Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-18-2016, 07:59 AM   #1
benspit
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Contract Maximum Issue - Arizona Coyotes

I started a new Path to Glory save with the Yotes. On Day 1 (so hadn't pressed continue yet) I went to offer sheet an RFA but had a message on the contract negotiation screen that I was at my maximum contract limit (which is actually a nice little message).

I went to my contracts screen and noted that the Yotes were 54/50 under contract. So I went through the list and selected "buyout contract" on 4 guys to bring my back down to 50. The players were not immediately removed from roster.

I clicked continue, in order to progress those contract terminations, and had the following error message popup:

"Attention! Contract Maximum limit exceeded"

As such, I cannot continue and cannot remove those contracts from my roster. I am stuck and cannot progress.
benspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 10:33 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

I'm testing this out now. Will update the post once I see if this is something I can re-create. If not then I'll probably have a few questions for you!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 10:42 AM   #3
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

I'm able to re-create the issue by doing the same thing you did. So looks like this might be a bug or at least we're doing something wrong.

I'll try to get Sebastian or Malte to take a look at this if they don't end up commenting here on their own.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 10-18-2016 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:30 PM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Little update.

This is an issue with the unconditional waivers in-game and it will be fixed in the next build.

Old 10-18-2016, 05:45 PM   #5
benspit
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Little update.

This is an issue with the unconditional waivers in-game and it will be fixed in the next build.
Thanks Lukas
benspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:48 PM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by benspit View Post
Thanks Lukas
No problem.

Thanks for mentioning it in the first place

Old 11-22-2016, 11:42 PM   #7
Tzar
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It's not yet resolved yet, is it? I'm running into this issue on build 3.0.76. I exceed the contract limit and cannot release players so game stuck for now.
Tzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 02:54 AM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar View Post
It's not yet resolved yet, is it? I'm running into this issue on build 3.0.76. I exceed the contract limit and cannot release players so game stuck for now.
It was fixed quite a while back. Is this happening at the start of a game, and, if so, with which team?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 03:41 PM   #9
Tzar
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It's happening after first game of preseason with the Edmonton Oilers. I currently have 51 players on contract as I signed a free agent before starting preseason without releasing another player - the game gave me no warning that I shouldn't carry that many contracts before starting preseason and now it won't allow me to release anyone since preseason has started. Still, I have a number of 18 years old on roster with contracts on junior teams and my understanding is that those shouldn't count? Should I provide you a save?
Old 11-23-2016, 04:04 PM   #10
Eugus
Minors (Double A)

18+19 Junior players shouldn't count towards the 50 roster cap unless they play 11 games but there's still a (reserve list?) that's at 90 and anyone signed counts toward this.

Last edited by Eugus; 11-23-2016 at 04:37 PM.
Eugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 04:59 AM   #11
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar View Post
It's happening after first game of preseason with the Edmonton Oilers. I currently have 51 players on contract as I signed a free agent before starting preseason without releasing another player - the game gave me no warning that I shouldn't carry that many contracts before starting preseason and now it won't allow me to release anyone since preseason has started. Still, I have a number of 18 years old on roster with contracts on junior teams and my understanding is that those shouldn't count? Should I provide you a save?
Yeah, I think we're going to need it. Edmonton actually starts with 49 (at least in the most recent version of the game), so I'm not sure exactly what's happened there. But the CHL guys definitely shouldn't be counting, we fixed that a few weeks ago. (Edit: unless that's the issue - this isn't a game you started with a version of the game from when it was still in the pre-release beta period, was it?)
Old 11-24-2016, 09:33 PM   #12
Tzar
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Yeah, I think we're going to need it. Edmonton actually starts with 49 (at least in the most recent version of the game), so I'm not sure exactly what's happened there. But the CHL guys definitely shouldn't be counting, we fixed that a few weeks ago. (Edit: unless that's the issue - this isn't a game you started with a version of the game from when it was still in the pre-release beta period, was it?)
No, it wasn't started with a pre-release beta version. The link to my saved game is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/icvrraegjv...ilers.zip?dl=0 Thanks!
Old 12-08-2016, 04:09 PM   #13
Balerstos
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm actually having the same issue...but it says I have 48/50 contracts used. Trying to sign a prospect before rights lapse and it says "Contract Maximum Limit reached" when I try to ask for a response. Submit offer remains un-selectable.
Balerstos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 03:40 AM   #14
JeffR
FHM Producer

I think we'll need to see the save for that one as well - could be an error with what's being counted as a contract, or something else.
Old 12-12-2016, 04:01 PM   #15
Balerstos
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
I think we'll need to see the save for that one as well - could be an error with what's being counted as a contract, or something else.
Oddly enough, it pushed their rights another year and I was able to sign them the next offseason. Additionally, someone I drafted was at age 17 and it allowed me to sign him as well. Didn't turn 18 until August 1st.
Balerstos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 05:52 AM   #16
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balerstos View Post
Oddly enough, it pushed their rights another year and I was able to sign them the next offseason. Additionally, someone I drafted was at age 17 and it allowed me to sign him as well. Didn't turn 18 until August 1st.
It'll start treating him (and any 17-year-old born between July 1 and September 15) as 18 for contract purposes as soon as the season turns over on July 1.