Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 10-15-2018, 02:39 PM   #81
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

River Walk Stadium, home of the San Antonio Phantoms

Quote:
River Walk Ballpark is situated just blocks from the Alamo in the heart of downtown San Antonio. It figures to be very productive for hitters with an expansive outfield in every direction. While it may not lead the league in home runs, extra base hits will clang off the walls like crazy, making a Phantoms game a fun place to visit.
I did a couple new things with this park, notably the double-level bullpen in left field and some enhanced dugouts that I found on the 3D Warehouse.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/a0o30a...lpark.zip/file
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 10-19-2018, 02:36 PM   #82
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Bank of the West Ballpark, home of the San Francisco Fire

Quote:
Bank of the West Ballpark is a bad situation for the Fire. It was originally designed as an all-purpose field, not just baseball, as it has hosted seven sports since it opened. The location is not ideal, and the centerfield view isnt exactly pleasing, either. The team is pushing for a new field, hopefully by the bay, but the city doesnt want to pay the money, and the fans don't particularly want a publicly funded stadium. Their window in San Francisco may be closing, but the hope is that the recent championship will provide some fuel for that fire.
I went into this park thinking of the multi-purpose stadiums of the 60's and 70's with a lot of functional, brutalist concrete and metal. The stadium has been partially retrofitted to be a baseball-only facility, bringing the stands in line more with the shape of the infield, but those efforts didn't extend all the way to the outfield, which still retains its' donut-shaped heritage. A half-hearted attempt at a view was implemented at some point, leaving a gap in the donut in straight center. Several sections of the upper deck in the outfield are tarped over to artificially lower the capacity and make the attendance figures look a little better.

I opted to stay away from a distinctive downtown skyline for this part going with a panorama of some hills as seen from nearby Daly City.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/r980q...lpark.zip/file
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 10-22-2018, 11:06 AM   #83
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Pike Street Grounds, home of the Seattle Captains

Quote:
Pike Street Grounds is one of the top tier ballparks in the world because of context. The park is set right on the bay in downtown Seattle, with the left field wall right up against Margarito Bay, named after former player Johnny Margarito. Margarito was known for crushing homeruns into the water at the stadium, especially his walkoff 3-run shot that sent the Captains to the Championship Series in 1957. The radio announcer famously called the play: "Holy Margarito that ball is gone and the Captains are moving on! They oughta name this place after him!"
This park features bullpens in foul territory, which is something that I hadn't done with a park yet. Also, the manual scoreboard built into the left field wall was made entirely from scratch and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. As an aesthetic choice, I decided that all of the advertisements on the outfield wall would be all-white to coordinate with the scoreboard. No LED ribbons on the inside of the parK, either, although there is a four-stripe motif painted onto the plaster on the outside of the park.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/bdxzo...ounds.zip/file
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by eriqjaffe; 10-22-2018 at 11:08 AM.
eriqjaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:29 PM   #84
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

these are AMAZING!!!
jparker2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:53 PM   #85
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Call me crazy, but I always get excited when I see a new post on this thread...
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:43 PM   #86
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksd4848 View Post
Call me crazy, but I always get excited when I see a new post on this thread...
Absolutely not crazy. I don't even really use these 3D stadiums because I mostly sim, yet have subscribed to this thread and love seeing the updates.
Rain King is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:52 PM   #87
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

i only use 2d but i play out just about every game so these stadiums make my personal experience 10x better!
Old 10-26-2018, 12:20 PM   #88
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Ballpark of the Gateway, home of the St. Louis Archers

Quote:
The Ballpark of the Gateway was constructed in time for 1965, leaving the Archers to play road-heavy schedules in their first two years. It underwent significant renovations in the early 2000s, primarily around the concourse. The backstop has been updated several times, but the squared setup was adopted along with the other renovations. BOTG overlooks the Gateway Arch, making it a very underrated stadium in baseball.
Be sure to pay attention to the scoreboard rising above the center field batters' eye, as it's supported by a smaller version of the Gateway Arch.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/999d7...teway.zip/file
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 10-31-2018, 10:53 AM   #89
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Twin City Stadium, home of the St. Paul Loons

