schedule because its season already started. I could add two teams and fill them with players, or better yet delete the league; but the main interface won't recognize it.

And to be clear, I'm not a newbie to ootp. I've played for years, skipped a year because it wouldn't iport my game, then decided to get it at the all-star break this season at the discount. The game just doesn't provide all the tools needed to fix when something goes wrong, is my only complaint. Let me export the league structure to XML, remove the problem league, and then re-import it, if it can;t be through the main editor.

Last edited by Anyone; 08-29-2019 at 04:25 PM.
Anyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 03:59 PM   #2
Anyone
Major Leagues

It's almost okay now. It just takes extra time to play each day as it clears the schedule for the league that has no teams (which takes as long as playing the days) but isn't as awful as not being able to play.

But this is the sort of bug...I see things with invisible teams and the like in past posts from searching for info on this issue. Any league that can be accessed in the league structure editor and schedule editor, should be accessible in the main menu, and then I could just flat out delete the thing.
Old 08-29-2019, 05:39 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

try re-creating league... either a hiccup or an accidental user-error during creation. really doesn't matter, if it fixes it. i wouldn't use a template of that league, of course.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 06:17 PM   #4
Anyone
Major Leagues

Well, it worked out.

After I was able to delete the teams and for several days it did the "clearing schedule" thing before playing the games in the real leagues, it finally went back to working normally.

So, if someone finds this thread in a search about phantom leagues, what they should know is to look in the league structure editor where they can found, and delete all the divisions (thus the teams, and it should work out, it seems....