Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2017, 02:10 AM   #1
ksm3939
Bat Boy

American Baseball League

I've begun working on a 16 team fictional league spanning America, representing some smaller market cities that generally dont have sports. I'm making all of the logos from scratch, and I've finished the league logo and one of the teams' logo sets (if anyone would like to see).Anyways, I need some help coming up with a final nickname/seeing if anyone has any better ideas for the nicknames. I'm sure that there is lots of "writer's block" for this kind of stuff on here but I figured maybe someone has an idea.

East
North
Cleveland Lakers
Hartford Nutmegs
Richmond Generals
Syracuse Corinthians
South
St. Pete Sunshine
New Orleans Mystics
Charlotte Emeralds
Memphis Rivermen
West
Midwest
Minneapolis Futures
Madison Trappers
Austin Bats
Oklahoma City Cyclones
Pacific
Portland Pacifics
Sacramento Argonauts
New Mexico (UFOs, ETs, Visitors, Atoms, Atomics?)
Salt Lake City Alpines
Teams I'm not in love with:
Hartford Nutmegs seems like a minor league team name but I like the city/state but I just couldn't come up with anything remarkably baseball

New Orleans Mystics might be hard to illustrate, plus mystics is a WNBA team, but I like the voodoo theme... obviously 'Magic' and 'Wizards' has been done before

Memphis is just kind of boring to me, might change the city but Its gotta be somehwere in the south east

New Mexico: can't come up with anything outside of Roswell, White Sands testing, or the Zia sun symbol, maybe a different state would be better for this franchise

SLC might be better called "Utah"... I like the Colorado Rockies type theme and there aren't many real cities in the mountain range so SLC is kind of my only other choice

Any help or input is appreciate, thanks!
ksm3939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 04:54 AM   #2
kjb023
Major Leagues

Anxious to see these!
kjb023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 06:10 PM   #3
smythejd
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksm3939 View Post
Memphis is just kind of boring to me, might change the city but Its gotta be somehwere in the south east
How about Birmingham Freedom.

Always liked Birmingham as a sports city and Freedom would pull from the 60's...

And i second kjb023.. I also would love to see these teams.

Last edited by smythejd; 10-13-2017 at 06:12 PM.
smythejd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:20 PM   #4
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Cleveland Commodores
Cleveland Cubs
Cleveland Rams
Cleveland Browns

Hartford Whalers

Richmond Grays
Richmond Rebels

New Orleans Pelicans
New Orleans Crescents

Memphis Red Sox

Minneapolis Muskies

Madison Maple Leafs

Oklahoma City Indians

Portland Beavers

Albuquerque Roadrunners

SantaFe Thunderbirds
SantaFe Super Chiefs

Salt Lake City Bees

If you are interested in seeing what minor league teams actually existed in real life, check out this very helpful link.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/team.cgi
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:29 PM   #5
smythejd
All Star Reserve

How about the Cleveland Rockers
smythejd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 06:19 AM   #6
Elektranaut
Major Leagues

Cleveland crusaders
Elektranaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 12:16 PM   #7
ksm3939
Bat Boy

All good ideas, unfortunately you guys are giving a lot of suggestions for the teams that I've pretty much made up my mind for lol
Old 10-15-2017, 02:25 AM   #8
kjb023
Major Leagues

Just to throw my two cents in, I actually love the Hartford Nutmegs. I think when your league is this big you can afford a few "weird" team names. As for the other teams you mentioned not being sure of:

New Orleans Mystics - I like it. But if you wanna keep the "voodoo" theme, I guess you could just go with Voodoo.

Memphis - If you wanna get rid of Memphis that would leave that particular division as New Orleans, St. Pete, and Charlotte. Those are pretty spread out, so I'd say something like Atlanta or Birmingham that would be sort of in the middle. Or if you wanna go smaller Pensacola, or somewhere in South Carolina. Charleston? Myrtle Beach?

New Mexico - I like the Atomics. It might be a little similar to the Albuquerque Isotopes if you're worried about real-life similarities. Maybe something like Coyotes or Roadrunners?

SLC - I think Salt Lake City Alpines has a mcuh better ring to it then Utah Alpines.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:24 PM   #9
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Here are some ideas...

Hartford Colonials
Hartford Constitutions
Hartford Atlantics

New Orleans Mystics (favorite)
New Orleans Dukes
New Orleans Crescents

New Mexico Pueblos
New Mexico Volcanos

Salt Lake City or Utah Pioneers
Salt Lake City or Utah Barons
Old 10-17-2017, 07:57 PM   #10
kjb023
Major Leagues

So this is dead, I guess?
Old 10-18-2017, 02:37 AM   #11
ksm3939
Bat Boy

Nah I'm still working on stuff, I've finalized the cities and nicknames but I'll try to put out the first team logo set and the league logo tomorrow
Old 10-18-2017, 02:46 PM   #12
ksm3939
Bat Boy

Abl

The American Baseball League, or ABL is a league comprised of 16 teams split into 2 subleagues and 4 divisions. The general theme behind the league is that the cities that the teams hail from are small to mid markets. I will likely expand the league to 18 or 20 teams within the first few years once I finally have all of the logos made and everything up and running. Currently, every team has only 1 minor league team as I wanted the league to feel "small." As of now I am unsure whether or not I will be making all custom logos for the minor league affiliates. The current league structure is as follows:

East
North
Cleveland Lakers
Hartford Nutmegs
Richmond Generals
Syracuse Corinthians
South
St. Pete Sunshine
New Orleans Mystics
Charlotte Emeralds
Memphis Rivermen
West
Midwest
Minneapolis Futures
Madison Trappers
Austin Bats
Oklahoma City Cyclones
Pacific
Portland Pacifics
Sacramento Argonauts
New Mexico Atomics
Salt Lake City Alpines
Possible locations for expansion include Seattle, Newfoundland, Colorado, Georgia, PA, and Illinois

Thanks for the input everyone, here is the ABL small and large logos, made with affinity designer like everything else... feel free to use any of the stuff in this thread, just be sure to credit me if you're going to post with it!
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 10-18-2017, 02:56 PM   #13
ksm3939
Bat Boy

Minneapolis Futures

This logo was started initially as a team i was going to call the Seattle Aces, I made the entire background of the design based off the Mariners' circle logo and originally there was going to be a plane sort of coming out from the center with a little stream behind it, but the stream looked like the rings on a planet when i was messing around with it. So I changed the whole color scheme to look like Saturn and ended up with an Astros type vibe. I came up with the nickname pretty quickly and remembered that Minneapolis is a relatively young, clean city so I went with it for the city. I was making this logo before I came up with the idea for the league and I liked the logo so much that I ended up planning this whole thing. I messed around with a sort of 50s futurism idea for the font but settled for this. The M definitely looks like the marlins but I'm aware of it so it's alright. I'm pretty proud of this one and they will have a minor league team based in St. Cloud. Here is the logo, small logo, and potential cap logo for the Futures.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 10-18-2017, 03:41 PM   #14
kjb023
Major Leagues

Awesome, looks like a good start!
Old 10-18-2017, 04:43 PM   #15
imhoff2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Awesome stuff here!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
imhoff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 04:45 PM   #16
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

I really like this concept. I've always been a fan of the round logo templates. I have a few multi-layer round templates formatted for Photo Impact Pro if you want them.
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:15 PM   #17
ksm3939
Bat Boy

Thanks guys, gonna be a while to the next one probably but if anyone wants to reccomend the next one i should do, let me know
Old 10-19-2017, 10:13 PM   #18
kjb023
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksm3939 View Post
Thanks guys, gonna be a while to the next one probably but if anyone wants to reccomend the next one i should do, let me know
I'd say just go division by division.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:40 AM   #19
ksm3939
Bat Boy

Charlotte Emeralds

Sorry for the long break, had some other projects going on. I hope those of you that were once interested still are. The Charlotte Emeralds logo is pretty barebones with a 'C' that is supposed to be in the shape of a gem, color scheme is pretty straightforward. I am open to any suggestions on this one, but I'm pretty happy with the simplicity. I am fairly certain that all of the logos will be circular ones like these. I wanted to do this team because I wanted to play a regular MLB game with expansion teams before finishing this whole project. If anyone would like a larger resolution, let me know, but these are the files I use for the game.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 01-15-2018, 04:26 PM   #20
thorpegiovanni
All Star Reserve

Very nice. You going to be making uniforms along w/ these?