Quote:
Twin City Stadium is a great example of a neo-classical ballpark, even though that trend seemed to have passed in the 1990s and early 2000s. The Victorian architecture blends in well with surrounding St. Paul and gives a nice old-timey feel. While left field is a bit small, the rest of the ballpark is fairly standard, not really favoring pitchers or hitters.
I spent a little more time on the exterior of this park, mainly the "smokestacks" in left and right field - one of which has a huge Target logo on it. Anybody who hits the sign gets a shopping spree of up to $50,000 depending on which ring they hit, but it hasn't happened yet.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/nyr11...adium.zip/file
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 11-05-2018, 01:49 PM   #90
micropterus58
All Star Starter

Thanks for making all of these stadiums. I just expanded my league and adapted a stadium to use. I played my first game and the stadium was fantastic.
micropterus58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 11:07 AM   #91
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Lonestar Park, home of the Texas Lonestars

Quote:
Lonestar Park was built in 1977 when the team moved from El Paso but has been well kept since then. The bleachers were totally rebuilt around home plate in 2005, removing the posts and the angular feel of the ballpark, which gave a modern feel. If the club continues to renovate, Lonestar Park could become one of the league’s historic buildings.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ci2d9..._Park.zip/file
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 11-10-2018, 04:26 PM   #92
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Washington Coliseum, home of the Washington Potomacs

Quote:
The Washington Coliseum has been the home for the Potomacs since they relocated and could remain that way for many years. The stadium was designed for both football and baseball on a full time basis, and is one of the better multi-purpose facilities in the nation. During baseball season, it is a pitcher’s haven, with small gaps and lots of foul territory.
The last entry in the series gave me more trouble than I anticipated. I had originally designed it as a concrete donut stadium, reminiscent of parks like Three Rivers Stadium, but I just wasn't happy with it at all. So I scrapped it and went with something a little more like Mile High Stadium and I'm a lot happier with how it turned out. The bleachers in right field are not permanent and get moved into the outfield when the park hosts football.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/za4yx...iseum.zip/file
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by eriqjaffe; 01-23-2022 at 12:20 PM.
eriqjaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 03:04 PM   #93
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

last in the series??? say it aint so!!
Old 11-11-2018, 11:26 PM   #94
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Sadly, yes.

But here's a bonus view of how far along I had gotten with the Coliseum before I scrapped it!
Attached Images
Old 11-12-2018, 11:13 AM   #95
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Hey, eriqjaffe

Is there any chance you have a generic one of these stadiums models laying around so that we (the end users) could personalize by tweaking the textures/back drops, etc?

I know on one of them, I was able to use paint.net and photoshop to change the outfield fence colors, paint over the grass texture, and squeeze in a new skyline...
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 12:03 PM   #96
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

ugh...im so sad...i used ALL of your parks in my league and was hoping for just a few (like 19) more . GREAT work buddy!!!!
Old 11-12-2018, 12:34 PM   #97
bradleycchurch
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparker2112 View Post
last in the series??? say it aint so!!

No Kidding! This was my favorite project in OOTP ever. AMAZING work. Thank you!
bradleycchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 01:35 PM   #98
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

So, something that had been bugging me was the "flat" nature of the field texture itself. I've been playing around with adding some more depth to them, which do you guys prefer?
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 11-12-2018, 04:06 PM   #99
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
So, something that had been bugging me was the "flat" nature of the field texture itself. I've been playing around with adding some more depth to them, which do you guys prefer?
Both look great, but prefer the textured.
Old 11-12-2018, 04:12 PM   #100
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post

Textured is better. I use the perhaps oversimplified step of using the sand texture in sketchup and then adjusting the size to 13’. I like how it looks as opposed to the flat look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk