Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 08-04-2013, 02:12 AM   #1
BCStone
Minors (Double A)

This really sucks!!!

Well after trying and trying to fix the problem of uniforms not updating properly when players switch teams I had to shut down my league after spending countless hours building my league. I was in my 32nd year and had gotten quite familiar with the fictional players within my league. I now won't know what my teams superstar DeMario Betancourt would have accomplished with 357 HRs at only 28 years old. I just uninstalled the game and I'm just sick. The thought of starting all over and getting to know new players all over again just doesn't appeal to me right now. And if I do will the game screw up on me again after spending the time to rebuild. Don't know.
BCStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #2
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

This really sucks!!!

Not sure why the uniforms would make you just throw away a league you were so dedicated to, but you play it however you want. I just don't think I could walk away from a league I've played for that long.
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #3
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

You defiantly did the right thing, I suggest you celebrate your Victory over the annoying "Uniforms not updating problem" by driving down the road and throwing $20 Bills out the window cause they aren't 50's!
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
Cinnamon J. Scudworth
All Star Starter

Nothing lasts forever. Take a couple of days or a week break from OOTP, come back and start a new league, and I predict you'll be hooked again in no time.
"Sometimes, this is like going to a grocery store. You’ve got a list until you get to the check-out stand. And then you start reading People magazine, and all this other [stuff] ends up in the basket."

-Sandy Alderson on the MLB offseason
Cinnamon J. Scudworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #5
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
You defiantly did the right thing, I suggest you celebrate your Victory over the annoying "Uniforms not updating problem" by driving down the road and throwing $20 Bills out the window cause they aren't 50's!
You must be a blast at funerals.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #6
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Personally I would never even consider throwing away a league I was attached to because of nothing more than a problem with uniforms. It would strike me as a complete overreaction.

But then everyone is different.

Start a new league. It's like when your pet dog gets hit by a car, the best thing to do is to get a new puppy.

Sorry and good luck in the future.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Personally I would never even consider throwing away a league I was attached to because of nothing more than a problem with uniforms. It would strike me as a complete overreaction.

But then everyone is different.

Start a new league. It's like when your pet dog gets hit by a car, the best thing to do is to get a new puppy.

Sorry and good luck in the future.
I agree. Take a day or 2 away from the game and then start fresh. Great thing about this game is the fact that there is always another story/history just waiting for OOTP to give it life. I think all of us would be fibbing if we said we haven't found ourselves pissed a time or two at this game. I know I have come to this forum to vent to my frustrations. Haven't ever come across something worth ditching the game though.

Last edited by David Watts; 08-04-2013 at 01:06 PM.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #8
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

I had a fictional league that had been running for 24 years. It crashed, got corrupted, and the only backup I had for it was 3 game years old. I would have LOVED if the only problem had been uniforms not updating.

But, to be constructive, have you tried all of the following?

- Force update all player pictures through the League Menu.
- Force update player pictures team-by-team thr.ough the Edit Colors & Uniforms tab.
- Try turning off away jerseys. You never know.
- If you have put uniform files into the default OOTP directory, delete them and load them in manually.
- Navigate to the folder for your saved game, go to News -> HTML -> Images -> Person_Pictures, and delete everything inside.
- As a last resort, delete the faces.dat file in your saved game's folder. This will force you to regenerate all facegens.

If none of those work, well, you've got a serious issue that needs to be taken up with tech support. Even in that case, don't just walk away from the problem - if Markus and the crew can figure out what's going on, it will help them solve this problem in the future, should someone else experience it.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #9
fredandres
Minors (Double A)

This is like blowing up your car because your check engine light came on.

1. Did you contact tech support about the issue?
2. Did you review the forums for possible bugs and fixes?
fredandres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:29 PM   #10
BCStone
Minors (Double A)

Just back from vacation and ready to start the process over again. First let me begin by saying I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it come's to certain things and the uniform thing I could not accept because it bothered me a great deal. I play out all of my games and to see players on the field in different uniforms was not acceptable nor was I going to go and change a players uniforms each time a trade was made or a free agent signed on with a different team. I would have spent a great deal of time updating players manually which I don't want to do, I just want to play ball. Anyway a quick question. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled and now it wants the serial number which I thought I had saved but come to find out I only have my license from 13 and must have deleted my game license for 14. How do I install the game without my game license number?
BCStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #11
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCStone View Post
Well after trying and trying to fix the problem of uniforms not updating properly when players switch teams I had to shut down my league after spending countless hours building my league. I was in my 32nd year and had gotten quite familiar with the fictional players within my league. I now won't know what my teams superstar DeMario Betancourt would have accomplished with 357 HRs at only 28 years old. I just uninstalled the game and I'm just sick. The thought of starting all over and getting to know new players all over again just doesn't appeal to me right now. And if I do will the game screw up on me again after spending the time to rebuild. Don't know.
I have restarted my EBL vs MLB league 7 (4 times my fault) times since OOTP 11. It is the biggest reason why I play OOTP. What solutions did you try to resolve the updating issues? I have not had that issue since 11. I would never toss a league over uniforms, that is cosmetic. Try having 900 rookies import but none are from the upcoming season. I had to replay the entire 2004 season after winning in 7 games in the WS. Game froze after having back 2 back 2 back 2 back 2 back HR's (lost 4 games overall, my fault for playing Angry Birds between innings).
I currently have an issue of the 2010 rookies imported but 90% are on the wrong team. My last backup was before the playoffs started and I have since done too many changes to go back. Taking me forever (since I seem to live on the boards) to change every player manually.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:18 PM   #12
mpejkrm
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCStone View Post
Just back from vacation and ready to start the process over again. First let me begin by saying I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it come's to certain things and the uniform thing I could not accept because it bothered me a great deal. I play out all of my games and to see players on the field in different uniforms was not acceptable nor was I going to go and change a players uniforms each time a trade was made or a free agent signed on with a different team. I would have spent a great deal of time updating players manually which I don't want to do, I just want to play ball. Anyway a quick question. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled and now it wants the serial number which I thought I had saved but come to find out I only have my license from 13 and must have deleted my game license for 14. How do I install the game without my game license number?
Should be in your email confirming your purchase.
mpejkrm is offline   Reply With Quote