Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-28-2019, 09:35 PM   #4641
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
So I think that is basically right --- there is a huge difference between the low 90s (90-94), and (95-100). However, there are notable exceptions in both categories.

95+ OL=compliant SPs to stay away from:

96: Ryan, Soto, and Vander Meer
95: Lincecum, Jenkins, and Cone

< 95 OL-compliant pitchers that can be ok:
94: Sabathia, Plank, Reuschel, Carlton
93: Schooler, Moore
92: Carlos, Maddux, Trout, Myers, Sad Sam Jones, Rogers
91: Astacio
89: Maddux

HIgh MOV is very important in perfect (about equal to CON+STU together). CON follows, STU is less important. CON below 50 is bad.

So what are the best values/deals <= 30k on OL-compliant pitchers, in my opinion?

#1, by a wide margin: Eddie Plank (94): He is much cheaper on AH (about 20-22k) than other pitchers at his level. Why is he so cheap? Primarily because his collection (Oakland LIVE) is so cheap to complete. It generally can be completed for 15k-18k. So that is a great <=20k option that just about anybody can do.
#2: Robin Roberts(95): I have no idea WHY he goes for less than 20k, but he does, consistently.
#3: Reuschel(94): around 25k, slightly worse than Plank
#4. Sabathia(94): Right around 30k... slightly better pitcher than Plank, but more expensive.

It pains me to say because I have vivid memories of 1978 but you can add Guidry to the stay away from list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 10:49 PM   #4642
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
I guess the same arguments being made here are true somewhat for relievers, but relievers are less stratified and with more options for F2P at lower rarities. For example, it's well known that Borbon, Hersh Freeman, Howe, Fingers, etc. are totally passable relievers, but their impact on team performance is less important than it is for SPs.
I hope I am doing the right thing by going with a bargain basement bullpen.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 11:27 PM   #4643
Argonaut
All Star Starter

I think my copy of OOTP is broken and needs fixing. I've got half my back-to-back Perfect Series appearing Vikings batting below the Mendoza Line. My boy Griffey who has a gigantic trophy case has gone from a 6.0 WAR season to being on pace for -2.2 WAR.

What gives, Junior? He's still smiling. Get angry!
Attached Images
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 12:01 AM   #4644
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Yeah, what's up with the Vikings this year? Maybe some teams have finally figured out how to counter the lefty thing, and they are in your division...

So I took a look, and that might well be the case. The Palolo Puppies are in a righty ball-park and have two left-hand starters. The Caspers have an all-right hand strong-hitting lineup against lefties, which means when they are at home they can dominate your pitching, and they also have two lefties in their starting rotation. The Syrups also have two lefties among their starters.

Meanwhile, California is also in your division, is also a lefty ballclub, and after five straight playoff appearances, is also under .500 this year.

Maybe the lefty-meta is finally losing its sting.

What I have been thinking is that having two or three lefties in your starting rotation (if you can micromanage to actually have them do the starting when you are visiting the lefty ballpark so much the better), and a lineup against lefties that has very strong splits against lefties is the key to beating a lefty team.

I have intentionally worked on the Caspers to help counter a lefty ballclub and it looks like it might be working.... Obviously Palolo has, too. .

Last edited by allenciox; 08-29-2019 at 12:14 AM.
allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 12:31 AM   #4645
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Yeah it's a bit of countering and a bit of bad luck. I have woeful BABIPs. But interestingly my team has actually done better against LHP than RHP.

The Vikings have played a whole lot more road games than home games, and are starting to get a better record going. So they'll finish stronger. But it's probably too late to make the playoffs.

Meanwhile, in a random Perfect League the Cowboys are 1st in their division despite being much more unlucky than the Vikings in card draws and card sales.

So the Our League Perfect League is very competitive.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:52 AM   #4646
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Yeah, what's up with the Vikings this year? Maybe some teams have finally figured out how to counter the lefty thing, and they are in your division...

So I took a look, and that might well be the case. The Palolo Puppies are in a righty ball-park and have two left-hand starters. The Caspers have an all-right hand strong-hitting lineup against lefties, which means when they are at home they can dominate your pitching, and they also have two lefties in their starting rotation. The Syrups also have two lefties among their starters.

Meanwhile, California is also in your division, is also a lefty ballclub, and after five straight playoff appearances, is also under .500 this year.

What I have been thinking is that having two or three lefties in your starting rotation (if you can micromanage to actually have them do the starting when you are visiting the lefty ballpark so much the better), and a lineup against lefties that has very strong splits against lefties is the key to beating a lefty team.

I have intentionally worked on the Caspers to help counter a lefty ballclub and it looks like it might be working.... Obviously Palolo has, too. .
Yay Puppies!!! Yay for being contrarian!

