Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 08-27-2018, 03:23 PM   #21
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Ok this is a somewhat step by step

1. Name whatever image(s) you use for background with a “_day.xxx”
It is helpful to do this before exporting from sketchup so the file name is included in the MTL file. Otherwise you need to go into the park MTL file and add the “_day to the image entries there

2. Make a copy of those image files

3. Change the _day to _night.

4. In a photo editor (I use photoshop) open the night files and set the brightness down as low as it can go. You should still see some of the buildings.

5. Add some rectangular boxes to the buildings with a slight yellow color to act as lights turned in the buildings.

6. Save the file as a png or jpg.

7 put the file(s) in your park textures folder.

8 load up your park in OOTP and check to see if it took

I may make a short video on this if needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2018, 06:16 PM   #22
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Oh, wow, that seems really simple.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:10 PM   #23
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

MRC Global Field, home of the California Grizzlies

Quote:
MRC Global Field isnt just a hitters park, its a sluggers park. The huge gaps make for lots of doubles and triples, as well as the fast infield dirt and grass. Talk has been made to move the fences as to create a more standard ballpark, but fans in Los Angeles love their runs and the 1-2 punch of Curry-Layne seems to be holding up just fine on the hill.
This one features day and night skylines, thanks to silvam14 for the tip! I will update the previously uploaded parks in the near future.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1pzvws...Field.zip/file
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by eriqjaffe; 08-29-2018 at 01:13 PM.
eriqjaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 01:25 PM   #24
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

These are great. Man it’s good to see other parks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2018, 07:55 PM   #25
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

So, so good!
Old 08-30-2018, 01:29 AM   #26
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
MRC Global Field, home of the California Grizzlies

This one features day and night skylines, thanks to silvam14 for the tip! I will update the previously uploaded parks in the near future.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1pzvws...Field.zip/file
Best. One. Yet! OOTP really needs to add you to remake the 30 MLB parks with this level of detail.
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:50 PM   #27
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Flagg Park, home of the Chicago Wind Sox

Quote:
Flagg Park is another arguably the most recognizable stadiums in the league, and the team always manages to fill seats, even on down years. The ballpark has had three separate streaks of more than 200 consecutive sellouts, including a sport-record 283. The park was built in 1918 and was named after Royce Flagg when he retired as owner and handed the team over to his son Rick in 1974. Flagg Park has the shortest right field in all of baseball--the official distance is 298 down the line, but a 44-foot high metal wall balances things out fairly well. The wall fits both a manual scoreboard as well as the out-of-town board stacked on each other. Behind the wall is a 12 story building which is connected to the stadium. It was originally a standalone, home insurance office building that was purchased by the Flagg family. The building was turned into a collection of rooftop seating, restaurants, and an iconic Chicago baseball museum. In left field sits another manual scoreboard that holds the lineups, scores, and other information. The only digital screens are the thin banners on the facade of the lower bowls. Past centerfield is Maldonado Street, a pedestrian walkway named after the player. The street wraps around the building and and is enclosed in the stadium’s property, so it isn’t open to those outside the ballpark. The street used to be for motor vehicles, but it became so dangerous to drive due to no outfield seats--the street backed right up to the outfield--that the Wind Sox were granted the rights to the street. Lastly, the crooked backstop adds to the timeless nature of Flagg Park, a quirk that was common when the stadium was constructed.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/c91ks1..._Park.zip/file

This is definitely the most detail I've put into one of these, and I freely admit it has a lot to do with the fact that I'm a native Chicagoan - the rooftop seating Daniel mentions clearly draws from Wrigley Field, and my interpretation draws not only from Wrigley (the modified scoreboard in right field is basically Wrigley's), but from old Comiskey Park as well (the grandstand is modeled after Comiskey's old profile). Since the rooftop seating is, essentially, part of the park, I added some basic building models with 3D crowds on top. I also expanded the mentioned rooftop seating to encompass most of the buildings across Maldonado Street, as well as added a "net" to the top of the outfield walls (you might need to zoom close up to it to really see it), in order to minimize the chance of neighboring buildings and pedestrians outside the park getting hit with home run balls.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by eriqjaffe; 08-30-2018 at 11:52 PM.
Old 09-02-2018, 03:57 PM   #28
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

you are CRUSHING it with these!!!!!
jparker2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 07:16 PM   #29
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Centennial Stadium, home of the Colorado Kings

Quote:
Centennial Stadium outlives even the Kings--the building held soccer and football several decades before the baseball team came to town. In fact, Centennial Stadium will be celebrating its centennial birthday in 2025, which figures to be a huge celebration in Denver. The unique juts in the field were the effect of how the bleachers had to be adjusted once the stadium became a multi-sport facility. The pinstripes have become so representative of the club that they’re mowed into the grass of the field.
WIth this one, the batters eye is intended to be reminiscent of Red Rocks Amphitheater near Denver and yes, the scoreboard is deliberately based on the one from Kauffman Stadium. This one was my first attempt at importing a vector file - if you zoom in and pan around, you'll notice that the Kings wordmark on the scoreboard is actually a distinct 3d object and not just a flat image. Not really necessary, but fun nonetheless.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/62cj8c...adium.zip/file
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 09-03-2018, 07:42 PM   #30
bradleycchurch
Minors (Double A)

Keep up the GREAT work! I have been checking everyday to see if there is a "new" stadium. These are all soooo good.

Can't wait for Nashville!!
bradleycchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 01:56 PM   #31
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Burger King Ballpark, home of the Florida Blue Herons

Quote:
The Herons moved into a new home this year, leaving behind the tired Wendell Barrett Memorial Stadium. “The Barrett” was used annually for both football and baseball, and hosted a handful of soccer games as well. While the team certainly was due for a new facility, fans grew to love The Barrett, mostly out of nostalgia. It was replaced by Burger King Ballpark three blocks down, a modern stadium which contains the largest videoboard in the USBL. It was nearly called Wendell Barrett Memorial Stadium II, but Burger King is shelling out $17 million a year in naming rights, those bastards.
I tried (and hopefully succeeded) in getting a South Florida vibe here, with a lot more bright colors that most of the parks so far. You might notice a stripe of colors above the outfield seating - zoom in on it, and it's a wall of street art murals, the likes of which are found all over Miami. For giggles, a few of the murals are repeated in a larger format on the outside back wall of the park.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8c71ag...lpark.zip/file
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by eriqjaffe; 09-07-2018 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-07-2018, 04:30 PM   #32
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Also, a quick note that I've updated Davis-Monthan Field, Harbor Street Yards, and Heritage Field with day and night skylines.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:05 PM   #33
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Hoosier Field, home of the Indiana Tribe

Quote:
Hoosier Field is standing on its last leg. The covered stadium was built in the 1960s for the minor league South Bend Celtics. It was converted to an all-turf playing surface, with the exception of the cutouts around the bases, in the 80s, and is the last of its kind. The field plays bigger than it is, as well--the artificial turf combined with large gaps have produced 27 inside-the-park- homeruns since the Tribe moved in in 1979, by far the most in that span. Fans love the place because of nostalgia and because of the success the team enjoyed there, but the truth is that Indiana needs a new ballpark.
A covered stadium from the 60's? Does that mean I drew heavily on the Astrodome? Yes, yes I did. This one presented some new challenges to me, as the parks I've done before have all been defined more by the shape of the field than the shape of the stadium itself, so the stands got a little funky on me here.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6eoa67...Field.zip/file
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by eriqjaffe; 09-10-2018 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:22 AM   #34
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Burger King Ballpark, home of the Florida Blue Herons

Mmmmm.... Hamburgers....

(nice work!)
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:45 PM   #35
bchevy
Minors (Triple A)

Wow! These are amazing. I don't usually play completely fictional leagues but these ballparks are definitely making me reconsider.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:45 AM   #36
orange6
Minors (Double A)

Truly Amazing

These parks are so amazing that I am creating a whole new fictional set-up just to incorporate them all. I check out this thread everyday hoping another one has popped up.

Just out of curiosity, how many teams does this USBL have? Specifically, how many parks are you going to try and create for this project?

Thank you for your contributions. Just incredible.
orange6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:01 AM   #37
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange6 View Post
Just out of curiosity, how many teams does this USBL have? Specifically, how many parks are you going to try and create for this project?
I'm doing parks for all 24 teams.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:44 PM   #38
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Just realized in his theme, the ballpark is actually where Nissan Stadium is for Nashville.
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:04 AM   #39
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Principal Financial Field, home of the Iowa Dusters

Quote:
Principal Financial Field opened in 2001 for the Dusters, but the move downtown brought the feel of an old-style ballpark. Its considered one of the better pitchers parks for the high walls and short fences all the way around the outfield, which fits well into Iowas defense-first style of play.
I had a bit of a hard time initially trying to figure out what to do with the outfield seating, given the high walls (20' all the way around), before realizing that I could actually put seating under the bleachers - note the picnic-style patio seating in the left and right field corners. And your eyes aren't deceiving you, the support columns for the scoreboard are designed to resemble grain silos, and the batters eye in center is a living cornfield!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1stq0u...Field.zip/file
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by eriqjaffe; 09-13-2018 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-13-2018, 06:31 PM   #40
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Principal Financial Field, home of the Iowa Dusters

I had a bit of a hard time initially trying to figure out what to do with the outfield seating, given the high walls (20' all the way around), before realizing that I could actually put seating under the bleachers - note the picnic-style patio seating in the left and right field corners. And your eyes aren't deceiving you, the support columns for the scoreboard are designed to resemble grain silos, and the batters eye in center is a living cornfield!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1stq0u...Field.zip/file
You definitely took the Burgers sign from Miller Park
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote