Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 04-08-2020, 12:38 PM   #1
Jorin Guderian
OOTP Developments

Lightbulb How to create custom "Ballpark Construction Kit" 3D models!

Hello everybody,
as most of your might have noticed, one of the new features of OOTP21 is the "3D Ballpark Construction Kit".

It allows you to create a custom stadium where you can choose from different 3D models for the outfield area wich is split into 5 sectors. You can choose between 5 different field shapes and also between 5 different field mowing styles for the fields grass area.

For modders it is also possible to create custom mowing patters and outfield sector models.

The attached tutorial "How to create custom models for the Out of the Park Baseball 21 Ballpark Construction Kit" shows you how to do that. It is also located in the folder:
ootp21\data\ballparks\models\construction_kit\park s\park_0\sec_2\demo

where you can find a demo obj model and a blender sample project as well as other helpfull demo content. This folder is currently only available for beta testers, but will be available with the next patch for everybody which should be released in about two weeks.

If there are still any questions to this topic, please ask them here.

So happy modding everybody!
Jorin
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Construction Kit Mod Tutorial.pdf (169.0 KB, 1066 views)

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 04-08-2020 at 12:41 PM.
Jorin Guderian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 02:18 PM   #2
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Not seeing the demo files. In the next release perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2020, 03:21 PM   #3
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Yes, Jorin has made some updates to the construction kit project, like the demo folder, for the next release. So some items listed here may not be quite correct until that release.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 03:28 PM   #4
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Just did some tinkering and playing...this is AWESOME! Created a field with a skyline outline by editing the grass file in photoshop (kind of chintzy looking or I'd upload it), brought it in, works like a charm. Already thinking about logo fields, text mowed fields...there's literally no limit.

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:23 PM   #5
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Is it possible

to change the "Field 6" designation to the name of our custom add-ons so that we don't need to keep a list handy of which mow patterns are which field...or is that something for an upcoming patch?
Attached Images

Old 04-09-2020, 02:40 PM   #6
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

I posted this elsewhere, but I don't want it to get lost. The two big improvements (other than adding a dome or retractable roof stadium) that I would like to see are:

1. The ability to push the walls out further than their default distances. Right now, you can bring them closer, but you can't make a bigger park.

2. The ability to key in the exact distance and height of a post, rather than having to guess, check the park factors, guess, check the park factors, and on and on until you hit the magic spot.

Thanks!

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams
Solonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 02:25 AM   #7
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solonor View Post
I posted this elsewhere, but I don't want it to get lost. The two big improvements (other than adding a dome or retractable roof stadium) that I would like to see are:

1. The ability to push the walls out further than their default distances. Right now, you can bring them closer, but you can't make a bigger park.

2. The ability to key in the exact distance and height of a post, rather than having to guess, check the park factors, guess, check the park factors, and on and on until you hit the magic spot.

Thanks!
Yes, both are on the to-do-list!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 10:27 AM   #8
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

A couple questions

1. Is the procedure for dirt the same as for grass?

2. Will customizable backgrounds be a thing?

3. Will more stadium shapes be added?

I'm wondering because I'm well into a custom league, and would love to add custom designs as well as different dirt patterns to my stadiums.

As soon as my league is ready, it's coming up complete with an edited world.xml and a BOATLOAD of construction kit stadiums. This is the most fun I've had with a new tool in forever, and it works great! Thank you all so much!!!

Old 04-29-2020, 08:06 PM   #9
georgecf
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Still can't find the demo folder . . . where is it??? TIA
georgecf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 08:55 AM   #10
Jorin Guderian
OOTP Developments

@Ty Cobb:
1. Is the procedure for dirt the same as for grass?

The procedure for dirt is the same like for grass. Basically
you just have to replace the dirt.webp with another file. It can also
be a dirt.png, but the dirt.webp has to be removed then because
at first the engine always looks for a webp version of a X.png file.
But if you change that file, be aware, that you have to change the
small lower part of the grass.webp / grass.png as well. Otherwise you
will see two different types of dirt on the field later on in the game.
2. Will customizable backgrounds be a thing?

Yes, under the path "ootp21\data\ballparks\models\construction_kit\sky boxes"
you will find 3 skybox folders with the folders "sky_box_day" and "sky_box_night"
in them and in these folders are the skybox images. You can go to any park folder
and just copy those two folders in a new my_skybox_0 folder under skyboxes
and you should see them there. If you know how to create skyboxes yourselve,
you can of cause use those two.

3. Will more stadium shapes be added?
Maybe in the future but not in the next month. Might come new 3d sector models for the existing shadium
shapes though.

@georgecf
See the screenshot:
Attached Images
Jorin Guderian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 10:48 AM   #11
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Even after the number of skyboxes I've done, I'm having a bit of trouble with what I call, "Floating Stadium Effect". I can't seem to get the ground to act as a baseline for the stadium to rest on. Any suggestions for how to get around that? I've tried altering my tripod height and it just didn't work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 07-22-2020, 06:54 PM   #12
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Yes, both are on the to-do-list!
Is the to-do list for Ballpark Construction for OOTP21 or OOTP22?

Still need the ability to move walls out further in order to replicate our league's parks.

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams
Old 03-31-2021, 12:27 PM   #13
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

Glad to see that you can push the walls out in OOTP 22. Sad that you still can't directly enter the wall post distance and height, and that domed stadiums are not included.

Old 04-02-2021, 12:22 AM   #14
jslmsca
All Star Reserve

I agree Solonor. I really hope manual entry and dome stadiums make it in. I doubt it can be done in an update however.
jslmsca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 11:22 AM   #15
spelky1
Bat Boy

stadium model in 3d construction?

How do install/upload a 3d model of a stadium such as Truist Park to be edited in the construction kit? The edit ballpark feature doesnt let me change seating color and wall color like the 3d construction kit does
spelky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 12:11 PM   #16
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

That's 100% impossible right now. I wouldn't expect that to change. If you want to edit images, you'll have to open up the texture files that come with the models and edit them.

Old 04-22-2021, 12:50 PM   #17
spelky1
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Cobb View Post
That's 100% impossible right now. I wouldn't expect that to change. If you want to edit images, you'll have to open up the texture files that come with the models and edit them.
Thank you for clarifying that. And in order to do that, I guess I need to figure out a good graphics editor for 3D? Also, do you know which file paths I can find the textures for things like seats and walls? Are those textures considered 3D images, 2D images, etc? (im new to the lingo, please forgive me)
Old 04-22-2021, 12:53 PM   #18
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spelky1 View Post
Thank you for clarifying that. And in order to do that, I guess I need to figure out a good graphics editor for 3D? Also, do you know which file paths I can find the textures for things like seats and walls? Are those textures considered 3D images, 2D images, etc? (im new to the lingo, please forgive me)
If you have a mod stadium like one that I or eriqjaffe have created, and you want to change the color of the empty seats, you can do that although the choices are only green, red, blue, or grey. This involves simply editing the parks ".mtl" file. however if you want to update the in-game parks. don't think you can right now
Old 04-22-2021, 01:00 PM   #19
spelky1
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
If you have a mod stadium like one that I or eriqjaffe have created, and you want to change the color of the empty seats, you can do that although the choices are only green, red, blue, or grey. This involves simply editing the parks ".mtl" file. however if you want to update the in-game parks. don't think you can right now
Ok this is definitely helping me go in the right direction. So i guess my next question for clarification is do the files installed witht he game not have the texture files the same way your mods are texture files? Or are they different types of files and thus not editable even in a software like the one you use?
Old 04-22-2021, 01:14 PM   #20
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spelky1 View Post
Ok this is definitely helping me go in the right direction. So i guess my next question for clarification is do the files installed witht he game not have the texture files the same way your mods are texture files? Or are they different types of files and thus not editable even in a software like the one you use?
different types, and types that are unable to be modded in some cases. I really haven't tried

Try this

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=326278