Old 08-29-2019, 06:35 AM   #4647
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Birds Soar in OL S314

On the strength of a 13-6 month, Redmond found itself roosting in the catbird seat, while, dare I say, I pity the fool who had to square off against Southside, as the Sluggers pounded out a 12-1 record. Steelport grabbed the third spot, posting a 10-3 mark, and Everett drew closer to the race, going 8-1.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 07:36 AM   #4648
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Perfect league update:

Washington maintains their lead at the halfway mark.
Attached Images
Image Image 
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 07:50 AM   #4649
Charlatan
All Star Starter

D355 Update

Impalers Vault to Top of Dogpile in Diamond OL

The Transylvania Impalers rode a 7-2 mark in June to take over the top spit in Diamond. They're not in the clear, though, as there's still a pack of contenders right behind them, fighting for the top.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 10:19 AM   #4650
Diezwraths
Minors (Single A)

G307

Sanguine takes the lead with a 0-0 record last month. Sanguine, along with Arkham, are the only OL team in their respective divisions.

Sanguine only has one OL series after this month, with a strong month they could be tough to catch!

Name:  gold 2040.PNG
Views: 149
Size:  15.0 KB

Name:  gold 2040v2.PNG
Views: 158
Size:  42.4 KB

F2P Packs
Diezwraths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 12:22 PM   #4651
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
Perfect league update:

Washington maintains their lead at the halfway mark.
NC East is interesting with all teams playing .500 ball at the halfway point in the season. Great to see 2 of the 4 interlopers looking at relegation.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 01:40 PM   #4652
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
NC East is interesting with all teams playing .500 ball at the halfway point in the season. Great to see 2 of the 4 interlopers looking at relegation.
One of those interlopers is one of Charlatan's teams. Ha.

Old 08-29-2019, 02:04 PM   #4653
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
One of those interlopers is one of Charlatan's teams. Ha.
Ha, didn't realize that.
Old 08-29-2019, 02:05 PM   #4654
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Pappyzan, you had such a nice sig with a full ribbon of trophies, where did it go? Decided to go full humble?
Old 08-29-2019, 02:23 PM   #4655
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Pappyzan, you had such a nice sig with a full ribbon of trophies, where did it go? Decided to go full humble?
I like the ribbons and they're well done graphically, but they're too large for my tastes. The ribbons typically take up more space than the message content.

If I could make it smaller I'd use it, but I haven't figured out how to code it to shrink/resize it. It might not be an available option in vBulletin, I dunno.
Old 08-29-2019, 03:01 PM   #4656
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
I like the ribbons and they're well done graphically, but they're too large for my tastes. The ribbons typically take up more space than the message content.

If I could make it smaller I'd use it, but I haven't figured out how to code it to shrink/resize it. It might not be an available option in vBulletin, I dunno.

I don’t believe there is an easy option available.
VBulletin is pretty locked down so you can’t easily set your preferred image size in the options or via tags.

But you can save/resize/upload to external website/replace URLs.
At 70%, it looks a little smaller.

Last edited by joehart; 08-29-2019 at 03:07 PM.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 03:22 PM   #4657
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
I don’t believe there is an easy option available.
VBulletin is pretty locked down so you can’t easily set your preferred image size in the options or via tags.

But you can save/resize/upload to external website/replace URLs.
At 70%, it looks a little smaller.
Yep, 70% is a much better size. Dunno if I'd want to manually do that every time there's a change in one of the ribbons, but it indeed looks better.
Old 08-29-2019, 04:53 PM   #4658
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:

I think that flexibility is the key to victory here. Top-end starters are going to be good no matter their opponent, but the back end of your rotation should really be flexible depending on your divisional opponents. Obviously micromanaging games so you can get all the best matchups is the ideal thing, but more realistic is just readjusting your rotation and possibly bullpen depending on your divisional opponents at the start of each week.

It's too bad we can't have a system with consistent teams in consistent divisions. Maybe next year?

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 06:17 PM   #4659
Magus978
All Star Starter

I think the Mets theme team has run its course, having took them 2+ months to get out of bronze and now realizing that silver is as high as it can go without paying up money that I don't have. I can always revisit the theme on one of my non-OL pack only teams.

Going forward, current theme idea is a Northeast Corridor theme involving multiple states (Massachussets, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, and Washington D.C.)

https://www.baseball-almanac.com/pla...loc=New%20York

All the players that are from New York, just for an example of who would qualify for the team. Some guys with at least gold cards on there, including Warren Spahn, Sandy Koufax, King Kelly, Waite Hoyt, Orel Hershiser, Heinie Groh, Heinie Zimmerman, Hank Greenberg, Lou Gehrig, Joe Sambito, Frankie Frisch, etc. are on there.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 08-29-2019 at 06:46 PM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 08:44 PM   #4660
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

been tracking the players I get from packs on the Waffletown club since day 1, and the stats just go to show why I don't spend any points on packs with this team (all packs from CM games or missions should I have the players to fulfill them):

59 total packs (includes starter pack players), 354 cards received:

-300 cards Live 2019 (84.7%)
-26 cards Historical all star (7.3%)
-4 cards One hit wonder (1.1%)
-5 cards Record breaker (1.4%)
-4 cards Hardware heroes (1.1%)
-10 cards Unsung heroes (2.8%)
-5 cards Rookie sensation (1.4%)
-0 cards Future legends / All time legends

that's some craptacular luck if the live-to-historical split is supposed to be closer to 70/30
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote